Page 8 of 149 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    lol he isn’t at official on Marvel.

“MY take on it became, what would actual kids from our current time be like if they were X-Men sidekicks? What would Gen Z X-Men be like?”

I don’t think they’re literally speaking to who they are, otherwise they would be from our time ala Gwenpool.
    they are in universe and mutants.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Cyclops’ #1 Fan or Cyclops’ #1 Daughter?

She looks like short-haired Carol doing Scott cosplay, lol.

BANNED

I want to see them acknowledge the revolutionary Cyclops as the inspiration for that girl to idolize him. Not sure if they'd have the guts to do so, but God, that would be PERFECT.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    I want to see them acknowledge the revolutionary Cyclops as the inspiration for that girl to idolize him. Not sure if they'd have the guts to do so, but God, that would be PERFECT.
    I do find it funny that the x-men with free hair have sidekicks who cover their heads, while Scott has a sidekick who doesn't.

Despite all of the people calling these characters merely the latest group, being referred to as a sidekick has specific connotations that most previous classes don't meet. There needs to be a specific one on one, single mentor to single student relationship that is rarely present with x-kids. Wolverine has done it with a few characters, but I'm not sure if any other X-Men has besides him. Pixie came close to being a sidekick to Dazzler (despite wanting to be that and likely more to Cyclops) but that is really all I can think of.
    Dark does not mean deep.

First generation of chimera’s

Mighty Member

Was excited when I saw the news--- for all of 5 seconds. Then I scratched my head. Then I sighed.

Well, at least no one can ruin Ruby Summers if nobody's writing her...

On a slightly more positive note, is ChickClops wearing Cyke's P5 visor?

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Prolly the only thing that'd get me excited about the book. I don't know. I just don't see these characters keeping my interest longer than a mini. Hoping for the best, but marketing them as "X-Kids from our current timeline become sidekicks that look up to the X-MEN!!!!" sounds all sorts of strange to me.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

When i saw it right away i said woot Ruby Summers then i read the file lol. So disappointed

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by bell View Post
    When i saw it right away i said woot Ruby Summers then i read the file lol. So disappointed
    You and me, both. Back to the cave for me.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Quote Originally Posted by bell View Post
    If these characters are truly sidekicks then we should be seeing the mentors in this title as well (or these new people in the same title as the mentors) otherwise nothing really distinguishes them from any other new class of students. Hopefully that means a little more Scott on panel.
    Dark does not mean deep.

If they where just regular cosplay if mutants then why would they have the same powers as the older x-men it doesn’t make since for them not to be chimeras and sinister is a chimera the first one so it’s already canon

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    If they where just regular cosplay if mutants then why would they have the same powers as the older x-men it doesn’t make since for them not to be chimeras and sinister is a chimera the first one so it’s already canon
    Comic logic is often dodgy - while they might be chimeras (or only one or two might be) nothing says that they must be either. Or that one might be but doesn't know it yet.....dun dun duunnnn!
    Dark does not mean deep.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    If these characters are truly sidekicks then we should be seeing the mentors in this title as well (or these new people in the same title as the mentors) otherwise nothing really distinguishes them from any other new class of students. Hopefully that means a little more Scott on panel.
    My favorite mentee of Cyclops was Surge. Maybe this cosplayer will be great, though? I just feel incredibly conflicted by them.
    Let your wallet talk.

Nothing really interesting in today's X-men Monday, but they confirmed that Cyclops was supposed to be in the council until they came up with the idea of the captains. And I have to say that I like him as a captain more than as one of the council

I'm excited about Children of the Atom. Cyclops is bound to appear if the SidekickClops is a feature and after all the Summers kids being similar to Jean I'd love to see him bond with someone who has similar powers and maybe even control issues. Vita is a really good writer too!

Mighty Member

https://www.adventuresinpoortaste.co...-44-x-leaders/
    Quote Originally Posted by AIPT
    We know very little about Children of the Atom, but based on this cover, I think it’s safe to say… Cyclops loves everything about it.
    Read the interview and the same thought as when the book was announced struck me: is this Scott and Emma's kid from the Dawn of X future? If it is, this is probably the closest to getting Ruby Summers I'll ever get--- even she isn't Ruby.
    Let your wallet talk.