Page 38 of 149 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888138 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsinspace View Post
    It wasn't a trial. None of them got a trial. The QC was there to determine what to do with the mutants who aren't able to completely, peacefully be around the other mutants on the island.
    They didn't just "side with Logan" you forget there was an entire team there, one of which was Kurt who's on the council.
    There was no book throwing either. The QC didn't know what to do with the group of mutants, they weren't being judged, they weren't being tried, they were there to determine how best to handle them. Magneto even says it is their job to make a place for them.

As for Alex, look at his face, the way he's reacting. He feels remorseful, he even tells Scott that it's ok.
    After Jean tells Scott what Alex did and almost could have done, Scott asks him what are they talking about and Alex explains that he doesn't remember and that he thinks his head is messed up.
    It is *Nightcrawler* who tells Scott that Alex was going to kill the humans, that he was only stopped by Logan. So no, they are not taking Logan's word, they're taking Kurt's. Who again is a member of the council and was there.

After Sinister gives his proposal, Scott tells the council they can't be serious to actually consider it. Alex puts his hand on Scott's shoulder and tells him that he has to relax.

Jean tells Scott that his objections are heard but that the QC will decide how to proceed and Storm tells him to leave. We don't see a vote, we don't know how any of them voted.

What we do know is that Sinister gets his team and Alex is on it. That's it. Everything else is atrocious levels of conjecture and projecting.
    When i said they side with Logan i was talking about the mind control, as for the Alex part he said it during the meeting and no one bother to pay attention to it. In a way not even Scott he just wanted Alex out of there.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    They are trying and their idea is actually not a bad, a program to help those mutants that basically can't control their worst sides (all the Hellions are unstable or unwilling to cooperate in general), the problem is, as i said is that they are putting a huge monster in charge of the process and yes i do think that Scott has every right to be angry for that decision. I just disagreed with the idea that Logan needed a trial because doing something is literally not his fault. I do expect a fallout for this disaster for their sloppy solution thought.
    If you going to make everyone that shows a violence nature then yes Logan and his kids should also go to rehab and many others. Here is where i question QC especially the way the situation was handled. None of the members seem like they wanted to be there or cared about it. They just wanted a problem to go away.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post

If Scott was supposed to be in charge of the group, then I would completely agree in that she acted out of line and disrespectful. Then again, I'm not sure if he was supposed to be in charge. What she did was rude, but Emma tends to make comments like that so it isn't that odd. Also her plan led to terrible consequences in all fairness.

As for Jean and Storm, the reaction is mostly negative because of the consequences that came after their interaction with Scott. The council seems flawed, and their participation in it makes them look slightly bad. I think it was mentioned before, but they are basically politicians now; and politicians tend to be viewed negatively as well as other sources of authority. If Scott was in their role he'd be getting quite a few negative comments.
    Of course he was in comannd, he is the captain commander.
    I know very well how Emma acts, but she used to respect Scott leaderships. She shouldn't get a pass because she act like this. it still is awful

Every form of government is flawed, there isn't perfection. No one knows on what was the decision of Jean and ororo, quiet council was the authority and Scott should respect them.

Quote Originally Posted by bell View Post
    You really need to stop with the hate on Emma because in my post I am talking about how this is not to be emasculating Scott and defending all 3 ladies in their own way. Emma conversation vs Jean and Storm are different but if you want to play why not I will bite.

One Emma is never nice not even to Scott. Is her personality.

Jean and Storm didn't bother to look at Alex the qc consider them guilty. Jean didn't even bother or try to figure out why Alex didn't remember anything. She side with Sinister of all ppl. So is okay to take Alex to the place that cause him so much pain whith the perso responsible for it. Nice Storm and Jean at this point only need to be in a book to make Logan big lol cus i see nothing good with her character. She die how many times again? Lol that was for Logan to cry lol.

As for Emma she is doing her own thing and can Stan in the same level as most A lister x men.
    basically what I said, that Emma has green light to be a a-hole

But if Storm and jean assert theirselves, they are bad.

