Page 94 of 149 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104144 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 2233
    Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Called it waaayyy back in last October, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    What the efff did I just read, lol? The Prelude to Inferno 2?

It's not even funny how hard Scott and Lorna have been screwing. Their scene was sheer insanity.

Anyway, I really shouldn't, but what the hell. Totally legit spoilers from Inferno 2.

Scott: "What's this about, Maddie? If this is about the Council not sending you a scented, gold-lettered personal invitation, can't you bother someone else about it? Firstly, I have plans tonight. Secondly, I mostly deal with scheduling, glorified cameos and incessant off-panel sexy times, these days."
    Maddie: "Behold, oh ex-worthless-husband-of-mine! The literal heads of the only woman you ever truly loved and the only family you have left! On actual pikes. And burning, too!"
    Scott: "........................."
    Maddie: "........................."
    Scott: "Oh. You mean Jean and Alex."
    Scott: "Mmm. Awkward. Well, if it's any consolation, your take on the campy villainous diva is as fabulous as ever. That being said, you're working on somewhat outdated intel. I'd joke about you firing your research team, but you'd probably set them ablaze and I'd have to deal with all the rescheduling and subsequent whining. Finally, I don't particularly enjoy being that guy, but I was serious about having plans tonight. Would you settle for me falling on my knees and crying out in pretend soul-crushing anguish for a whole ten seconds?"
    Scott: "Oh, alright, fifteen seconds."

Remember when people said that X-men was going to be a stealth Cyclops solo ala X-men Red and Legacy? Yeah....

Man...

Are they happy now?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Called it waaayyy back in last October, lol.

Anyway, I really shouldn't, but what the hell. Totally legit spoilers from Inferno 2.

Scott: "What's this about, Maddie? If this is about the Council not sending you a scented, gold-lettered personal invitation, can't you bother someone else about it? Firstly, I have plans tonight. Secondly, I mostly deal with scheduling, glorified cameos and incessant off-panel sexy times, these days."
    Maddie: "Behold, oh ex-worthless-husband-of-mine! The literal heads of the only woman you ever truly loved and the only family you have left! On actual pikes. And burning, too!"
    Scott: "Oh. You mean Jean and Alex."
    Scott: "Mmm. Awkward. Well, if it's any consolation, your take on the campy villainous diva is as fabulous as ever. That being said, you're working on somewhat outdated intel. I'd joke about you firing your research team, but you'd probably set them ablaze and I'd have to deal with all the rescheduling and subsequent whining. Finally, I don't particularly enjoy being that guy, but I was serious about having plans tonight. Would you settle for me falling on my knees and crying out in pretend soul-crushing anguish for a whole ten seconds?"
    Scott: "Oh, alright, fifteen seconds."
    Scorna finally confirmed?
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    Scorna finally confirmed?
    Maddie probably didn't get the memo about what The Five can do. It would be even funnier if Jean and/or Alex walked in at that moment and commented on their own severed heads.

Jean: "Scott, why didn't you tell me how bad that lipstick looked with my skin tone? I look like something out of a 'People of Wal-Mart' article!"

Scott: "Colorblind, remember?"

Maddie: "....."

Alex: "Hey, Scott! Don't get too upset, but it looks like Pixie managed to bribe The Five into bringing back that teen version of you for herself and....hey, who's that swell looking head? The mouth looks a little weird, though."

Maddie: "...."

Scott: "We'd better stop those fools before they make fetish versions of the wrong person for some perv."

Scott: "Don't give me that look Jean. All it's going to take is some bedroom version of Laura, or a heterosexual Illyana, and the real ones will kill everyone involved, INCLUDING The Five."

Alex: " I didn't realize Yana was..."

Jean: " Pay closer attention, Alex."

Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Maddie probably didn't get the memo about what The Five can do. It would be even funnier if Jean and/or Alex walked in at that moment and commented on their own severed heads.

Jean: "Scott, why didn't you tell me how bad that lipstick looked with my skin tone? I look like something out of a 'People of Wal-Mart' article!"

Scott: "Colorblind, remember?"

Maddie: "....."

Alex: "Hey, Scott! Don't get too upset, but it looks like Pixie managed to bribe The Five into bringing back that teen version of you for herself and....hey, who's that swell looking head? The mouth looks a little weird, though."

Scott: "We'd better stop those fools before they make fetish versions of the wrong person for some perv."

Scott: "Don't give me that look Jean. All it's going to take is some bedroom version of Laura, or a heterosexual Illyana, and the real ones will kill everyone involved, INCLUDING The Five."

