Page 40 of 117 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090 ... LastLast

I'm still leery of another tentpole movie exclusively about them. I'd like to see them introduced as supporting characters, and yes, even a Disney+ show, six episodes, something. Traditional Reed, Sue, Ben, Johnny. I'm not interested in seeing the Rise of the Maker... bleh..

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Maximoff View Post
    What do you guys think about the rumour of Joss Whedon directing the MCU's FF movie?
    https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...arvel-studios/
    Wegotthiscovered is a trash news source. Anything spawned from them is extremely unlikely to be real. John Campea (where they got the "news" from) also wasn't sure if what was talked about was even true or not let alone if it was even about Fantastic Four. Unless another outlet can corroborate this I wouldn't put any stock into any of it.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I'm still leery of another tentpole movie exclusively about them. I'd like to see them introduced as supporting characters, and yes, even a Disney+ show, six episodes, something. Traditional Reed, Sue, Ben, Johnny. I'm not interested in seeing the Rise of the Maker... bleh..
    The MCU has prove they are trustworthy. The Fantastic Four getting bad movies has nothing to do with the characters, it's all on the people who made it who didn't get the property. Half the time Fox misunderstood the X-men! Think of it like a bad writer getting a run on FF.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    The MCU has prove they are trustworthy. The Fantastic Four getting bad movies has nothing to do with the characters, it's all on the people who made it who didn't get the property. Half the time Fox misunderstood the X-men! Think of it like a bad writer getting a run on FF.
    There have been good X-Men movies.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Fox doesn't really have a good stable of directors, not that anyone does in these days. Tim Story is a nice guy.... he used to post on the Superhero Hype MB when he got hired to make the Fantastic Four movies. But he had to fight Fox to get what little there was right in his FF movies. They didn't want Doom to be in full armor so we got the green overcoat and mask. He was a fan of John Byrne's run so was at least versed in the FF lore.But with only one prior film under his belt, he didn't have much leverage.

And Trank? If onset rumors are to be believed, he didn't have much control over himself let alone making a movie. He may have been a bit too green even though his father is an Oscar winning director of documentaries. I guess he got out of the Hollywood doghouse because he's got a Capone film with Tom Hardy coming out sometime this year, if the restrictions on movie theaters are lifted I suppose.

Marvel movies benefited from getting directors like Sam Raimi, the Russos and making some surprising choices like Taika Waititi, Ryan Coogler. I even thought Joe Johnston did a terrific job with CA: The First Avenger as well as the Russo Brothers with Winter Soldier. Cap's movies are the best of the lot in building the MCU IMO. It helps when you have writers tend to be fans of the MCU, like Chris Markus and Stephen McFeely who can talk comics with Kevin Smith, etc.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 04-19-2020 at 11:06 AM.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Rank your favorite FF villains. Here's mine:

1. DOOM! (obviously)
    2. Galactus (in this case, he's a villain)
    3. Annihilus
    4. Super Skrull
    5. Namor
    6. Molecule Man
    7. Frightful Four
    8. Psycho Man
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Rank your favorite FF villains. Here's mine:

1. DOOM! (obviously)
    2. Galactus (in this case, he's a villain)
    3. Annihilus
    4. Super Skrull
    5. Namor
    6. Molecule Man
    7. Frightful Four
    8. Psycho Man
    That’s... a damn good list. Well done.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    That’s... a damn good list. Well done.
    Thanks Ark!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

has the microverse been explored much with the team? Jarella's world for example? Just wondering.

Has anybody cataloged the "newer" villains, say, from the 1980s forward, anybody that has managed to be a lasting menace? The team needs new adversaries, it can't always be about Doom and Galactus.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

So I’m probably in the minority, but I LOVE the Winter Guard. It’s one of the reasons I’m still enjoying Aaron’s Avengers run. Does anyone else see characters like the Red Ghost affiliated with this group? Not join the team, but help develop tech, help create new super beings for the Russian government? So much potential, and rife for exploration.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

The coolest non-Ape related thing RG ever did was make the planetary defense shield from Spencer Cap, he should do more stuff like that when Marvel decides if he's dead or not.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    The coolest non-Ape related thing RG ever did was make the planetary defense shield from Spencer Cap, he should do more stuff like that when Marvel decides if he's dead or not.
    I want to see him experimenting on the Unicorn, and creating other Russian super-soldiers. I’d love to see him use the Abomination’s remains to create his own gamma spawned creatures.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

What do you guys think would be the best move forward for bring back the magic to the FF? What needs to change, what needs to stay the same? How do you make these characters, and their stories, actually be vital again instead of living in the shadow of their own legacy?
    (I'm not talking MCU)

1. More impact on the MU - For too long they haven't been key players on the big things going on in the MU. It made them seem unimportant to whatever is going on. So they're stories need to expand and effect the Marvel Universe like they used to and like how X-Men and Avengers stories do.

2. Develop and introduce new villains - You can't rely on Doom and Galactus all the time. There needs to be new adversaries, and some of the old ones are in need of a revamp

2.5 Don't have the villains only target Reed - Too many of the teams villains focus on Reed and treat the other three as obstacles to get to him. Give me villains that specifically want to go after one of the other members.

3. Make EVERY member's personality interesting - Too often writers lean into only making Ben and Johnny fun to read, while Reed and Sue are killjoys or just there. All of them should be fun in different ways and have distinct interesting personalities.

4. Stop repeating history - It's fine to have a reference of homage to a past story here and there, but with the FF it happens too often. Galactus has appeared so many times that it's lost all effect. The FF should be all about the new and doing new things, that's the thing that should be carry on from the original run.

5. Better action and don't resolve every situation with a solution from Reed - They have cool powers. Use them in interesting ways. The over-reliance on Reed's intelligence can make things predictable and has seem less important. Have them using their powers save the day more often, have Johnny save the day more often without Reed having to tell him.
    Last edited by Crimz; 04-21-2020 at 12:42 PM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

If and when we find the FF in the MCU, I do hope that is more or less the comic version.

I tend to agree with a soft-entry in. Maybe like, but not necessarily : I understand the Eternals movie to do some history and or soft revision. If they cover the FF in the way that Pym and earlier aspects of Shield or Pre-shield were handled it could set it up.

I've explored this idea before but here goes: somewhere around 1961 (FF's comic origin date) Shield/similar science teams help Reed fund and create the rocket ship project that establishes them.

Something happens that more or less does what the MCU/comic canon did with Cap, suspend them, or like MCU Janet, they're into another dimension - the Negative Zone, which has a retardation effect on their aging.

But the fact that it happened and they "vanished" could be the smaller details an Eternals movie gives, with the further exposition coming in their own or even through some of the famous post scenes.

So, maybe Captain Marvel 2 would have some post scene that furthers their tale. *wouldn't it be cool-funny-weird if somehow Carol encountered them in the past, since they both existed in it under my scenario or idea*

But my druthers is an inversion of the FF discovers the Inhumans classic storyline which could be part of the Eternals history-revision possibilities (as well as help bring back a better MCU version of the Inhumans), - - the rocket, escaping Earth's gravity and coming near the Moon is somehow captured by the Inhumans in their Moonscape city (generations before the current family? or do they have extended lives). The captured 4 are put into suspended animation and forgotten, perhaps, until the present day.

Some of that could happen in a retro/revised Inhumans movie or series.

I mostly think you have to give them their historical due, somehow, even if it is sort of a review. They shouldn't arrive as newbies.