Page 110 of 149 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 2233

spoilers:
    THe recent XSwords has Scott take Cable to a sight to raise the Peak aka SWORDs former HEadquarters. Now Brand is gonna be so happy that her bro from another Mother gave her back her space station.
    end of spoilers

So a minor appearance but like always raises the hook for other books.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Well, these are quite interesting questions. I'll try to be detailed and as unbiased as possible.

When it comes to his development/story, it's a bit messy considering everything that's happened. However, considering what has, I would say that it seemed to be a natural progression for Scott to ultimately succeed Xavier. He was shaped to be his heir/son and slowly developed his own view of the situation and world around him. That seemed to be the peak of his development. At least for me.

As for the character himself and what I think is great: He is left with an impossible task (self induced in some ways), but pushes forward for the sake of others. He's not perfect and continues to make mistakes, but he has the resolve to continue. Even if the costs are great to him personally, he'll make the tough choices he has to and be there when needed. Also, I just happen to find his strategic side to be rather interesting. He's not the strongest of the X-men but he can help to utilize the powers of others in impressive ways.

In terms of media, X-men evolution and the 90's animated series come to mind. X-men evolution may have a slightly different take on the character, but the main aspects are present.

Not sure what I don't like, except maybe the way his romantic relationships tend to be handled.

As for complaints, again, his romances. Mainly dealing with the love triangle. I feel it's been beaten to death and leads to rather terrible character writing for all involved. I would also add that it's slightly annoying for Cyclops to be viewed as the most hated X-man in recent years. A lot of the writing failed to present him as the most evil person in the MU.

I'm not sure on what I would enhance. I think it might make sense to further develop his communication skills. It has been setup in the past several times only to be torn down. Currently I think his role as a father is a slight improvement in that area. Power wise, I think it would be nice if he went back to ricochet skills. Those seem to be less used as the years go by.

As for that one wish, well, that's a bit tough oddly enough. I guess a solo, even if short and limited, to offer deeper character work. At least with present adult Cyclops that is. I think it would be interesting to delve into his thoughts a bit more. I feel a solo would have offered an opportunity for deep character work. For me it has been rather absent. Apart from being told repeatedly that he was wrong, it'd be more interesting if we saw him actually grapple with his choices in a nuanced way. Something that isn't one sided. Then again, a solo probably isn't needed for that, but his recent snap-shot is a perfect example of what I'd like for older Scott.
    First of all, thank you for your insightful answers. These are the kind of answers we need.

So... I'm part of a massive Marvel Fan collaborative project, in which is designed to allow the fans participate in creating our own stories and narratives for our favorite heroes, and we'd animate them into a continuous series! I'm working hard to collect a lot of preliminary answers from fans, so by the time we introduce the "base" plot arcs, we'd already have some fan input involved. As for your answers...

I definitely can see that, and that may be a better insight for his character than something we had planned. So... spoilers (a needed one) instead of "the Phoenix Saga" we're introducing the first ever "The Phoenix Trilogy". The third act takes things to a whole other level, and changes certain elements from canon. For one, Jean Grey doesn't die. We've gotten a lot of feedback against the constant resurrection thing, we're not doing that. However, the X-Men do lose members, and the way those loses occur, causes the team to come apart. After losing half their members, Jean Grey takes leadership and reopens Xavier's Institute as "Jean Grey's School of Higher Learning" (in honor of lat Xavier). There's a different between being leader like Xavier, and then leader of the team. It could be that Jean Grey takes leadership of the team directly, and Scott starts fulfilling Xavier's seat... or vice versa. Point is, moving forward, the Scott and Jean take the helm after a lot of devastation, and the plot moves forward there.

That's honestly the kind of character being developed now. The Chief writer stated she wants to focus on Scott's evolution as a leader, fighter of justice, and how that impacts him as a character. What drives and motivates him is his troubled past, and his relationship with Jean actually starts when she uses her telepathic abilities to help him throug his internal fog. He definitely makes mistakes, even costly ones, and has to learn from them. Interesting you bring up strategy. I almost feel like revealing his plot to you in a PM. But one of the reasons he's made leader of the team, is his past, which partially dealt in stealth strategy.

Many, many fans discuss looking at the 90s, and we have. We are creating an approach of our own, but we are wanting to maintain core values and build on them, not... change them, inspite of this being fan created/animated.