Alex: " I didn't realize Yana was..."

Jean: " Pay closer attention, Alex."

You cannot convince me that Sinister doesn't have a Bar called Endless Summers full of Scott clones that everyone s trying real hard to not let Scott know.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    You cannot convince me that Sinister doesn't have a Bar called Endless Summers full of Scott clones that everyone s trying real hard to not let Scott know.
    "Mail-order your own Scott Summers today and get one more free! Order now, and you, yes you, can get a teenage Scott, too!"
    Let your wallet talk.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    "Mail-order your own Scott Summers today and get one more free! Order now, and you, yes you, can get a teenage Scott, too!"
    Laura and Pixie eye each other with their own TYke clone.

Walking by is Joanna with...is that a Basilisk?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Laura and Pixie eye each other with their own TYke clone.

Walking by is Joanna with...is that a Basilisk?
    Not quite. It's just a Scott that's happy to see her :^)
    Let your wallet talk.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Remember when people said that X-men was going to be a stealth Cyclops solo ala X-men Red and Legacy? Yeah....
    Eh I'm ok with it. He's had some pretty iconic moments already. And Hickman seems to really want to establish Scott as a family man. No doubt Hickman has big plans for him moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Eh I'm ok with it. He's had some pretty iconic moments already. And Hickman seems to really want to establish Scott as a family man. No doubt Hickman has big plans for him moving forward.
    I think we are also seeing the seeds planted for his eventual loss of faith - losing that family to secrets he isn't privy too. They have already foreshadowed the eventual loss of Gabriel, and it looks like Alex is going to be lost first, although he might just be temporary.

I just wish we could see the seeds sprout rather than still more board setting or event tie ins.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I also seem to remember that the description before the first issue came out that it was supposed to be about a team of X-men that Cyclops hand picked. Instead it's the Summers' family drama and occasional tie in into events [for which Cyclops is present as that background character in one of the group shots].

I can't say that I don't like this era of X-books, I absolutely adore Marauders and the justice that Emma is getting after what they did to her character in recent years and while I'm waiting for Hellions to come onto MU, what I have seen of it looks awesome as well. But I wouldn't mind getting some Cyke content where Cyke actually uses some of his skill-set.

At least we've got Jay's Snapshot issue to look forward to soon (though I might have to wait a few months until I actually get my issue, if the shop in my country where I ordered it only orders it once it's released).

I mean I've subscribed to X-Men through the subscription on Marvel website and it said that shipping date was Aug 26th, same as release date, but I still don't see it as shipped today. I half expect it to arrive sometimes after it's already released on MU.

I feel that when those seeds of Cyclops Faith fracturing finally bloom,
    the Uncanny will rise again.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I think we are also seeing the seeds planted for his eventual loss of faith - losing that family to secrets he isn't privy too. They have already foreshadowed the eventual loss of Gabriel, and it looks like Alex is going to be lost first, although he might just be temporary.

I just wish we could see the seeds sprout rather than still more board setting or event tie ins.
    I can wait. Hickman almost always sticks the landing when it comes to his long game setup. Just gotta have patience barring any unforseen scheduling issues like a worldwide pandemic of course lol

Quote Originally Posted by cyclops_was_right View Post
    I also seem to remember that the description before the first issue came out that it was supposed to be about a team of X-men that Cyclops hand picked. Instead it's the Summers' family drama and occasional tie in into events [for which Cyclops is present as that background character in one of the group shots].

I can't say that I don't like this era of X-books, I absolutely adore Marauders and the justice that Emma is getting after what they did to her character in recent years and while I'm waiting for Hellions to come onto MU, what I have seen of it looks awesome as well. But I wouldn't mind getting some Cyke content where Cyke actually uses some of his skill-set.
    I keep hearing about this "Summer Family Drama" but I'm not seeing it in X-Men in fact the only one who seems to be having any drama is Vulcan and that's because an inter dimensional alien implanted a false persona in his head. The rest of the Summer clan is drama free in X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I can wait. Hickman almost always sticks the landing when it comes to his long game setup. Just gotta have patience barring any unforseen scheduling issues like a worldwide pandemic of course lol

I keep hearing about this "Summer Family Drama" but I'm not seeing it in X-Men in fact the only one who seems to be having any drama is Vulcan and that's because an inter dimensional alien implanted a false persona in his head. The rest of the Summer clan is drama free in X-Men.
    The Family Drama is just the living arrangements and some suggestions about Cyclops relationship status with Logan, Jean and Emma. All of this put together probably took 2 or three pages.
    Cyclops only do cameos now.