Page 48 of 117 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898 ... LastLast

Anyone read the Ghost-Spider finale?

spoilers:
    Earth-65 Sue and Johnny blackmail Gwen.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    I wouldn't mind new renditions of the Byrne costumes. I was always a fan of those.
    Which ones are the Byrne costumes? These?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Maximoff View Post
    I hope the FF don't change costumes again, I really like the costumes they are currently wearing.
    For me it will always be the blue and white from the 90's. I realize they are the original and others find the blue/black more 'iconic'... but whenever i think of the FF, it's those above that are in my mind.

Same thing with the Human Torch. I'll always prefer the red with the black lines over the more detailed realistic 'guy on fire' that they've pushed for years now... but for me THAT is the Torch

Wasn't a fan of Sue with the shorter hair... but that's the costume i like.

I will say as far as changes and updates go... the current ones, aren't BAD... I don't hate them, but they still aren't MY Fantastic Four. especially with Reeds beard. That's got to go.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Which ones are the Byrne costumes? These?

For me it will always be the blue and white from the 90's. I realize they are the original and others find the blue/black more 'iconic'... but whenever i think of the FF, it's those above that are in my mind.

Same thing with the Human Torch. I'll always prefer the red with the black lines over the more detailed realistic 'guy on fire' that they've pushed for years now... but for me THAT is the Torch

I will say as far as changes and updates go... the current ones, aren't BAD... I don't hate them, but they still aren't MY Fantastic Four. especially with Reeds beard. That's got to go.
    Yep, the dark blue
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

I wouldn't mind new renditions of the Byrne costumes. I was always a fan of those.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Yep, the dark blue
    Cool! That I agree with

I also see Byrne associated with this one, but I'll always prefer the white.

I personally prefer when each member of the team have a unique flair to their costumes to show off their personality and individuality, but still looking like a team.

This comes close to what I want, but Johnny looks a bit too casual.

Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I personally prefer when each member of the team have a unique flair to their costumes to show off their personality and individuality, but still looking like a team.

Yeah, for it's a case by case. For X-men and Avengers... I just HATE the 'team' uniforms. I love the heroes to be individuals first, coming together for a common cause... but Fantastic Four, I always consider them a Team first and an idividual.... well, never except the Thing. The Team is such a core concept with those four, I do love when they look alike.

And even then Thing is normally a unique version of the costume and Johnny's on fire so it's really only Reed and Sue that look the same in any action scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd be happy to see the return of the blue but I feel like the current costumes deserve at least a year or two.
    Personally, my favorite will always be the Carlos Pacheco versions (before Heroes Reborn):

Last edited by K7P5V; 06-17-2020 at 05:50 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Yeah, for it's a case by case. For X-men and Avengers... I just HATE the 'team' uniforms. I love the heroes to be individuals first, coming together for a common cause... but Fantastic Four, I always consider them a Team first and an idividual.... well, never except the Thing. The Team is such a core concept with those four, I do love when they look alike.

And even then Thing is normally a unique version of the costume and Johnny's on fire so it's really only Reed and Sue that look the same in any action scene.
    That's my biggest issue with the FF. I think more needs to be done to emphasize their individuality both in and out of the team. Which is likely why I'm drawn to more unique version of the uniforms for each member. To show that they are a team, but also their own distinct people. Like you said, Ben seems to be the one treated most like his own person and his design reflects that. He could easily have had the same uniform as the others but he changed it up a bit to suit him, whether that be shorts or a tank top. I personally would like another run where every member gets that treatment both in uniform design and character development.
    Last edited by Crimz; 06-17-2020 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post

Johnny's the odd man out because Sue and Reed at least seem to have the same general design/logo even if the look is different between the two of them and Ben's Ben.

She didn't always have short hair during Byrne's run. It was shoulder length for a time as well as seen below and she wore it in a ponytail as well.

I don't mind Reed's facial hair for now but I hope it doesn't stick around longer than the costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Costumes can change when the run ends.

The last issue of the Sue mini is transcendent.
    I need another Sue solo ASAP!

Heck, I wouldn't even mind if it were digital exclusive.

Very few Marvel superheroes have ever been part of show business or Hollywood in the comics. I know Sue used to be asked to act in films and model in the Silver Age so I really wouldn't mind something like that for her again. Like her taking a role in a TV series or being asked to play the lead in a blockbuster film series. That could be a good premise for a solo and give her a life outside of the FF.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Alex Ross has "Timeless Heroes" variant covers for FF #24 and FF Antithesis #2.

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-alex-ross...roes-variants/

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Very few Marvel superheroes have ever been part of show business or Hollywood in the comics. I know Sue used to be asked to act in films and model in the Silver Age so I really wouldn't mind something like that for her again. Like her taking a role in a TV series or being asked to play the lead in a blockbuster film series. That could be a good premise for a solo and give her a life outside of the FF.
    I always felt like Sue grew out of that aspect of her life and Johnny is more into the celebrity aspect. I think that scenario suits him more, especially considering he's tried his hand at several careers in showbiz. Johnny is the person that I think should have a story like that, about trying to make in Hollywood and all the pitfalls that go along with it.

For Sue I personally would prefer something more on the academic side that provides opportunity for adventure, like a doctor or archaeologist. Both roles could lead to her own adventures, team-ups, and her own unique part of the MU. There only a handful of superheroic doctors in Marvel and even less archaeologists so it wouldn't be over-represented like scientists are. Plus there are alt-realities where she has those occupations so there is a precedence, especially for doctor with the times she's had to perform operations in 616. It's kind of weird for a character to assume that role that many times without being a doctor or in medicine...
    Anyway those are the paths I'd hope a solo would give to Sue as well as develop her personality and relationships outside of her family.