Page 64 of 117 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Because there was no context (who you’re replying to) to your replies. I couldn’t see the other half of the conversation in your replies. They’re just floating there without quoting who you’re responding to.

Annnnyway.... Was anyone else disappointed that, in the latest issue, the Hulk and Ghost Rider spoilers:
    didn’t actually show up
    end of spoilers?
    Nah, I was perfectly fine with it, and it made the most sense based on current status of both those characters.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    But you didn't really address or comment to any of my comments, so who cares?
    Not to pile on but your posts would have more meaning if you would use the reply with quote or the multi quote function which is the symbol of a quote with a plus sign. Truthfully I can't tell what you're talking about half the time.

As long as the quote feature works for me. I've used it for years and at times it didn't work right for me. No one has complained in the other threads I write or comment in. oh well.

As long as the quote feature works for me. I've used it for years and at times it didn't work right for me. No one has complained in the other threads I write or comment in. oh well.
    Oops I did it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I need a great FF cartoon so bad...
    We need great Marvel cartoons in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    We need great Marvel cartoons in general.
    FF cartoon would be great. Being very old, I loved the '60s one, but also the one earlier in this century. The '70s one with Herbie the robot, not so much. (the episode where they fight Magneto is cringe-worthy hilarious)

Will the FF do more space exploring after all of this Empyre stuff is over with? There's a big multiverse out there.

Incredible Member Marvel Forever's Avatar

FF cartoon would be great. Being very old, I loved the '60s one, but also the one earlier in this century. The '70s one with Herbie the robot, not so much. (the episode where they fight Magneto is cringe-worthy hilarious)
    The 1960's cartoon series is by far my favorite. The most recent one had decent stories, but the artwork for Sue's head was not good.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Forever View Post
    The 1960's cartoon series is by far my favorite. The most recent one had decent stories, but the artwork for Sue's head was not good.
    I actually forgot to mention the '90s one. That was maybe my favorite. You must have too, if you saw it.

I think the most recent one was trying to be manga or anime style?

Good nigth/morning depending of your time zone. Hope that you all are well.

I was interested in knowing what was the FF fandom about Tom Defalco run, which lasted until the whole Heroes Reborn event if i'm not wrong.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Mighty Member

I actually forgot to mention the '90s one. That was maybe my favorite. You must have too, if you saw it.

I think the most recent one was trying to be manga or anime style?
    The 90s FF cartoon was great in the second season. Coincidently, Quinton Flynn was brought on to do the Human Torch, so I'm a bit biased towards having him on the cast over Brian Green

He shoots fire, not spits fire.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post

I was interested in knowing what was the FF fandom about Tom Defalco run, which lasted until the whole Heroes Reborn event if i'm not wrong.

DeFalco's main book sucked because of stupid stuff like Cable Franklin (although I will take that over mean to disabled people Franklin we currently have), time travel shenanigans which I tend to dislike more often than not, and of course, whatever the hell Hyperstorm was.
    Last edited by U.N. Owen; 08-10-2020 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I was OK and comfortable with that, actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by BAS View Post
    Nah, I was perfectly fine with it, and it made the most sense based on current status of both those characters.
    I was ok with it too, because it made more sense within the story, but I was also looking forward to seeing HOW they’d get those two involved....

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    DeFalco's main book sucked because of stupid stuff like Cable Franklin (although I will take that over mean to disabled people Franklin we currently have), time travel shenanigans which I tend to dislike more often than not, and of course, whatever the hell Hyperstorm was.
    See, I’m one of the twelve people on the planet who enjoyed DeFalco’s run. Cable Richards was odd, but I enjoyed most of the run. The end got kinda messy because Heroes Reborn was on its way and he had to clean up... There are a lot of things from his run that I wish someone else would pick up on.

I was ok with it too, because it made more sense within the story, but I was also looking forward to seeing HOW they’d get those two involved....

See, I’m one of the twelve people on the planet who enjoyed DeFalco’s run. Cable Richards was odd, but I enjoyed most of the run. The end got kinda messy because Heroes Reborn was on its way and he had to clean up... There are a lot of things from his run that I wish someone else would pick up on.
    I loved the DeFalco run.

Scott, Teen Franks, Lyja, Sharon, Sue's costume, Rafael Suarez........., Huntara.........., Fantastic Force...

I loved having a plethora of characters
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

I actually forgot to mention the '90s one. That was maybe my favorite.
    My favorite will always be F4: Season Two. Still the best, especially...

'90s Ghost Rider

I enjoyed DeFalco's run towards the end when he brought back both Doom & Reed...

In fact, I consider the last two issues to be truly hidden treasures (Pacheco's artwork also greatly helps, IMHO):

The DeFalco run was underrated and deserves more credit than it gets. It's hidden by the Hickman, Byrne, and Lee/Kirby runs. DeFalco and Ryan did new stuff and changed the status quo severely. I love them for that. But they tried to make the book look too much like the Lee/Kirby days with the covers. And much of the run has a very dated nineties look as well. But taking Reed and Victor off the table for two years in a time when two years meant something in comic book was an extremely ballsy move. It's main weaknesses were cosmetic and none of the changes took and were reversed within that run.

I don't know if I'd say it deserves the number four spot for runs as Simonson's stories were excellent also, but I liked it.