Page 93 of 117 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 1744

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    FF Grand Design was just bad fan fiction that should be ignored. Reading it was a waste of my time and money.
    Yeah.

Expectation: An abridged retelling of major events in the team's history, like X-Men Grand Design.

What we actually got: A story that diverged away from canon in all the wrong ways.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

FF Grand Design was just bad fan fiction that should be ignored. Reading it was a waste of my time and money.
    Thanks for the response i have read through classic FF but have read most stuff since the 90s and a bit of back issues and i've never heard anything about an actual affair with Namor/Sue so it was like wtf is going on. Definitely bad fan fiction and the worse kind at that because anyone getting these grand designs would think it's suppose to be an actual modern "handbook" for the team history.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

It's always fun seeing Jen with the FF .

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Waited a bit to post here but I still remember my impressions of #25.

• Fantastix (or FX as I'll shortcut them): When are they going to be officially affiliated with the F4.
    • "No More Secrets": I swear Reed had promised this to Sue more than once in the past. Dare we believe this will be the absolute last secret, or wait until the next writer reveals a new one. At any rate Marvel has an article of Reed's greatest secrets here.
    • Victorious and Johnny: The solicit said her presence in NY will affect him, but did I overlook it because it wasn't obvious to me. Aside from him reacting to her saying that it was hardly worth her and Doom's time to look for the FX they didn't interact. No callback to their first meeting.
    • Old flame: Frankie was my first guess, Lyja was second. I agree with Keyoftheseasons here.
    • Sky: Why is she absent?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's always fun seeing Jen with the FF .
    Agreed!
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Man, I remember someone here praising it saying it was as good as the X-Men one but when I tried to read it, I actually got sick.

Who thought that book was a good idea?
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    • Sky: Why is she absent?
    Sky doesn't live at 4 Yancy Street - she took over Alicia's old apartment. So presumably she was just there and completely unaware of what was going on with the team.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    So presumably she was just there and completely unaware of what was going on with the team.
    I was hoping that, in the words of Ben, this being an "all hands on deck" situation, Reed would at least have called her for some other capacity so she can make an on-panel appearance.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

... say, what happened when Iceman got to be on the team for a minute?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Waited a bit to post here but I still remember my impressions of #25.

• "No More Secrets": I swear Reed had promised this to Sue more than once in the past. Dare we believe this will be the absolute last secret, or wait until the next writer reveals a new one. At any rate Marvel has an article of Reed's greatest secrets here.

Honestly, this barely even rated as a 'Secret'. The impression I have is that it was something he had in the basement that he couldn't crack and forgot about it. It's been almost 20 years and he's had TONS of bigger things than whatever that was on his mind. He tossed it to the side, contained it, considered his job done and never thought about it again. i'm sure he has a TON of misplaced doomsday machines floating around that he doesn't think about

Till someone else mentioned it. Maybe he should have told everyone about it years and years back... but only maybe. Back then Johnny or Ben would have started playing with it the moment he told them not to and turned his back... But either way that's an old sin and nothing compared to her current spy missions or illumanati or the rest.

edited post.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Honestly, this barely even rated as a 'Secret'. The impression I have is that it was something he had in the basement that he couldn't crack and forgot about it. It's been almost 20 years and he's had TONS of bigger things than whatever that was on his mind. He tossed it to the side, contained it, considered his job done and never thought about it again. i'm sure he has a TON of misplaced doomsday machines floating around that he doesn't think about

Till someone else mentioned it. Maybe he should have told everyone about it years and years back... but only maybe. Back then Johnny or Ben would have started playing with it the moment he told them not to and turned his back... But either way that's an old sin and nothing compared to her current spy missions or illumanati or the rest.
    It's eminently possible Reed does tell everyone about every scientific whatever he deals with but they all tend to blend into a textbook grey and don't matter until a comic book writer finds some cool use for them.

Astonishing Member

I read Fantastic Four#25 and Fantastic Four Anithesis#3 recently.
    And talk about some very well illustrated FF stories!
    FF#25 was interesting,i am looking forward to read the next issues.
    FF:Antithesis#3 was a awesome third chapter in this limited series,i am quite intrigued to read the conclusion in the next issue.

Quote Originally Posted by comicscollector View Post
    I read Fantastic Four#25 and Fantastic Four Anithesis#3 recently.
    And talk about some very well illustrated FF stories!
    FF#25 was interesting,i am looking forward to read the next issues.
    FF:Antithesis#3 was a awesome third chapter in this limited series,i am quite intrigued to read the conclusion in the next issue.
    FF 670 (yes, I will maintain only using legacy numbering because I'm just too old-school) has gotten many good comments here. As for Antithesis, it's a fun story where we get to see the FF done by Neal Adams. The presence of so many other FF stories coming out now is good for the franchise and allows people to try out the team if they haven't already.

This’d be perfect if Ben were smiling!