NO. LOVE. TRIANGLES. INVOLVED. PERIOD. I can't tell you how much we've received on the love thing LOL so you won't have to worry about that. As far as relationships go, its been our mission to build what Scott and Jean should be as a couple, and leave out a lot of the dumbass drama. I vaguely remember that he had those skills. Like I said, you need to join in our convo, and help make suggestions!

I think that the closest we'd get to a solo like... early on, would be our "X-Origins: Cyclops". That goes into his backstory, but also how he first met Jean Grey... like, when he didn't know it was her, and they connected psionically. The series would also entail stories taking places in "alternate universes" (so YAY we also have a multiverse too LOL) and, with that are opportunities to tell even more stories from the fandom, esp when not all suggestions make it to the final scripts.

Please join us here in this thread, it is prileminary but it allows us to start discussions, learn more as I learn more, I'll soon leak some info and footage too... definitely be part of the brainstorming for the X-Men in this fanmade animated series: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...non-think-tank

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    I liked the small role Cyclops played on Creation, for a character that won't be gettign any sword on this, he was pretty useful. Hope he continues this way.
    I thought the end was him getting his sword

Quote Originally Posted by GMikey View Post
    If you all had the opportunity to give Cyclops the story and development you feel he deserves, what would it entail?
    He had some really good development during the Second Coming buildup and aftermath, where he had to rise up to the occasion in the darkest of times, and do things he would have found horrific before - making the choice between possibly being seen as a villain or even monster to those who would survive, or a hero to those who would soon be extinct. I would like to have seen him come back from that to something more like his old self, but reconciled with what he had to be - not simply the stupid "Cyclops was the wrongiest wronger to have ever wronged" narrative Marvel wanted to push - but a realization that he was forced to do things that were necessary even if they were morally wrong, and dealing with the aftermath and road back closer to what he wants to be rather than merely what he had to be. There's a big difference between those two interpretations.

What do you like/love about the character?
    I'm drawn to characters who feel like outsiders even among other outcasts. Cyclops, Martian Manhunter, Nexus - although with Cyclops it was because I was a tall, skinny, brown eyed, glasses wearing guy who had trouble speaking his feelings (and was pining for a redhead whose name began with the letter J) - plus my middle name is actually Scott.

Have you seen what you wanted represented well, in any media?
    X-Men Evolution is probably the best alternate media Cyclops, but a few episodes of the 90's show flashed potential, the X-Men anime did a very good post-Phoenix saga Scott, and even Wolverine and the X-Men was able to show Scott as someone who could stand up to his rival in a fight - because pushovers make poor rivals and weigh both sides down.

What do you NOT like/love about the character?
    His tendency to revert back to one of the sides in a love triangle - it's his least interesting trait, and the one all too often used as his primary characteristic.

If there's a complaint about the character, or his development in Marvel media, what would it be?
    See the love triangle stuff - but worse, since he is often supposed to stand (very weakly) in Wolverine's way. That rivalry is a huge part of the character, but since Logan is much more popular, they forget to make Scott someone who can reasonably stand with Logan in the story, and they tend to undercut him early - in the 90's series he gets suckerpunched and has his car destroyed in the first episode - and no consequences happen, making him come across as a major pushover. Or they forget to have him come up with plans that, you know, work.

If you could enhance Cyclops' in some way, what would that be, and or entail?
    No more blasting by standing around as a damned statue who can't hit the broad side of a barn while inside of it despite often being depicted as being able to make a dozen bounces to hit a moving target elsewhere. His marksmanship should be on the level of Bullseye - ALL THE TIME. And if he can account for angle and moving targets that well, he should be able to dodge A LOT better than what he does. Watch the film Shoot Em Up - he should be making trick shots on a regular basis. Additionally, having been mentored by Xavier, married to Jean for years, and then living with Emma for a few more, he should be one of, if not THE last non-telepath to succumb to such powers - not just among the X-Men, but the Marvel Universe. No one who doesn't have the power themselves has a fraction of his experience with it - make it matter.

