Page 4 of 117 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Just because Franklin is a mutant doesn’t mean he should choose to live in an supremacist ethnostate cult on Krakoa. More evidence that the kids should not have been aged up.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Maximoff View Post
    I can’t wait to see the other side of the Brooks cover.

Val not being powered is maybe one of the bigger “jokes” in Marvel comics.

She’s got super intelligence, access to advanced tech and practically unlimited funds...anytime she fancies she can go the Iron Man route.

Not to mention sorcery. Or developing a way to e pose herself to cosmic rays or gamma radiation...surely possible for some one of her intelligence to develop a way of controlling how those effect the powers given.

In general...I think it’s getting to point where any self respecting teenager with initiative ought to be arranging to get powered up within a couple of months.

I’m still waiting for her to develop the tech for her force fields.
    1AD58F58-8D12-4D90-8BBD-A98A61AD891D.jpg

I still think magic is the best path for the character.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I’m still waiting for her to develop the tech for her force fields.
    Claremont Val inherently had force fields; reborn Val doesn't have them. I wonder if anyone ever told her her complicated history or if she knows.

Going the Ironheart route would make her too similar to Riri.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

She could always become a female “Mad Thinker”, and invent an Awesome Andromeda.

I’d really like to see someone come up with something creative and new for Diablo, and maybe find a way to resurrect Gilded Lily. Update him, and his alchemy, and make him a Doctor Strange caliber villain. Plus, I’ve always loved Gilded Lily from Byrne’s Alpha Flight.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    The premise of Franklin missing godhood and wishing to regain his powers is honestly uninteresting. .
    Esteemed and lovely Fantastic Fourtians, would y'all be so kind as to enlighten me?
    I've been out of the FF world for a minute so I didn't even know Franklin was power LESS? What was the circumstance the lead to him being depowered? Choice? Forced? Drained?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Esteemed and lovely Fantastic Fourtians, would y'all be so kind as to enlighten me?
    I've been out of the FF world for a minute so I didn't even know Franklin was power LESS? What was the circumstance the lead to him being depowered? Choice? Forced? Drained?
    It's one of those things that are odd. Franklin discovers he can't create universes anymore, hence can't be a god. How he knows his powers are fading is weird because Reed analyzed him and said these things are a natural progression, somehow, Dragonman confirms that he still is stupid powerful. Franklin then steals Sam Alexander's look by dying his hair black and sulks over his fading powers which he says diminish with every use of them which is odd since he didn't know what was going on, so how he drew that conclusion was weird.

Naturally, he defines himself by his power and being god, outright referring to himself as God many times, and wants them back. He's not powerless. He's still stronger than his family. It's just that he's not omnipotent anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    It's one of those things that are odd. Franklin discovers he can't create universes anymore, hence can't be a god. How he knows his powers are fading is weird because Reed analyzed him and said these things are a natural progression, somehow, Dragonman confirms that he still is stupid powerful. Franklin then steals Sam Alexander's look by dying his hair black and sulks over his fading powers which he says diminish with every use of them which is odd since he didn't know what was going on, so how he drew that conclusion was weird.

Naturally, he defines himself by his power and being god, outright referring to himself as God many times, and wants them back. He's not powerless. He's still stronger than his family. It's just that he's not omnipotent anymore.
    Thank you U.N. Owen for taking the time to educate me.
    Someone on CBR proposed once, that perhaps Marvel should define a source to reality warpers powers. That perhaps they tap into a specific well of energy, shared by all warpers, explaining their inability to do certain things or perhaps explain when their powers waver of fail them. <shrug>

Spectacular Member markhyperion's Avatar

I'm excited for the Xmen/FF crossover. Should be fun. But does anyone else think Dodson makes Sue look like an...uh...adult film star.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Just because Franklin is a mutant doesn’t mean he should choose to live in an supremacist ethnostate cult on Krakoa. More evidence that the kids should not have been aged up.
    I'd love to see Franks take on the Psi-Lord costume.

Franklin_Richards_(Earth-6311)_002.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by markhyperion View Post
    I'm excited for the Xmen/FF crossover. Should be fun. But does anyone else think Dodson makes Sue look like an...uh...adult film star.
    Respectfully, Dodson is the portion of this crossover I'm least enthused about. His talent is certainly undeniable, but its just not an aesthetic I'm exceptionally fond of.

Eh, I think his art is fine - though there is another problem. Kitty's design is out of date, she should be wearing a scarf and her hair should be tied back, which is how she looks in Marauders.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman