Page 68 of 117 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1744

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing Wizard go anti-hero instead of Villain and make Frightful Four a subsidiary of Fantastic Four as their "X-Force". Fantastix as their "New mutants". Future Foundation as their "New X-Men".
    Perhaps there could be layers with that concept. Wizard wants to be 'good' but doesn't think he'll be believed, so he goes covert, very covert.

(something like the original X-Factor, the covert original X-men, way back?)
    *** So who would be this F-Factor group consist of besides him? Who would be powerful but able to be possibly covert?

This would most likely have to be similar/criminalistic minds like his - who else would trust him?

But the true layer could be that the Wizard doesn't realize *he's * being controlled, influenced or hypnotized by someone else with a different agenda.

- to me that could be lots of past foes; Psycho Man comes to mind, but I'd like to consider a

four behind the four. Another Frightful Four. Since I want to think out of the box, I'd like to make them all lesser known in the FF world, possibly, but very formidable on their own, perhaps. * So along with Psycho Man, I suggest Devos the Devastator, Lucia Von Bardas (I wasn't even sure who she was!), and maybe for old time's sake, and you need 'more muscle' . .. The Brute! This secret group somehow controls the Wizard who thinks he is a secret F-Force to the FF, but he's not.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I have a new idea for the Frightful Four. Instead of being science based, let them be magic based.

We’d have Diablo leading it with Gilded Lily, Nicholas Scratch and Blackout

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I have a new idea for the Frightful Four. Instead of being science based, let them be magic based.

We’d have Diablo leading it with Gilded Lily, Nicholas Scratch and Blackout
    oh wow, Blackout was suppose to appeared in Brisson Ghost rider series but got cancelled before he would appeared, I would love for him to get something new to do, he seem to the only orginal 90s GR villain that had staying power and managed to get out of being just a GR and ventured to fighting other Marvel heroes like Spidey(while Ock was in Peter's body), Wolverine(fear itself the fearless), Deadpool(Assassin by Bunn/Bagley) and him and Deathwatch were part of the Hoods gang.

I'd revamp the Frightful Four to be a dark mirror to the Fantastic Four and what they stand for. A toxic family of colonizers, exploring (with the governments backing) to conquer/exploit the new places they find.
    Wizards obsession with Reed could cause him to want his own "family" and gathering broken and easily manipulated villains, some old and some new.

Wizard - the dark reflection to Reed's obsession with science and need to be in control of everything. I'd have him be an actual threat and increase his intelligence so that he isn't completely outclassed by Reed all the time. He controls his "family" through fear and manipulation, while also being neglectful of their needs.

Sharon or Sandman - Either work as the Ben parallel. These characters are the ones that should always be on the verge of redemption, but slip back due to low self-worth. It's what Ben could have been if he stayed in a gang or never learned to deal with his transformation into the Thing.

I can't think of parallels to Johnny and Sue, so I think new characters would be best for those two. They should be siblings too and have character traits that are a negative exaggeration of Sue and Johnny's. Like Johnny's dependence on his family and immaturity, and Sue's lack of life outside of her family and angry outbursts.

Then you have the complex relationship that Bentley-23 and Cole would have to this new status quo.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I'd revamp the Frightful Four to be a dark mirror to the Fantastic Four and what they stand for. A toxic family of colonizers, exploring (with the governments backing) to conquer/exploit the new places they find.
    Wizards obsession with Reed could cause him to want his own "family" and gathering broken and easily manipulated villains, some old and some new.

Wizard - the dark reflection to Reed's obsession with science and need to be in control of everything. I'd have him be an actual threat and increase his intelligence so that he isn't completely outclassed by Reed all the time. He controls his "family" through fear and manipulation, while also being neglectful of their needs.

Sharon or Sandman - Either work as the Ben parallel. These characters are the ones that should always be on the verge of redemption, but slip back due to low self-worth. It's what Ben could have been if he stayed in a gang or never learned to deal with his transformation into the Thing.

