Page 44 of 117 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Legacy. So 5 years?
    ‘Twas a joke
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Since today would have been the 82nd birthday of Moebius, I thought it would be neat to celebrate the greatness of his artistry:

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    A Mephisto/Franklin rematch would be good. However, Mephisto would see Franklin's teenage boy status as a weakness.
    Would he? That didn't even come up when Miles Morales (also a teenage boy) did that deal with him last year.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Sean Izaakse sharing art from the next issue guesting Spidey and Wolvie.
    https://twitter.com/SeanIzaakse/stat...59425789276162

Looks cool.
    Looking forward to read that Fantastic Four story with Spider-Man and Wolverine.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Since today would have been the 82nd birthday of Moebius, I thought it would be neat to celebrate the greatness of his artistry:

That art looks great.I have never seen that.
    Would had been awesome if Moebius had illustrated more Marvel comics.
    That Thing drawing is outstanding.
    And speaking of art with Ben Grimm.If the Thing got a new comic book my choice would be Ron Garney.
    The Grimm Noir story he illustrated was quite good and i re-read recently a Hulk comic book that he illustrated some years ago that features the Thing that was awesome as well.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    That art looks great.I have never seen that.
    Would had been awesome if Moebius had illustrated more Marvel comics.
    That Thing drawing is outstanding.
    To the utmost, I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    And speaking of art with Ben Grimm.If the Thing got a new comic book my choice would be Ron Garney.
    The Grimm Noir story he illustrated was quite good and i re-read recently a Hulk comic book that he illustrated some years ago that features the Thing that was awesome as well.
    Ron Garney is an excellent choice. Another favorite would be...

Mike Wieringo

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    To the utmost, I agree.

Ron Garney is an excellent choice. Another favorite would be...

Mike Wieringo

This reminds me that i have to read the Mark Waid and Mike Wieringo run in the Fantastic Four,one of my gap in the Fantastic Four stories that i have not read so far.
    There is just so many stories to read in comic books(And that´s not a complain) that there are always stories that i think look awesome that i have not read them yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Would he? That didn't even come up when Miles Morales (also a teenage boy) did that deal with him last year.
    Franklin is an extremely powerful individual who is far more of a threat to Mephisto than Miles. Plus, Mephisto got what he wanted out of the deal with Miles.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Read Fantastic Four #8 (November, 1962), and what stuck out to me was Alicia’s description of the Thing, which I think sums up for why I’m interested in his character more than Reed, Johnny, and Sue’s, because of how compelling and layered his characterization is.

You can tell that was a silver age plot. Nowadays it just wouldn't fly, because blind Alicia's eyes would give the game away even if she did otherwise look like Sue.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Sue saving Johnny, Reed, and Ben (Fantastic Four #5, July 1962):

Waid on FF will bring forth pretty predictable feelings, but the addition of Neil Adams on art is a new situation. What does the public think about this?

https://13thdimension.com/neal-adams...antastic-four/

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Waid on FF will bring forth pretty predictable feelings, but the addition of Neil Adams on art is a new situation. What does the public think about this?

https://13thdimension.com/neal-adams...antastic-four/
    hopefully this will be successful and lead to another mini series by these fellows.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Mark Waid: "We all know of Galactus, but until now, no one has met his Antithesis."

We sort of did: in the 2011 Silver Surfer series the High Evolutionary stole some Power Cosmic from Galactus' Star Sphere and become a lifebringer of worlds, even getting a herald. The Future Foundation (with Spidey) was there as well. Though he was not a fundamental force of nature.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Mark Waid: "We all know of Galactus, but until now, no one has met his Antithesis."

We sort of did: in the 2011 Silver Surfer series the High Evolutionary stole some Power Cosmic from Galactus' Star Sphere and become a lifebringer of worlds, even getting a herald. The Future Foundation (with Spidey) was there as well. Though he was not a fundamental force of nature.
    Galactus is a tough character to handle in stories. The idea is he's so big and powerful that you just can't beat him up and win the day. Ultimately, there's a progression through more and more powerful characters and challenges to keep interest. But for a mini, the idea is get a big idea and run with it without worrying about keeping it going past four or six issues. I'm more excited about Adams' art than I am Waid's story. I know there are those who love Waid's run, but his handling of both Galactus and Doom were disappointing to me.