Page 75 of 117 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1744
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I thought it was a mistake for Dan Slott to essentially get rid of the Future Foundation. And Hickman gave Dragon Man such a great, quirky personality. I really miss the interactions with Bentley 32 (or was it 23) and Valeria.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    I hope the Future Foundation kids get folded back into the main book... or at least some of them. I’m sure Artie and Leech would go to Krakoa. Alex and Julie would be in the new Power Pack book. I doubt Rikki will be there... Dragon Man, the moloids, uhari, Onome, Bentley-23, and Lyja should all be able to integrate into the main book though.. Heck, have Lyja and Sky meet.
    The Future Foundation is a great idea and one which should be close knit to the Fantastic Four. I can see the Power Pack kids going home and Artie and Leech going to the X books, but I'd rather they didn't. I still want Rikki and Franklin to meet. After all, he created her and that's got to be a weird relationship. Plus she'd be liable to be the one to tell him to "cut the crap"about his teenage angst.

And my feelings about Lyja are well-known.

The expansion of the family via the Future Foundation was brilliant and one of the best aspects of Hickman's run. He managed to find a way to expand the team without compromising the fact it's called Fantastic Four. They should 100% come back (preferably without Lyja) and I hope the F4 expand even more with a new adult team with a different initiative and new characters.

If Slott is going to be on the book for a long time I hope he gives Sue to another writer on another book. I can't take any more years of her being underutilized and treated as wallpaper.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Delete post (wrong thread)
    Last edited by Crimz; 09-06-2020 at 02:12 AM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

So I finished reading Empyre and I 100% agree it was an Avengers story with the FF as guest stars. The problem with team team-ups is that similar character types rarely get a chance to combine their abilities and often fall into power measuring contests. I don't know if I dislike it for the FF's lack of importance to the plot, but it seems to be a sign that Ewing and Slott may not have been 50/50 in deciding character development.

As to the results, FF Aftermath comes out Wednesday and I expect the Profiteer to be pissed from Empyre 0's (FF) events. But I love the kids. They would be great Future Foundation additions with their programmed histories of Kree and Skrull battles. The mix of science and kids is one which screams being used in a book for kids. Future Foundation can certainly get by as an all ages book and be another example of Marvel's quest to get a youth market.

Spectacular Member markhyperion's Avatar

Aftermath was anticlimactic. The one thing that happened was predicted ages ago.

Not sure who hooded guy in background is. Looked like Antithesis or whatever from the mini.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by markhyperion View Post
    Aftermath was anticlimactic. The one thing that happened was predicted ages ago.

Not sure who hooded guy in background is. Looked like Antithesis or whatever from the mini.
    It’s orginal Nick Fury. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    It’s orginal Nick Fury. Seriously.
    Nick stole Ben and Johnny's strip in Strange Tales and they must have their revenge! Personally, since it led to Steranko, I am very cool with it, but Ben and Johnny may not be.

For some lesser known FF fun, read the new Marvel Zombies Resurrection. Its FF heavy (but not in a good way). Spidey is taking care of Frank and Val since FF are evil.

More deadites than Zombies. Or Cancerverse kinda thing.

Quote Originally Posted by markhyperion View Post

Yeah, we saw Nicki and Jo Grimm coming a mile off.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

I hate having to avoid this thread throughout Empyre because of no new comics at my LCS until I finally gave in and bought the main, Avengers and FF titles on digital and read them in one sitting on Wednesday. I never had the impression that an FF member would kick the bucket (correction: original FF member). So while the FF's role was smaller than that of the Avengers, I can't say that they weren't indispensable. Johnny, Carol and Kl'rt in the same room gave me flashbacks of that classic two-parter Marvel Team-Up where Johnny and Peter team up against Super-Skrull, and in the next issue it was Carol's turn to team up with Peter. And it was cool for her to remember Johnny's stint in the Avengers.

Speaking of the Future Foundation, I re-read the last issue, and I can't recall if the beach they ended up is in Earth-616 or another Earth, can anyone confirm? At any rate, I hope at the very least they will appear even if just in a backup story.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

While it is true that Artie and Leech are in Krakoa, I don't think that means they can't be in the book. Franklin's kind of in Krakoa a lot nowadays as well. And it's not like they appear there very often in the X-books. To be honest, Artie and Leech have been more FF characters than X-characters for quite a few years now. Pretty sure they spent more time in universe in the Foundation than in Xavier's. I just wish if they came back they would get more characterization, besides being Franklin's pals.

The Kree boy is hilarious in how bold and combative he is. He would make for a great addition to the Foundation books.

Quote Originally Posted by President Togekiss View Post
    While it is true that Artie and Leech are in Krakoa, I don't think that means they can't be in the book. Franklin's kind of in Krakoa a lot nowadays as well. And it's not like they appear there very often in the X-books. To be honest, Artie and Leech have been more FF characters than X-characters for quite a few years now. Pretty sure they spent more time in universe in the Foundation than in Xavier's. I just wish if they came back they would get more characterization, besides being Franklin's pals.
    Considering Leech's whole powerset is to strip other mutants of their powers, i'm surprised they let him anywhere near Krakoa. He should probably be seen as a threat to their superiority and killed off. At least Scarlet Witch had to jump through some hoops to do it... Leech just DOES it...

Seriously even back in the GenX days we used to joke that the most powerful mutant around was Leech with a Shotgun. Apocalypse wouldn't stand a chance ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Johnny, Carol and Kl'rt in the same room gave me flashbacks of that classic two-parter Marvel Team-Up where Johnny and Peter team up against Super-Skrull, and in the next issue it was Carol's turn to team up with Peter. And it was cool for her to remember Johnny's stint in the Avengers.
    Super Skrulls role in this was only thing interesting. I know in Annhilation he had a heroic role, but he seemed to look at FF with reverence and respect.

It would be interesting if he took a spot on main title like someone say Vernard during Defalco run. Won't happen but I enjoyed his character