Page 60 of 117 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Really wish we got more of the kids on Yancy Street. Point of Origin was a 6 issue storyline...all I recall was a flash to the kids having a party. Would have been a good time to show how they are adjusting and who they are meeting and hanging out with.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Really wish we got more of the kids on Yancy Street. Point of Origin was a 6 issue storyline...all I recall was a flash to the kids having a party. Would have been a good time to show how they are adjusting and who they are meeting and hanging out with.
    A back-up tale during titled arcs not featuring the kids would be a nice touch. I'd like to see some comedy such as the kids planning their party, but some dramatic tension works as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Moon Girl. That's who they were hanging out with. It was established in her own book that she lives on Yancy Street, so when the F4 moved into Ben's place they became her neighbours. We saw them meet, Franklin liked Devil Dinosaur while Val was more interested in her intellect, since Lunella claims to be smarter than Reed.

Incidentally, you'll have noticed no sign of Lunella in Empyre... I assume that's because Outlawed takes place at the same time (both Champions and Empyre were originally solicited to start in April), meaning she's in hiding (with the Champions, who were never meant to play any part in Empyre even before the cutbacks). Honestly, they need to address that, because it would affect Franklin, Valeria, Jo-Venn and N'Kalla if they try to do any heroics. Outlawed probably ends in March (Champions #5 is out in February, but there'll still be at least one issue each of Power Pack and New Warriors assuming they launch in November), but Empyre will be over in September, six months earlier, so the next arc of F4 will still overlap it.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 07-27-2020 at 08:11 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Forever View Post
    The Reed Richards-Susan Storm separation had some drama. It began when Sue walked out of the team and away from Reed at the close of FF 130 and they did not reconcile until the end of FF 149. Medusa took her place on the FF team, just as Crystal had done so when Sue was pregnant with Franklin. What was most strange is that even after their reconciliation, Sue did not return to the team for another 10 issues or so.
    Nice! I was looking to collecting from 143 on, because that was the month and year of the oldest issue of Avengers I own (Avengers 120), but that storyline sounds interesting. I might have to go back 13 issues. I currently own 187 to 416, so this will be fun.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Moon Girl. That's who they were hanging out with. It was established in her own book that she lives on Yancy Street, so when the F4 moved into Ben's place they became her neighbours. We saw them meet, Franklin liked Devil Dinosaur while Val was more interested in her intellect, since Lunella claims to be smarter than Reed.

Incidentally, you'll have noticed no sign of Lunella in Empyre... I assume that's because Outlawed takes place at the same time (both Champions and Empyre were originally solicited to start in April), meaning she's in hiding (with the Champions, who were never meant to play any part in Empyre even before the cutbacks). Honestly, they need to address that, because it would affect Franklin, Valeria, Jo-Venn and N'Kalla if they try to do any heroics. Outlawed probably ends in March (Champions #5 is out in February, but there'll still be at least one issue each of Power Pack and New Warriors assuming they launch in November), but Empyre will be over in September, six months earlier, so the next arc of F4 will still overlap it.
    Too bad that Moon Girl was cancelled last year. It did have a nice long run and it was a cute comic for all ages.

I do think it'll come back, probably next year, when Moon Girl's Disney cartoon starts.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

That's who Val was hanging out with...Frank was hanging with a girl named Izzy...and there were the kids he got into it with at the community center.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Too bad that Moon Girl was cancelled last year. It did have a nice long run and it was a cute comic for all ages.
    I liked the comic but I didn't like how they used the FF to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I liked the comic but I didn't like how they used the FF to be honest.
    I know what you mean but you get used to the star of any comic getting all the spotlight at expense of any guest stars. I still think Valeria and Reed are ahead of Luna in my head canon. I tend to count characters with more real world experiences, etc, as a few steps ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Nice! I was looking to collecting from 143 on, because that was the month and year of the oldest issue of Avengers I own (Avengers 120), but that storyline sounds interesting. I might have to go back 13 issues. I currently own 187 to 416, so this will be fun.
    IMO you can passover the Englehart run though Too much silly drama (the Sue/Crystal cat fight ) and as usual he threwgh his pet character Mantis in there at one point. And then he even bailed out a bit when he inserted himself in the last page of his final issue.

Spidey's reaction to Sky...
    https://aiptcomics.com/2020/08/01/fa...arvel-preview/

Oh, and apparently Frank is "mutant royalty". At least according to Logan.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 08-01-2020 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    IMO you can passover the Englehart run though Too much silly drama (the Sue/Crystal cat fight ) and as usual he threwgh his pet character Mantis in there at one point. And then he even bailed out a bit when he inserted himself in the last page of his final issue.

The Harkness penname is a result of editorial interference. I don't know all the details of what happened, but I do recall Engelhart had plans Marvel did not allow him to go through with. It's not hard to imagine a story looking like a mess when multiple aspects of its conclusion are sidelined and/or eliminated. Not to say the story didn't turn out to be a mess, but Steve Englehart, IMHO, deserves the benefit of the doubt for his talent.

And yes, I will admit to being an Englehart apologist here.

Logan stabbing a skrull kid? eeps. how does Hulk and ghost rider (Ketch? Blaze?) fit into this..

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Logan stabbing a skrull kid? eeps. how does Hulk and ghost rider (Ketch? Blaze?) fit into this..
    Way back in the day there was The New Fantastic Four.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    The Harkness penname is a result of editorial interference. I don't know all the details of what happened, but I do recall Engelhart had plans Marvel did not allow him to go through with. It's not hard to imagine a story looking like a mess when multiple aspects of its conclusion are sidelined and/or eliminated. Not to say the story didn't turn out to be a mess, but Steve Englehart, IMHO, deserves the benefit of the doubt for his talent.

And yes, I will admit to being an Englehart apologist here.
    I tend to think his stories were probably worse if they weren't changed.

He was known to be unpopular at Marvel as I recall reading from Sean Howe's book Marvel Comics: The Untold Story. Another weird thing he did IMO was to insist on turning Quicksilver into a supervillain even after other writers had done the opposite to fix him.
    Check out Brian Cronin's columns about this. Interesting reading. I hated everything he did in his Fantastic Four run....like the Crystal / Sue catfight most of all.

Abandoned and Forsaken: Why Quicksilver was such a crazy supervillain

Quicksilver runs away from a second career in villainy

Of course we got this low point from his run too. IMO his last arc was a mess with the Aron the Rogue Watcher's clone FF, the dream sequences etc.