Page 120 of 149 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 2233

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Isn't that from when they first found Summoner and cable accidentally tried to blow him up with grenade?
    Yes, this is a panel from X-men 2

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsinspace View Post

It is known.
    Most of Scott's problems happened due to Mad Scientists and Aliens...huh.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Man, I really want to read your story Ra-El.
    Thank you man. I wish I had the skill to write it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Thank you man. I wish I had the skill to write it.
    I'd read that Cyclops solo.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I think what Scott needs for an enemy is an evil leader type who comes across as a twisted reflection.

People follow Scott because his plans work and he is often right there putting himself at risk. When things go wrong, the first person he normally blames is himself. Someone who gets people to follow him against their will, and who blames everyone else when things go South would be great
    - I hate to give the man (Bendis) too much credit, but Xavier Jr had the elements of being an epic adversary. Besides the previously mentioned qualities, he was born from one of Scott's lowest points (losing control and going Dark Phoenix), was the natural born son of the man who was essentially Scott's adoptive father, yet cared nothing for what Charles stood for whereas Scott was still a believer even when those closest to Charles considered him a pariah.
    Wouldn't that be essentially a repeat of the 2010s, though? Marvel, Wolverine, Marvel, Beast, Marvel, Storm, Marvel, Captain America, take your pick, really.

Anyway. Last week's issue of Cable had some of the worst Cyclops dialogue in ages. "Noodling" and "'cause" in the same freakin' issue? This relaunch killing me, lol.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Wouldn't that be essentially a repeat of the 2010s, though? Marvel, Wolverine, Marvel, Beast, Marvel, Storm, Marvel, Captain America, take your pick, really.

Anyway. Last week's issue of Cable had some of the worst Cyclops dialogue in ages. "Noodling" and "'cause" in the same freakin' issue? This relaunch killing me, lol.
    At this point you're really just nitpicking lol

Mighty Member

"Best of Cyke since relaunch" because he's mostly been a non-entity?

Anyways.

Just watched the Made in Abyss: Dawn of the Deep Soul movie and I'm like... hori shito, I just found Mr. Sinister in the antagonist, Bondrewd the Novel. At some while watching, I had this image of VoidClops in the shoes of one of the protagonists as he went blow-for-blow against Bondrewd. Chills, I tell ye! I was shivering even at room temperature!

Oh, Marvel~~ you could be so much better!
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

It's a pretty broad description he is reacting to, but if I was to compare Cyclops to actual US military leaders, I'd pick Patton (innovative, but flawed character) and Spruance (who never gets much credit in popular culture despite winning the most pivotal battle in the Pacific - that's right, it was Spruance who was in command at Midway).
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Most of Scott's problems happened due to Mad Scientists and Aliens...huh.
    True. I guess you could also add a third one in there.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I guess my issue is we don't see it. Other characters might have superior powers, but if the situation calls for close quarters, Cyke should be doing more than blasting-in-place.

Plus, with everything implied about his powers, he should've moved up a little in the stats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    I think the inter-dimension route is silly and nonsensical even for comic book standards.
    I can't say that i'm a fan of the inter-dimensional idea, but I do enjoy this shout out (or is it lookout?):

And yes, the punch dimension is canon.

If you can think of one time in X-Men history during which Cyke used the word 'noodling' as a metaphor for battle plans, I will respectfully take it back.

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    "Best of Cyke since relaunch" because he's mostly been a non-entity?
    Not so much a case of non-entity, but rather a case of non-established-personality. He's basically the anti-Cyclops.

I mean, family before duty? Yeah, that totally sounds like Cyclops, lol. Totally.

I mean, family before duty? Yeah, that totally sounds like Cyclops, lol. Totally.
    Its unusual, but not unknown. He was willing to help Cable against Brand during the Revolutionary era, and Brand was his only reliable ally that wasn't already on his team. It goes all the way back to when he stayed with a recuperating Maddie over rushing to aid the rest of the team during the Claremont era - despite Xavier going full abusive father on him over it.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Its unusual, but not unknown. He was willing to help Cable against Brand during the Revolutionary era, and Brand was his only reliable ally that wasn't already on his team. It goes all the way back to when he stayed with a recuperating Maddie over rushing to aid the rest of the team during the Claremont era - despite Xavier going full abusive father on him over it.
    My point exactly. The unusual has become the norm.

It's weird. Feels like watching FractionClops on happy pills.

My point exactly. The unusual has become the norm.

It's weird. Feels like watching FractionClops on happy pills.
    What will Scott do when he realizes that Xavier has been spiking his food?

Joking aside, I enjoy seeing Scott with his family, you know, when we see them. I’ll let it go eventually, maybe.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    What will Scott do when he realizes that Xavier has been spiking his food? Joking aside, I enjoy seeing Scott with his family, you know, when we see them. I’ll let it go eventually, maybe.
    [Insert joke about Scott and Jean disowning their sort of redheaded stepchild from another timeline]