If you going to make everyone that shows a violence nature then yes Logan and his kids should also go to rehab and many others. Here is where i question QC especially the way the situation was handled. None of the members seem like they wanted to be there or cared about it. They just wanted a problem to go away.
    Logan is usually pretty capable and controlling himself and had been following the law of Krakoa to a T (except when he is in X-Force operations because the group is technically allow to break those rules), he doesn't need rehab because he isn't guilty of the many things that many of the Hellions had done. Gabby and Laura are the same, i can't really comment on Daken because i don't know what he has been doing the last few months, but apparently he is civilized now. Also as everyone keep telling you, the whole thing wasn't even a trial, you can criticize the solution, but the fact is that they weren't on a trial, they didn't bringing up doing what they did to Creed to the Hellions.
    Last edited by TheCape; 03-27-2020 at 02:34 PM.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

When i said they side with Logan i was talking about the mind control, as for the Alex part he said it during the meeting and no one bother to pay attention to it. In a way not even Scott he just wanted Alex out of there.
    We've never seen the QC side with Logan after he massacred an entire team due to mind-control. And even if they had, it has no bearing on what took place in the book regarding Alex and the other mutants. They weren't holding the meeting to punish the mutants, the entire point of that meeting was to decide what to do with them. They recognized that there are mutants on Krakoa that, for whatever reason, can't play well with others. So the QC met to discuss what do they do with them, they recognized that they have a place on the island, they were discussing where that place was and how best to handle them. That was the entire point.

Alex was there because after he violently injured two humans and nearly killed all three, he felt guilty. He realized that he wasn't well, his mind wasn't right and he was a danger. Now, I don't disagree that they could have tried something else other than lumping Alex in with the other 'at risk' mutants, but I don't write the book.

I understand that Scott wanted Alex out of there, but that's not up to Scott. Look at Alex in the panels, he's not surprised, he's not afraid or looking like he doesn't want to be there. Alex wants help and he *actively* tries to tell Scott that it's ok and that he needs to relax. Scott is understandably upset and blindsided by all of this but it is Alex who tries to calm him down.
    Last edited by Peanutsinspace; 03-27-2020 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Logan is usually pretty capable and controlling himself and had been following the law of Krakoa to a T (except when he is in X-Force operations because the group is technically allow to break those rules), he doesn't need rehab because he isn't guilty of the many things that many of the Hellions had done. Gabby and Laura are the same, i can't really comment on Daken because i don't know what he has been doing the last few months, but apparently he is civilized now. Also as everyone keep telling you, the whole thing wasn't even a trial, you can criticize the solution, but the fact is that they weren't on a trial, they didn't bringing up doing what they did to Creed to the Hellions.

They where there because the QC needed to make a decision on what to do with a problem. It is a trial exp Sinister jumps with a solution before anyone can say anything and they voted on it. As for Laura she should have been added to the book it would be interesting to see. That was a really missed opportunity.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Of course he was in comannd, he is the captain commander.
    I know very well how Emma acts, but she used to respect Scott leaderships. She shouldn't get a pass because she act like this. it still is awful

Every form of government is flawed, there isn't perfection. No one knows on what was the decision of Jean and ororo, quiet council was the authority and Scott should respect them.

basically what I said, that Emma has green light to be a a-hole

But if Storm and jean assert theirselves, they are bad.
    Well, I'll try to clarify my points one last time. In regards to Emma, I mentioned I would agree with you if Scott was in charge. I'm not sure he was considering it seemed more like a diplomatic matter. Either way, like I mentioned before, Emma's plan turned out terrible so it doesn't really matter.

As for Jean and Storm, I was pointing out that part of the dislike probably comes from their position of authority and association with any decision that the QC makes. If they were shown to have opposing votes against Sinister, then there wouldn't be a problem. However, all we see is the council making a possibly poor decision with Jean and Storm involved. So they come off slightly sketchy to some. For all we know they approved of Scott's plan to watch Sinister. At this point there is a lot of unknowns.

As for the Quiet Council being flawed, that really isn't a slight against Jean and Storm. It would be if they were to willingly participate in a choice that brought terrible consequences. Luckily that hasn't happened yet, and regardless if it does, it's still an aspect of leadership they should be okay with.

I mentioned it before but I don't really have a problem with the situation since it was refreshing to see Scott argue against an oddity in authority. That rarely happens. Usually he's the other side.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 03-27-2020 at 03:08 PM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

They where there because the QC needed to make a decision on what to do with a problem. It is a trial exp Sinister jumps with a solution before anyone can say anything and they voted on it. As for Laura she should have been added to the book it would be interesting to see. That was a really missed opportunity.
    It wasnt a trial which is something I think still dont get.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Well, I'll try to clarify my points one last time. In regards to Emma, I mentioned I would agree with you if Scott was in charge. I'm not sure he was considering it seemed more like a diplomatic matter. Either way, like I mentioned before, Emma's plan turned out terrible so it doesn't really matter.

