Page 133 of 149 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 2233
    Spectacular Member Ruby Quartz Diamond's Avatar

Just wanted to drop in this thread to say I was pissed off by Claremont's recent disparaging comments about Cyclops. From my brief stint as a hardcore Cyke fan, I could tell a lot of comic book writers dislike Cyclops and it showed heavily in their writing. It was enough that the FOX X-Men movies have not only neglected Cyke as a character but also heavily downplayed his role in the comics and as the leader of the X-Men (and by extension the mutant revolution) for almost 20 years that the franchise had been active, but I digress.

I also want to clarify that I don't read that many X-Men comics and I distanced myself from them after the abomination I read that was Bendis' All-New X-Men where every character in that run (except for Havok) has a hate boner for Cyke. So, I don't want to take a chance in other X-Men runs where the writer's hate for Cyke bled through their writing.

All I know that Claremont was the one who came up with Madelyne Pryor and he married her off to Cyke and they had Cable together. Madelyne turned out to be a clone of Jean Grey and I don't know if Cyke found out about that within Claremont's run. But I do know that Cyke left Maddie in X-Factor which was not written by Claremont. So Claremont "bore a grudge" at Cyke for walking out on his wife and son after finding out that his wife wasn't Jean (or because she's Jean's clone, idk) and Wolvie is regarded cooler in that regard because he wouldnt do that if he were in Cyke's shoes and that he'd "kill but for the right reasons". So idk who was the person he was implying that Wolvie would kill and how it'd make him "cooler" but anyway, Claremont himself threw Cyke into the backburner once he married Cyke off. And idk why Claremont equated marriage with a happy ending when it is anything but that in the superhero world and in real life as well.

There are so many things I want to say but I feel that I would just be echoing what had already been addressed in this thread. And I have limited knowledge about Cyke and X-Men in general but I am angry at the whole 'ohh Wolverine wouldn't do that' response when Wolvie had not been the best role model in the X-Men universe as well.
    Last edited by Ruby Quartz Diamond; 11-21-2020 at 02:29 AM.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    If he had any intention of picking it up later, I'd lean toward accidentally genius. The fact that he considered it a "happy ending" despite all the red flags that you and almost everyone else in the thread have noted and had no plans to bring him back puts me on the "poor" side.
    Yeah, again is clear to me that he saw Vertigo (hence she's named Madelyne, and in love with Scott) and misunderstood the point entirely. Like one of those people that sees The Godfather and thinks "Wow, being a mobster is awesome!".

BANNED

Forgive me for this FOX UNIVERSE digression...

Cyclops removing his gloves before blasting the door in X1, as well as other details, suggested me a great theory.

I think that the X-Men had disbanded some years before the events of "X-Men" (in my scenario, the first movie is set in 1999).

In "The Last Stand", Beast claims that his uniform is a previous model and belongs to a previous generation (one which included Scott, Ororo and Jean). This would explain why Beast's X3 uniform doesn't look like the "rudimentary" suits that Scott, Ororo, Jean and Logan wore in X1 at all.

Basically, the X-Men had disbanded some years before 1999, and their more sophisticated uniforms were damaged and/or lost. So, when Magneto resurfaces in 1999, they adopt their early prototype suits, designed at the beginning of their career as X-Men.
    That would explain why Cyclops finds his gloves unconfortable when he must carefully tweak his visor regulators. And surely Toad's tongue had left some residual "slimey" saliva on the right glove, that's why Scott removed it before blasting the metal door off.

They will change uniforms in X2 and X3.

Could the next Deadpool movie be the way to introduce the Summers family to the MCU ?

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I mean the summers weren't in the first two aside from the cameo by the Dark Phoenix cast

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    Could the next Deadpool movie be the way to introduce the Summers family to the MCU ?
    Sure, it's possible.

Great family tree of the Summer family

Quote Originally Posted by keeper444 View Post
    Great family tree of the Summer family
    Thank you so much

Claremont has had a tantrum over 30 years with having his CyclopsXMaddie screwed up, and he proved it with that absurd story in Extermination.

Amazing Member

People really zone in on Scott and Maddie, and Claremont talks about how that story ruined Scott as a hero, but no one talks about Xavier in Uncanny X-Men #161 or his acts in X-Men and the Micronauts, all under Claremont's pen.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyked View Post
    People really zone in on Scott and Maddie, and Claremont talks about how that story ruined Scott as a hero, but no one talks about Xavier in Uncanny X-Men #161 or his acts in X-Men and the Micronauts, all under Claremont's pen.
    Every comic book character has done something that disqualifies them from being heroes if you look at it. Everybody. Spider-man hit MJ while she was pregnant.

The only difference is how much you hate them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyked View Post
    If I can hazard a guess, people were surprised by Scott’s behaviour, they weren’t surprised by Xavier’s behaviour. (I don’t know what you mean by Uncanny X-Men #161.)
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    If I can hazard a guess, people were surprised by Scott’s behaviour, they weren’t surprised by Xavier’s behaviour. (I don’t know what you mean by Uncanny X-Men #161.)
    In that comic is when it is related how Xavier got Legion's mother pregnant (of whom he was a therapist. And she behaved like a confused teenager) and then abandoned her.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    In that comic is when it is related how Xavier got Legion's mother pregnant (of whom he was a therapist. And she behaved like a confused teenager) and then abandoned her.
    You’re right, the breach in the Code of Ethics…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe