Page 3 of 117 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

I expect that crossover to end with a Krakoan gate being installed at 4 Yancy Street so that Franklin can go back and forth at any time (which means from that point on, he can be used in both F4 and X-Men). If anyone tried to use it without his permission, then they'd be getting a bloody nose like Kitty Pryde did in Marauders #1.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

An interesting take. Very heavy on visuals and look with little on content and story ideas, but certainly the look is something that would have garnered lots of attention.

Alex Ross' FF idea
    Last edited by CaptCleghorn; 01-05-2020 at 09:43 AM. Reason: Fixing da link

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    An interesting take. Very heavy on visuals and look with little on content and story ideas, but certainly the look is something that would have garnered lots of attention.

https://13thdimension.com/inside-look-how-alex-ross-wanted-to-reboot-fantastic-four/
    Link doesn’t work.

Because they had the url and the link description the wrong way around. Fixed.

Alex Ross' FF idea
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Link doesn’t work.
    Link's been fixed. I am a poor caveman poster and these internet ways confuse and scare me.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Alex Ross is a god of art!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Do we know if what happened with H.E.R.B.I.E. was a joke for that issue or if it’s going to to last? Just because it it’s the latter, that would be a real waste and a big retcon. Also it just goes to show some of what worried me with regard to aging up the kids. In modern comics all teenagers are jerks and the Richards kids were only saved from that in that they weren’t old enough to be that annoying.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Speaking of retcons, Sue and Johnny's counterparts from Spider-Gwen's world just got a major one. Spoilers for Ghost Spider #6:

spoilers:
    In Latour's run, they and their father had been shown to be on a Fantastic Four sitcom with HERBIE. Now, they went missing four years ago and their father is a serial killer! They turn up alive at the end of the issue.
    end of spoilers

Reed is in this weeks Ravencroft issue. It's going to be interesting to see what he brings to this type of story.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Speaking of retcons, Sue and Johnny's counterparts from Spider-Gwen's world just got a major one. Spoilers for Ghost Spider #6:

spoilers:
    In Latour's run, they and their father had been shown to be on a Fantastic Four sitcom with HERBIE. Now, they went missing four years ago and their father is a serial killer! They turn up alive at the end of the issue.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    They've also been aged up. They were kids in the the Spider-Gwen universe and now they seem to be adults. I'm kind of sad, would have liked to have seen them interact with Gwen and that version of Reed as kids.
    end of spoilers
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Alex Ross' FF idea
    This needs to be a mini series now.

It can be OOC, or some sort of untold tales deal if they want, but we need that book.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Mighty Member

The preview for FF/X-Men is here:

Honestly, I'm not feeling the beginning. The premise of Franklin missing godhood and wishing to regain his powers is honestly uninteresting. I hope that he isn't a pokemon and repeats to us how his powers were fading and he would be a normal human. If anything, I feel like he'd run off to Krakoa if they offered him his powers back. He's not proud he's a mutant; he's ashamed he can't be a god again.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    The preview for FF/X-Men is here:

Honestly, I'm not feeling the beginning. The premise of Franklin missing godhood and wishing to regain his powers is honestly uninteresting. I hope that he isn't a pokemon and repeats to us how his powers were fading and he would be a normal human. If anything, I feel like he'd run off to Krakoa if they offered him his powers back. He's not proud he's a mutant; he's ashamed he can't be a god again.
    The X-Men just show up in full force meaning both Xavier and Magneto. Reed and Sue's apprehensive looks seem pretty much a given. Franklin's also a bit peeved until he and Kitty have their happy reunion. Now that I think is nice.

With Chuck and Mags both there, I'd love to see Franklin do a Chris Farley routine. "Hey, remember when you two guys became one and the non-mutant heros sacrifices themselves to stop you. Then I made an alternate world so they could survive? That was awesome."

I've said it before, I am convinced that not only will Franklin WANT to go with the X-Men, but that seems to be the most probably outcome. Why?

Franklin's a teenager. Teenagers think they know what's best for them and their parents are idiots.
    The reincarnation gimmick on Krakoa seems to be a nice way for Franklin to regain his full powers and for Reed, Val, and Xavier to work together to solve the problem.
    If Franklin wants to stay with the FF, there's no drama and this story gets delayed until the next mini-series.

Now whether Franklin goes to Krakoa supposedly to stay, I won't guess. The ending of Franklin choosing X and not being able to go will increase his teenage angst and we really need more of that, amirite?

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

The ending of Franklin choosing X and not being able to go will increase his teenage angst and we really need more of that, amirite?
    It depends if you're one of those gluttons for punishment by wanting to see more teenage angst.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

The X-Men just show up in full force meaning both Xavier and Magneto. Reed and Sue's apprehensive looks seem pretty much a given. Franklin's also a bit peeved until he and Kitty have their happy reunion. Now that I think is nice.

With Chuck and Mags both there, I'd love to see Franklin do a Chris Farley routine. "Hey, remember when you two guys became one and the non-mutant heros sacrifices themselves to stop you. Then I made an alternate world so they could survive? That was awesome."

I've said it before, I am convinced that not only will Franklin WANT to go with the X-Men, but that seems to be the most probably outcome. Why?

Franklin's a teenager. Teenagers think they know what's best for them and their parents are idiots.
    The reincarnation gimmick on Krakoa seems to be a nice way for Franklin to regain his full powers and for Reed, Val, and Xavier to work together to solve the problem.
    If Franklin wants to stay with the FF, there's no drama and this story gets delayed until the next mini-series.

Now whether Franklin goes to Krakoa supposedly to stay, I won't guess. The ending of Franklin choosing X and not being able to go will increase his teenage angst and we really need more of that, amirite?
    It definitely won't end with him being UNABLE to go. I think he'll choose not to but will be given a portal so he can visit whenever he likes. It means he can be with both the X-Men and the F4, and the character will remain under Slott's control. The conflict would come from Valeria, who isn't a mutant, wanting to accompany Franklin, and from the adults worrying about what mischief the pair of them will get up to, as usual.