As for Jean and Storm, I was pointing out that part of the dislike probably comes from their position of authority and association with any decision that the QC makes. If they were shown to have opposing votes against Sinister, then there wouldn't be a problem. However, all we see is the council making a possibly poor decision with Jean and Storm involved. So they come off slightly sketchy to some. For all we know they approved of Scott's plan to watch Sinister. At this point there is a lot of unknowns.

As for the Quiet Council being flawed, that really isn't a slight against Jean and Storm. It would be if they were to willingly participate in a choice that brought terrible consequences. Luckily that hasn't happened yet, and regardless if it does, it's still an aspect of leadership they should be okay with.

I mentioned it before but I don't really have a problem with the situation since it was refreshing to see Scott argue against an oddity in authority. That rarely happens. Usually he's the other side.
    it wasn't diplomatic mission, they were going to take down the FF and punish them on Krakoa. A rescue mission isn't a diplomatic one either, it should had Scott authorization as it is a military action too.

For many years Scott had a authority power, many times alone. I would like to see more nuanced takes from Scott fans
    Writer let it open and people are quick to assume Jean and storm agreed to it

it wasn't diplomatic mission, they were going to take down the FF and punish them on Krakoa. A rescue mission isn't a diplomatic one either, it should had Scott authorization as it is a military action too.

For many years Scott had a authority power, many times alone. I would like to see more nuanced takes from Scott fans
    One of the reasons i didnt mind it bc we've seen Scott dismiss and shut down veteran X-men multiple times across the years. It was funny and a bit ironic that it happened to him here and it wasnt even really all that bad

Jean did say it was getting harder to know what's right and wrong in X-Force so...

She is in god hands now (Hickman0, but if she was here, you would have to get rid of Kwannon because that would be pretty much her role in the team.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

To be fair, I think Logan might eventually end up in trouble with the council in his solo run. It's just a guess, but seems possible. Logan hasn't done anything that bad yet. I feel there was a lack in oversight considering the rule and the fact Logan tends to kill a lot. So the plot seems to be making up excuses to let Wolverine be Wolverine. I don't think the characters are intended to come off as secretly defending him.

To bring things back to Scott, at least he seemed to be upset by what happened (which is an odd coincidence).
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by MosSuperman View Post
    Jean did say it was getting harder to know what's right and wrong in X-Force so...
    it was about X-force missions.

Jean voted against crucible

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    One of the reasons i didnt mind it bc we've seen Scott dismiss and shut down veteran X-men multiple times across the years. It was funny and a bit ironic that it happened to him here and it wasnt even really all that bad
    Not so funny when it is you

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsinspace View Post
    We've never seen the QC side with Logan after he massacred an entire team due to mind-control. And even if they had, it has no bearing on what took place in the book regarding Alex and the other mutants. They weren't holding the meeting to punish the mutants, the entire point of that meeting was to decide what to do with them. They recognized that there are mutants on Krakoa that, for whatever reason, can't play well with others. So the QC met to discuss what do they do with them, they recognized that they have a place on the island, they were discussing where that place was and how best to handle them. That was the entire point.

Alex was there because after he violently injured two humans and nearly killed all three, he felt guilty. He realized that he wasn't well, his mind wasn't right and he was a danger. Now, I don't disagree that they could have tried something else other than lumping Alex in with the other 'at risk' mutants, but I don't write the book.

I understand that Scott wanted Alex out of there, but that's not up to Scott. Look at Alex in the panels, he's not surprised, he's not afraid or looking like he doesn't want to be there. Alex wants help and he *actively* tries to tell Scott that it's ok and that he needs to relax. Scott is understandably upset and blindsided by all of this but it is Alex who tries to calm him down.
    Dont agree it would have, it be like a celebrity gets a slap and a none one gets a harder punishment.

As for the QC none of them try to understand any of the situation. The discussion was the QC telling them what they done wrong and not trying to hear any of them. Sinister makes a argument as to how to handle the situation but no one in the QC bothers to come up with something better.

We don't get to see the vote, one can argue they all agree right away to what sinister said because when Scott talks to Psylocke he ask if she heard everything in there. Or maybe i am mistaken but from what i read Scott found out his brother was there and took Psylocke as back up if needed.