Page 94 of 117 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 1744
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    ... say, what happened when Iceman got to be on the team for a minute?
    Jean laughed at Iceman getting his ass kicked in the Danger Room and he left. Johnny had one of his hissy fits with Ben again and left. Bobby saw the remaining FF fighting some villains and helped them until Johnny came back. The art for the flashback scenes was pretty good.
    "Cable was right!"

Seen this topic on the X-boards:

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...t-the-F4/page2

I'm personally a fan of the FF having the same base scheme (classic blue) but with their own spin on it. Like Sue would go sleeveless or something and Johnny would have a more casual look with a jacket.
    Something to bring out their individuality a bit more. Ben already kind of has this as he's always shirtless or in a tank top version of the uniform.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post

I'm personally a fan of the FF having the same base scheme (classic blue) but with their own spin on it. Like Sue would go sleeveless or something and Johnny would have a more casual look with a jacket.
    Something to bring out their individuality a bit more. Ben already kind of has this as he's always shirtless or in a tank top version of the uniform.

I can understand it. I prefer the FF to have the same costume.... 'like a team'. You don't go to a ball game and expect everyone to have their own unique jersey... they all wear the same uniform.

The X-men were never 'really' a team. They were a group of individuals all fighting for the same ideals. At any given time the team roster changes completely and people come and go as they feel. Pretty much the same as the Avengers.

The FF started as a specific team and pretty much stay that way.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I can understand it. I prefer the FF to have the same costume.... 'like a team'. You don't go to a ball game and expect everyone to have their own unique jersey... they all wear the same uniform.

The X-men were never 'really' a team. They were a group of individuals all fighting for the same ideals. At any given time the team roster changes completely and people come and go as they feel. Pretty much the same as the Avengers.

I agree, I just think that they can change it up sometimes so that their uniform is bit more unique to them. Not completely unique like most X-teams and the Avengers, but with each members personalized spin on the uniform. A good example of what I meant is in X-boards thread:

They all have the same scheme and look like a team, but each member has their own unique spin on it. That's what I want the FF to have for a run or two.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post

The Avengers were a grouping of various characters with solo books who were placed on a team. The X-Men, like the Fantastic Four, were created specifically to be part of a team. Rosters changing doesn't make them any less of a team. That happens in real life too. "A group of individuals fight for the same ideals" is exactly what a team is.

Actually, Thor was the only one with a solo book at the time, as he'd completely taken over Journey Into Mystery. Hulk's book was cancelled. The others appeared in Tales of Suspense (Iron Man) and Tales to Astonish (Ant-Man, Wasp).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post

I do like the FF having the same (or very similar) uniforms. The variety between members started way back around the time of Sue's first pregnancy when she had a slightly different design (but same color scheme). Ben's drifted over the years and the Torch's Red suit back when Medusa joined the team was a nice touch. Luke wore his trademark yellow silk shirt while She Hulk had her own design but definitely an FF uniform.

To be brutally honest, a few of the FF uniforms have had some variety from other FF designs, but generlally they've been a format of the basic original blue jumpsuits. I'd probably write a scene where Johnny could only find an old red top to fight in and he'd stick out from the other members in a fight as Sue gave him more heck than the team is giving who they're fighting against. Member variance is good, but with the same basic design.

As Ralph Waldo Emerson said, "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines. With consistency a great soul has simply nothing to do. He may as well concern himself with his shadow on the wall. Speak what you think now in hard words, and to-morrow speak what to-morrow thinks in hard words again, though it contradict every thing you said to-day. — 'Ah, so you shall be sure to be misunderstood.' — Is it so bad, then, to be misunderstood? Pythagoras was misunderstood, and Socrates, and Jesus, and Luther, and Copernicus, and Galileo, and Newton, and every pure and wise spirit that ever took flesh. To be great is to be misunderstood.".

I was going to post some of this; I remember Sue's mini-skirt, circa 1969, the first time i subscribed to the Fantastic Four as a kid.

Torch and Medusa 'variations' around that era when she was in. Crystal's team outfit was also a slight variation, both of her runs with the FF.

Spidey is possibly the only FF 'member' who both wore his own costume *and* a FF team/variation outfit.

Frankie, Nova, was an unofficial FF member and did not wear a variation.
    As far as my least favorite 'team' outfit, that would be

the red ones from a few years ago. I mostly like the basic blue, the inverted basic from Byrne's era and somewhat after and I rather like

the white Foundation-era costumes too.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Mighty Member

Preview time!

Mighty Member

Mighty Member

You know how I always liken this run to a crappy sitcom?

Well, I'll have you know that it has graduated from crappy sitcom to so pathetic sitcom so crappy that Disney Channel would reject this pitch.

This only further hammers my point about how Val is a garbage character in this run. She's developed from her sociopathic hero days, but all that happened off page, so we don't have an emotional connection to Val. Judging her by the merits of being a new character under this reasoning, I can perfectly say she failed in this run completely. The only thing that keeps her from fading into oblivion is her bloodline. She doesn't even have a cast of friends like Riri or Nadia to keep her interesting. Of the current young geniuses, Val is the least interesting of them all. Riri had a rough start and became better. Val had a good start and depreciated like the value of a car.

The various teen geniuses need to meet. Val's only met Moon Girl - who would dispute that smartest girl in the universe claim. Val's never met Riri or Nadia - or, in fact, ANY of the Champions? Has she even met Amadeus Cho? They could have an engineering competition to see just who really is the smartest (which of course would probably end inconclusively).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Looks like Franklin might try to find a universe where he can recharge his powers, you think?
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES