Page 63 of 117 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by markhyperion View Post
    Nah. Go to end of article. Issue 4 has a cover. You will see. They've deaged Frank as well and no Val so this is certainly it's own timeline.
    I'm not sure what's up. At 2:32 in the video, there's a picture of Sue and Agatha with two blond kids who seem to be Val and Franklin. But Franklin and Val do look younger there. My guess is it's an out of continuity story to give Neal Adams a nice sandbox to play in. Mark Waid is there to make sure the story doesn't get the disdain that Adams' Batman: Odyssey and Superman: Coming of the Supermen got. Waid undoubtedly knows how old Val and Franklin are now, but may not like it or even care about the older Richards kiddies. A good point for a younger Franklin is that he won't be able to pull a rabbit out of his omega-level hat and fix a problem that is bothering his future buddy, Galactus.

The Fantastic Four by Patrick Brown
    https://www.reddit.com/r/comicbooks/...patrick_brown/

I'm in the Wiccan/Pagan community. It has long been rumored or suspected that he has a certain degree in a certain tradition of The Craft. Can't verify but know some who claim it is so. There are usually incredible secret oaths to these things, but some people know "something" without knowing the real deal, and due to prejudices may over react or are just against us. I've heard JB became (or always was) very conservative. Some of the modern Wicca/Witch traditions have a pretty on-focus with aspects of sexuality.

Yes, the idea of him being a certain way would work with the so called secret.

I've many times thought we should see some of the other creations in the mag: Darkoth - who has Ben Grimm connections from the air flight day? Oculus from Defalco - or for that matter, Nathaniel Richards, any version, especially if it really presents a good twist for a change. Fausaud ? from Englehart. I'm sure there are so many that escape my mind.

Soaps, whether you wish to believe are a big factor or part of this. Serialized characters mostly revolve around these concepts, in any medium. Sometimes they're victimizers, sometimes they're victims and sometimes they're redeemed. It's certainly a part of day time tv soaps and I think the convention has always figured into comic's storytelling. The years of who Supes liked more Lois or Lana. Years later when Supes finally marries, there were stories about the various things of relations. I would miss this if it was all doom and gloom. I mean what else is there?

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I don't mind them trying to recapture that "feel" of the kirby/Lee run. That sense of adventure.

What scares me is the "soap opera" comment in the artcile. I dont think it has to be that.

But since I know its pretty much non-canon I'll go in with an open mind towards something different.

Just, let's not make this Grand Design 2: the revenge of the fanfiction.
    Sometimes I question the judgement at Marvel when the greenlight a project like that. I couldn't make it through more than a few pages of issue #1

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

Looks like the FF will be appearing in Marvel promo art soon .

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I'm in the Wiccan/Pagan community. It has long been rumored or suspected that he has a certain degree in a certain tradition of The Craft. Can't verify but know some who claim it is so. There are usually incredible secret oaths to these things, but some people know "something" without knowing the real deal, and due to prejudices may over react or are just against us. I've heard JB became (or always was) very conservative. Some of the modern Wicca/Witch traditions have a pretty on-focus with aspects of sexuality.
    Yes, the idea of him being a certain way would work with the so called secret.
    I've many times thought we should see some of the other creations in the mag: Darkoth - who has Ben Grimm connections from the air flight day? Oculus from Defalco - or for that matter, Nathaniel Richards, any version, especially if it really presents a good twist for a change. Fausaud ? from Englehart. I'm sure there are so many that escape my mind.
    Soaps, whether you wish to believe are a big factor or part of this. Serialized characters mostly revolve around these concepts, in any medium. Sometimes they're victimizers, sometimes they're victims and sometimes they're redeemed. It's certainly a part of day time tv soaps and I think the convention has always figured into comic's storytelling. The years of who Supes liked more Lois or Lana. Years later when Supes finally marries, there were stories about the various things of relations. I would miss this if it was all doom and gloom. I mean what else is there?
    Dude, you need to learn how to use the multi-quote...

Anyway... I love Neal Adams, but... I also like (superhero) stories that matter. This doesn't look like it's going to matter in the long run. If it gets great reviews (and somehow "matters") maybe I'll get the TPB.

Yes, I know it sounds horrible... but for the money I spend on these books, dammit, I just want the stories I read to matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Dude, you need to learn how to use the multi-quote...

Anyway... I love Neal Adams, but... I also like (superhero) stories that matter. This doesn't look like it's going to matter in the long run. If it gets great reviews (and somehow "matters") maybe I'll get the TPB.

Yes, I know it sounds horrible... but for the money I spend on these books, dammit, I just want the stories I read to matter.
    But you didn't really address or comment to any of my comments, so who cares?

But you didn't really address or comment to any of my comments, so who cares?
    Because there was no context (who you’re replying to) to your replies. I couldn’t see the other half of the conversation in your replies. They’re just floating there without quoting who you’re responding to.

Annnnyway.... Was anyone else disappointed that, in the latest issue, the Hulk and Ghost Rider spoilers:
    didn’t actually show up
    end of spoilers?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

I need a great FF cartoon so bad...
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Astonishing Member

Looks like we know who becomesGalactus.

That reveal didnt last.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.syf...tithesis%3famp
    Looking forward to read this Fantastic Four limited series.
    I have it pre-ordered just to make sure i get my copies in case it gets sold out at my LCS.
    As a fan of Neal Adams art since a fantastic run on the original X-men,to Green Lantern and Green Arrow and last but not least the Batman stories,to see finally a story of the FF being ilustrated by Neal Adams it´s quite cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Annnnyway.... Was anyone else disappointed that, in the latest issue, the Hulk and Ghost Rider spoilers:
    didn’t actually show up
    end of spoilers?
    I was OK and comfortable with that, actually.

That cover was misleading for sure. I had to update the Gondor Calls for Aid trope on the Empyre TV Tropes page last night, asspoilers:
    it wrongly said the New Fantastic Four had been reunited. I changed it to say that the Hulk and Ghost Rider no-showed, Reed wasn't surprised, and Franklin and Valeria became official F4 members instead.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman