Page 91 of 149 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101141 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 2233

My favorite Cyclops runs/eras will always be Grant Morrison's New X-men and Whedon's Astonishing. I know Scott continued to grow in the Brubaker and Fraction era but those weren't my fav X-men stories. The Bendis Scott definitely had some good moments and he did become a very complex nuanced character there.

Cyclops became more of a radical and radicals tend to be polarizing figures. To some he was more of a mutant savior and to others his behavior and actions were too extreme so he became a type of boogey man which explains the Hitler comparisons. You see that with folks labeled as radicals, some love them and others demonize them.

I know a lot of Cyclops fans resent the Hitler comparisons (and understandably so) but at least that era is completely over with. It is done. Cyclops has grown a lot since then and now he's in happier times with the rest of the Summers family. He's all in with Xavier's new dream. He is the captain commander and though some wish he had a bigger role, he still has a very important role in the X-books especially Hickman's book which is the flagship.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    I'm the only one who always cringes at the fact that no X-Man (Kitty, Ororo, Bobby, Hank, Logan, ...) apologized for all the blaming victimization they put Scott through ? I'm happy that our favorite leader is finally relaxed, but, to be honest, I would like him to go live his life with the only mutants who respected him (Illyana, Emma, ​​Erik, Kid Cable)
    Trust me: you're not the only one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Eh, it'd have been nice, but Marvel was never going to do anything like that, especially with how they handled things with the reactions of many readers siding with Cyke over Rogers and Logan during and post AvX.
    Pretty much. Marvel (and especially JDW) had a meltdown over readers siding with Cyke.

Then you had years of creative bankruptcy where the X-Books were only kept alive by hating on Cyke for one arbitrary reason or another. You really can't blame Hickman for wiping the slate clean, tbh, because those years were incredibly toxic and did no one any favors. Pretty much the only one that didn't end up a hypocrite (especially when the Supremacicst Nation of Krakoa has emerged), ironically, was Scott-- because the dude was a corpse for most of it.

Still can't wipe the taste of Marvel having their cake and eating it too, however.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

I just remembered that it's been at least ten years since Scott was treated well in an event, and I really hope King in Black is a game-changer

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    I just remembered that it's been at least ten years since Scott was treated well in an event, and I really hope King in Black is a game-changer
    He'll be hardly in it.

Cyclops question:

What year/comic book issue did we find out that Cyclops couldn't control his optic blasts because of head trauma?

Quote Originally Posted by Shane Shooter View Post
    Cyclops question:

What year/comic book issue did we find out that Cyclops couldn't control his optic blasts because of head trauma?
    Astonishing X-Men (2004) #14

Sorry
    I misread, and confused "mental trauma" and "head trauma"

Spectacular Member

Not sure if this is right, but Marvel Wikia mentions that it was revealed in X-Factor #39 during Inferno.

Its a variant but look who maybe getting taste of the PF. I wonder if any compassion will be shown for him if he starts wrecking stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

Its a variant but look who maybe getting taste of the PF. I wonder if any compassion will be shown for him if he starts wrecking stuff
    Hopefully exactly the same amount he was willing to give anyone not named Namor.
    Dark does not mean deep.

I wonder if Hickman will bring back the Han and the children that are in the weapon x program.

5A975B4A-FAD3-40EA-AF9B-3889E870124C.jpg

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by maxi_miceli View Post
    F4, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Hulk and Ant-Man surrounding young Scott.

I don't get the reference, if there is any.
    Last edited by SpiderClops; 08-18-2020 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    F4, Iron Man, Hulk and Ant-Man surrounding young Scott.

I don't get the reference, if there is any.
    Its a Kirby style art and he's surrounded by other Kirby creations

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Its a Kirby style art and he's surrounded by other Kirby creations
    I also think this could be from his spotlight issue, as the story is supposed to be how the emergence of the first heroes affects young Scott before he meets Xavier. Not knowing where this cover comes from I have to guess.
    Dark does not mean deep.