I can't think of parallels to Johnny and Sue, so I think new characters would be best for those two. They should be siblings too and have character traits that are a negative exaggeration of Sue and Johnny's. Like Johnny's dependence on his family and immaturity, and Sue's lack of life outside of her family and angry outbursts.

Then you have the complex relationship that Bentley-23 and Cole would have to this new status quo.
    I feel like that's what Waid was going for with his Frightful Four.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like that's what Waid was going for with his Frightful Four.
    All I remember was really big noses.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Around this time of year, 44 years ago, I bought my first Fantastic Four comic.
    Fantastic Four #176.
    It is still one of my favorite issues.
    fantasticfour176.jpg
    And I loved that last page.
    fr2.jpg
    Last edited by Mike; 08-18-2020 at 04:55 PM.

For those of you who haven't checked out (and why haven't you?) the Age Of Marvel - New Universe thread where brilliant CBR posters (and me) do up synopses for our own Marvel Universe books, I have created a set of foes for the FF called the Fierce Foursome. Bankrolled by Gregory Gideon, the evil FF consited of:

Rhona Burchill, the Thinker to mimic Reed
    Unus the Untouchable to mimic Sue
    Wendy Winter, a character with ice powers to mimic Johnny and
    Thundra to mimic Ben

The powers are similar to the FF but the genders are reversed which seem kind of cool to me.

Go to: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...-Solicitations and "buy" some books, already!

As to the other ideas coming in, I am wondering if keeping to a traditional Wizard/Trapster is the best route. Mark this down as internet posts are starting to change my mind.

Works for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Around this time of year, 44 years ago, I bought my first Fantastic Four comic.
    Fantastic Four #176.
    It is still one of my favorite issues.
    fantasticfour176.jpg
    And I loved that last page.
    fr2.jpg
    Awesome !! Frightful Four actually look frightful here.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Awesome !! Frightful Four actually look frightful here.
    Perez era? He also brought us Salem's Seven.

Incredible Member Marvel Forever's Avatar

I have always liked the Salem's Seven. I wish that we had seen more of them through the years.

Thinking we will never see Mad Thinker’s FF characters ever again. I would like to see Goodfire again though.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Forever View Post
    I have always liked the Salem's Seven. I wish that we had seen more of them through the years.
    Here I go again. When I look at the various hidden races that have (over) populated the Marvel Universe, I always feel there should be things that connect them to either (or both) the Eternals or the Inhumans.

Look at SS; they're mostly a mix of non human critters with human. Sounds Deviant or Inhuman to me.

Since we know that many of these folks left their main tribe, centuries ago, mixed in with the human race, or still kept colonies,

I think it would be pretty assured that the genes are present somehow.

Although it may have been retconned, there exists a story with Agatha Harkness living in Atlantis before it sunk. That is so Eternal-Deviant-other.

So what do others think? PS: magic is real, so even Inhumans or whoever, can master it; Wanda? etc.

FANTASTIC FOUR: ANTITHESIS #4

MARK WAID (W), NEAL ADAMS (A/C)
    Variant cover by RUSSELL DAUTERMAN
    Reed Richards has made the ultimate sacrifice to save the cosmos from both Antithesis and Galactus, dooming himself to a life among the stars! Meet Mr. Galactic!
    32 pages, $4.99.

FANTASTIC FOUR #26

DAN SLOTT (W), R.B. SILVA (A)
    Cover by MARK BROOKS
    NAMOR PHOENIX VARIANT COVER BY KRIS ANKA
    A powerful portal to everywhere, THE FOREVER GATE has been ripped open -- and beings from countless realities are pouring through, threatening to overwhelm Manhattan...and then the rest of the world! The Fantastic Four have to close it -- except one being stands in their way... MISTER FANTASTIC?! All this and the return of Fantastic Four friends and foes! And one old flame...
    32 pages, $3.99.

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-comics-so...november-2020/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman