Page 74 of 117 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1744
    Incredible Member Marvel Forever's Avatar

It sounds like Dan Slott has some really big secret thing in mind. I wonder what huge plans he has for our beloved FF?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Forever View Post
    Perhaps this is what they are waiting for? Maybe they do not want to push the FF into too much comic prominence until a new FF film is ready to go?
    If you word it like that then it makes no sense to invest $5 per release if Marvel ain't gonna invest in the book itself until a later date.
    "Cable was right!"

Spectacular Member markhyperion's Avatar

I agree with the sentiment that FF were once again pointless in Empyre. They've been supporting characters in these crossovers.

And the new FF issue? Nothing happened. Wasn't it supposed to "define two characters" forever.

I wanna see the team break up and go to different teams. Cancel main book. Have two mini series a year.

Time to change it up. But still be the family, not a malicious break up. Just do separate things. Give characters a chance to add to other books and their own character.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by markhyperion View Post
    I agree with the sentiment that FF were once again pointless in Empyre. They've been supporting characters in these crossovers.

And the new FF issue? Nothing happened. Wasn't it supposed to "define two characters" forever.

I wanna see the team break up and go to different teams. Cancel main book. Have two mini series a year.

Time to change it up. But still be the family, not a malicious break up. Just do separate things. Give characters a chance to add to other books and their own character.
    I have a feeling the kids will break off into their own F4.

Quote Originally Posted by markhyperion View Post

If you'd asked me this a year or two ago, i would say that the FF should always stay together. But this run broke me.

Them separating for a few years would be the best for the team imo. Have them really grow and develop as individuals and then eventually come back together with a more complex dynamic than what they currently have. Just have some villain use that FF synergy that makes them stronger when they're together and reverse/alter so that they harm each other when they are close or something. Just keep them in other books and other teams for a while because they are really bland currently.

It would especially benefit Sue and Johnny who have not developed at all in terms of personality due to the family dynamic.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    If you'd asked me this a year or two ago, i would say that the FF should always stay together. But this run broke me.

Them separating for a few years would be the best for the team imo. Have them really grow and develop as individuals and then eventually come back together with a more complex dynamic than what they currently have. Just have some villain use that FF synergy that makes them stronger when they're together and reverse/alter so that they harm each other when they are close or something. Just keep them in other books and other teams for a while because they are really bland currently.

It would especially benefit Sue and Johnny who have not developed at all in terms of personality due to the family dynamic.
    But we’ve had that already the last few years before the current run, with Johnny and Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    But we’ve had that already the last few years before the current run, with Johnny and Ben.
    That was only two of them, and it was great for them.

I want that to happen with the entire team this time.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

I'm in the minority on this forum, as an F4 fan I love the old school feel and the classic spirit of the Slott's run and the art is great. He seems to have a plan, introduces new characters and doesn't forget old ones, and he really loves Fantastic Four. I'm comfortable with this run.
    But yes, nothing special is happening and that's a problem. Let's see what lies ahead. Next year should be big for F4

Incredible Member Marvel Forever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenXXX View Post
    I'm in the minority on this forum, as an F4 fan I love the old school feel and the classic spirit of the Slott's run and the art is great. He seems to have a plan, introduces new characters and doesn't forget old ones, and he really loves Fantastic Four. I'm comfortable with this run.
    But yes, nothing special is happening and that's a problem. Let's see what lies ahead. Next year should be big for F4
    While I am not overly excited about Slott's run, neither am I all that disappointed. After all, I have not been thrilled with the FF since the 1970's and even more the 1960's. Personally, I think it is too early for Dan Slottt to leave. I am eagerly waiting to see what big surprise that he has planned for us and I believe that it has been to the detriment of the title to have so many different writers in recent decades. I say give him a chance for at least another 12-24 months. After all, his run is at least as good as most of them in recent years and he may yet prove himself to be a superior writer.

Today saw the release of Fantastic Four #668. Next week, we'll see the Empyre Aftermath: FF book. The 23rd brings us FF: Antithesis #2, and the 30th sees Fantastic Four #669. It is nice to four FF books in a month.

BANNED

https://youtu.be/IPSX928CU9o
    Looks like we could possibly get a new FF animated series.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Maximoff View Post

Looks like we could possibly get a new FF animated series.
    You can embed videos you know. Just put the url in video tags instead of url tags.

lol, the video thumbnail can't even spell Fantastic. And that video is not official - only 500 subscribers? A legit source would have tens of thousands. This isn't even a rumour, it's pure fan speculation.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    You can embed videos you know. Just put the url in video tags instead of url tags.

lol, the video thumbnail can't even spell Fantastic. And that video is not official - only 500 subscribers? A legit source would have tens of thousands. This isn't even a rumour, it's pure fan speculation.
    Still, A man can dream can't he?

Extraordinary Member

This may sound blasphemous, but I currently expect Disney to make a Incredibles animated show before a Fantastic Four one.

Unless Brad Bird didn’t want them to.

I hope the Future Foundation kids get folded back into the main book... or at least some of them. I’m sure Artie and Leech would go to Krakoa. Alex and Julie would be in the new Power Pack book. I doubt Rikki will be there... Dragon Man, the moloids, uhari, Onome, Bentley-23, and Lyja should all be able to integrate into the main book though.. Heck, have Lyja and Sky meet.