If you could have one wish granted, that insane fanboy/fangirl carte blanche done with Cyclops' character that you'd love so much, what would it be?
    Have him be THE LEADER of a big event while other lead characters are sidelined - not a big X-Event, but a company wide one - and it can't end in a crapshow like House of M.
    Last edited by Gray Lensman; 09-23-2020 at 07:15 PM.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    He had some really good development during the Second Coming buildup and aftermath, where he had to rise up to the occasion in the darkest of times, and do things he would have found horrific before - making the choice between possibly being seen as a villain or even monster to those who would survive, or a hero to those who would soon be extinct. I would like to have seen him come back from that to something more like his old self, but reconciled with what he had to be - not simply the stupid "Cyclops was the wrongiest wronger to have ever wronged" narrative Marvel wanted to push - but a realization that he was forced to do things that were necessary even if they were morally wrong, and dealing with the aftermath and road back closer to what he wants to be rather than merely what he had to be. There's a big difference between those two interpretations.

I'm drawn to characters who feel like outsiders even among other outcasts. Cyclops, Martian Manhunter, Nexus - although with Cyclops it was because I was a tall, skinny, brown eyed, glasses wearing guy who had trouble speaking his feelings (and was pining for a redhead whose name began with the letter J) - plus my middle name is actually Scott.

X-Men Evolution is probably the best alternate media Cyclops, but a few episodes of the 90's show flashed potential, the X-Men anime did a very good post-Phoenix saga Scott, and even Wolverine and the X-Men was able to show Scott as someone who could stand up to his rival in a fight - because pushovers make poor rivals and weigh both sides down.

His tendency to revert back to one of the sides in a love triangle - it's his least interesting trait, and the one all too often used as his primary characteristic.

See the love triangle stuff - but worse, since he is often supposed to stand (very weakly) in Wolverine's way. That rivalry is a huge part of the character, but since Logan is much more popular, they forget to make Scott someone who can reasonably stand with Logan in the story, and they tend to undercut him early - in the 90's series he gets suckerpunched and has his car destroyed in the first episode - and no consequences happen, making him come across as a major pushover. Or they forget to have him come up with plans that, you know, work.

No more blasting by standing around as a damned statue who can't hit the broad side of a barn while inside of it despite often being depicted as being able to make a dozen bounces to hit a moving target elsewhere. His marksmanship should be on the level of Bullseye - ALL THE TIME. And if he can account for angle and moving targets that well, he should be able to dodge A LOT better than what he does. Watch the film Shoot Em Up - he should be making trick shots on a regular basis. Additionally, having been mentored by Xavier, married to Jean for years, and then living with Emma for a few more, he should be one of, if not THE last non-telepath to succumb to such powers - not just among the X-Men, but the Marvel Universe. No one who doesn't have the power themselves has a fraction of his experience with it - make it matter.

Have him be THE LEADER of a big event while other lead characters are sidelined - not a big X-Event, but a company wide one - and it can't end in a crapshow like House of M.
    Couldn't agree more. Cyclops should be Bullseye + John Wick with unlimited bullets that have power of a nuclear reactor who doesn't actually want to kill people most of the time.

My fanboy moment would be kind of similar, but I'd have him come up with the best plan to defeat whatever the big bad was of that event, but he would only disclose the plan with Cap and tell him to tell everyone that he[Cap] was the one who came up with it, because 1. even when Scott's right, nobody wants to believe it, and 2. people follow Cap blindly.

Idea for a What If...?

What if Scott Summers became Daredevil?
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Idea for a What If...?

What if Scott Summers became Daredevil?
    Well some people already think he became the Devil so it's not too far fetched.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I thought the end was him getting his sword
    Oh damn. Mind blown

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M. View Post
    Lol, yeah, you can find many of them working at Marvel Editorial.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M. View Post
    Kinda makes me wonder: what other mythological beast can Scott get as an alias? He's already got Cyclops and Basilisk--- anything else?
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    Kinda makes me wonder: what other mythological beast can Scott get as an alias? He's already got Cyclops and Basilisk--- anything else?
    Balor, a demon with a killing eye.

Edit: This would be the codename for a villainous AU version of Scott who basically has Magneto's philosophy but decides to rid the world of telepaths thanks to Sinister and Xavier's manipulations.
    Last edited by Hizashi; 09-25-2020 at 03:21 PM.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Scott when he finds out about Xfactor 4:

External

Internal:
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

why? 10char

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    why? 10char
    Cause of what happened?

spoilers:
    -No plans for the ressurection protocols if damaged or if there was a war
    -The Death of a Young mutant who's been changed, possibly forever
    -Literal BttD comin and if they die over there, they be screwed
    end of spoilers

So yeah. Happy party times over.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

In X-Factor 4 they talked that Krakoa was on war a couple times, so when will Cyclops start running that ****?