Page 3 of 149 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    We need a meeting of commanders issue.
    Giant Size issue with the four Captains kicking ass.

Just give it to us, Hickman.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PlacidMule View Post
    Thanks, very weird they would put in this collection most wouldn’t pay attention too.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Giant Size issue with the four Captains kicking ass.

Just give it to us, Hickman.
    Urrgggghh... when will we get Magik and Cyke fighting back-to-back again? This bromance needs to return.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I feel like Scott is one of those few characters with a sure place on the MCU but...
    Who would be your ideal Cyclops for the MCU?
    what do you want/expect from him there?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I feel like Scott is one of those few characters with a sure place on the MCU but...
    Who would be your ideal Cyclops for the MCU?
    what do you want/expect from him there?
    Ideally? Bring Marsden back (and Famke as Jean, too). I'd like to see them as veteran, "elder statesmen" X-Men, leading and training teams of younger mutants. Preferably married with a teenage daughter named Rachel. The Fox movies already did the Jean/Scott/Logan triangle, the Phoenix cycle (albeit badly), and young Jott. Other than a Phoenix Saga prequel in a decade or so, I have zero interest in seeing the MCU versions of these arcs.

In addition, I'd like to see Scott in a kind of "mutant Nick Fury" role, being the strategic general figure who directs and coordinates the X-Men's actions. Be conservative in sending him into combat so that, when he does, the audience knows **** is getting real. It's a super-badass moment that's built up to and dramatically earned.

My expectation, though, is that Marvel Studios will go the Spider-Man route and reboot the X-Men as teenagers.

I would like more an already veteran and adult Scott (30 years or so) than a teenager.

For the rest, I'm willing to be surprised by Marvel, I think all of their casts have been very good. I wouldn't even mind a Scott of another ethnicity if he's a good actor.

I wouldn't want the previous actors back as they had little chemistry with each other. I want Scott's actor to be able.to emote with his eyes covered, to have onscreen romantic chemistry with whoever is playing Jean, and to be credible at selling action scenes. Everything else about them is negotiable, including race and gender.

I want the character to be considered a major threat by the bad guys, or to quickly establish himself as one if he gets dismissed. And to show that he is capable and not tell. I want to be able to buy into him as a rival to Wolverine if they go that route.

You know what might be cool for casting and James Marsden? Have him play Corsair. A nod to the old role while still leaving room for something new.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Unpopular opinion but Marsden wasnt really a good Scott. Writing may have played a big part of that but he didnt leave much of an impression in the role and he is way too old to be stepping into the role now. Scott needs longevity and you are gonna find that with an actor thats mid to late 20s to start

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Unpopular opinion but Marsden wasnt really a good Scott. Writing may have played a big part of that but he didnt leave much of an impression in the role and he is way too old to be stepping into the role now. Scott needs longevity and you are gonna find that with an actor thats mid to late 20s to start
    I agree. I liked Marsden, considering what he had to work with but time to move on.

Spectacular Member

Though I didn't mind Marsden in the role when X-Men first came out I feel that now he is too old and they need a younger actor. Whoever they get to play him needs to look the same age as Wanda, who I believe would be around 24 in the MCU. This would also allow characters like Prof X. and Magneto to be filled by actors in their 40's. Most of the X-Men should range from 24 to 18. That way they are considered legal adults and would have just begun showing their powers in the MCU. Make them to old and it becomes harder to explain how so many were never seen before their initial appearance.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    Ideally? Bring Marsden back (and Famke as Jean, too). I'd like to see them as veteran, "elder statesmen" X-Men, leading and training teams of younger mutants. Preferably married with a teenage daughter named Rachel. The Fox movies already did the Jean/Scott/Logan triangle, the Phoenix cycle (albeit badly), and young Jott. Other than a Phoenix Saga prequel in a decade or so, I have zero interest in seeing the MCU versions of these arcs.

In addition, I'd like to see Scott in a kind of "mutant Nick Fury" role, being the strategic general figure who directs and coordinates the X-Men's actions. Be conservative in sending him into combat so that, when he does, the audience knows **** is getting real. It's a super-badass moment that's built up to and dramatically earned.

My expectation, though, is that Marvel Studios will go the Spider-Man route and reboot the X-Men as teenagers.
    I just wanna see a satisfying "mega optic blast" moment on-screen. I'd love to see a moment where Cyke walks in, takes off his visor, and just obliterates an entire army (sort-of like Hulk's "I'm always angry" segment from the first avengers movie), but I'd settle for a beacon-scene a la Whedon's run, too.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Hmmm so I gotta say it's a little odd seeing the Cyclops thread off the 1st page, its been happening more and more lately. Makes me wonder why? Have the more passionate Cyclops fans moved on from CBR? Is it that we've grown complacent because because things are pretty good for him at the moment? Are people just waiting for the other shoe to drop? I'm curious what people think.

Fantastic Member Legaldrugdealer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    Hmmm so I gotta say it's a little odd seeing the Cyclops thread off the 1st page, its been happening more and more lately. Makes me wonder why? Have the more passionate Cyclops fans moved on from CBR? Is it that we've grown complacent because because things are pretty good for him at the moment? Are people just waiting for the other shoe to drop? I'm curious what people think.
    Probably a little of everything. And considering he only shows up in x-men and the delays don't help probably

Mighty Member

Nothing much to discuss, either. Between appearing in only 1 book, and being pretty much a wallflower in said book, added on top of Hickman sweeping all the previous crap under the rug...

I'd love for things to pick up, really. But these one-and-dones to setup plot points for the other books need to stop.
    Let your wallet talk.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Honestly? I think most of us just aren't that stoked on Krakoa. The whole Douchier-Utopia-but-we're-pretending-otherwise-for-reasons-we-can't-talk-about-and-besides-we've-got-all-the-FAQs-and-cheat-codes-available-anyway angle is just... basically the exact opposite of what Cyclops has always been about.

On a more timely note, having just read X-Men #4, I'm almost glad Cyke is just kinda there doing his job instead of huffing and puffing.