Page 25 of 149 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    They definitely have come a long way. I hated how in the Gillen era, he caged her like a dog. Strapping a bomb to her chest and forcing her to do his bidding under duress was too extreme. Ironically she would then become one of his most loyal ally
    I'm of a different opinion. To me, it always seemed like Illyana had everything, bomb jacket included, under her control-- and was proven so at the end of Gillen's run.

In a similar vein as to why Yana was frustrated that her brother saw her only as his Little Snowflake-- even after she pulled that stint with Legion and the Elder Gods-- I think Yana respected Scott for taking her seriously and holding her accountable. It's a weird and twisted beginning to a friendship / mutual respect, but this was the same Yana rampaging through Limbo before the New X-Men found her, bartered with their lives to get a piece of her soul back (and Prodigy would have died if Elixir didn't think to download Hank's medical knowledge into his brain-- something Yana wouldn't know had happened), and existed with a broken soul up until the aforementioned siccing-Legion-at-the-Elder-Gods-for-shiz-and-giggles.

Yana up until the end of Gillen's run was this vindictive, absurdly capable badass marching to her own tune.

Then, you had BMB's run where he hit the brakes and started turning everyone into generic template characters :x Jumping off from this point, this is also why I'm ambivalent-to-against Yana being Dr. Strange's pupil, because Yana was already supposed to be incredibly powerful in her own right-- even besting Strange, albeit in her home turf without the Phoenix Force. Now, it's as if DisMarvel's toning down her powers and wanting her magical prowess to be validated by Dr. Strange / the title of Sorcerer Supreme.

Edit: pretty much what Glio said XD

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I have always found the relationship between Cyclops and Illyana interesting. Because for Illyana, Scott is in the tiny space where he feels no pity or fear towards her.

For a long time most mutants were divided between being terrified of her and treating her like a monster or treating her like a little girl. Scott treats her honestly and respects her and that for Illyana I think is important.

Agreed 100%. That's also why Yana's character arc from her re-introduction in New X-Men to the end of Gillen's run was so interesting to me. Her "There are no snowflakes in hell!" was just the best line, ever.
    Last edited by xiyon; 03-11-2020 at 12:35 PM.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

So there’s two Vulcans right now so would that make the Vulcan on the island a clone

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    So there’s two Vulcans right now so would that make the Vulcan on the island a clone
    A good chunk of the X-men are clones and we dont know that there are currently two Vulcans. Thats all speculation at this point

A good chunk of the X-men are clones and we dont know that there are currently two Vulcans. Thats all speculation at this point
    Have you read the issue. It says Vulcan didn’t die

Have you read the issue. It says Vulcan didn’t die
    Yes I have read the issue. Did you read it say that there are two Vulcans? Its speculation to assume that there are

BANNED

So, Scott's is X-men and new mutants this week. Anywhere else?

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    So, Scott's is X-men and new mutants this week. Anywhere else?
    Cable. He was in all X-books today

Yes I have read the issue. Did you read it say that there are two Vulcans? Its speculation to assume that there are

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...ome-in-x-men-8

Finally, we have to have a talk about Vulcan. The Krakoan Resurrection Protocols have returned him to life, but Vulcan doesn’t seem to recall the events of X-MEN: DEADLY GENESIS (2005) or his subsequent transformation into the tyrannical Emperor Vulcan. Even Vulcan’s formerly dead teammates, Petra and Sway, are having trouble adjusting to their return.

Previously, it was assumed that Vulcan was resurrected this way intentionally, so that he could finally be the third Summers brother without the baggage of his heel turn. However, the ancillary matter touches upon Vulcan’s death in WAR OF KINGS (2009) #6. Vulcan and Black Bolt disappeared into the Fault, but only Black Bolt made his escape. The troubling thing here is that ShI’ar intelligence suggests that Vulcan didn’t die at all. That may be why Vulcan’s Krakoan counterpart seems so incomplete.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    I've pretty much given up on a Cyke solo book ever happening. I'd argue interest, momentum, and read-sympathy in Cyke was at its peak immediately post-AvX, but BMB not only decided to defuse it all, but to actively revert him back to the status quo. In retrospect, it's pretty clear BMB was more focused on bringing his A-game to writing ANXM than UXM, if the meandering Last Will arc & hilariously OOC depictions are anything to go by.
    Unlike a lot of other X-characters, Cyclops is tied too tightly to his specific role in the X-men for him to have a solo ongoing. Maybe a limited series where he takes a vacation or decides to go off to help his Champions buddies, but any ongoing Cyclops solo will eventually be a team book in disguise. By nature and role, he is not a loner accept when he is brooding. I'm pretty much ok with him not having a solo simply because as far as I can recall, he's front and center in every single main X-men title. The story of the X-men is essentially the story of Cyclops whether people like it or not. The only time he's been off the main book is when editorial decided that he should be retired of when he's killed off, and those were also the most uninteresting periods.

This is the Scott thread and not really the best place to discuss this as its already going on in the review thread. Your link is still speculation

Quote Originally Posted by XchaiX View Post
    Unlike a lot of other X-characters, Cyclops is tied too tightly to his specific role in the X-men for him to have a solo ongoing. Maybe a limited series where he takes a vacation or decides to go off to help his Champions buddies, but any ongoing Cyclops solo will eventually be a team book in disguise. By nature and role, he is not a loner accept when he is brooding. I'm pretty much ok with him not having a solo simply because as far as I can recall, he's front and center in every single main X-men title. The story of the X-men is essentially the story of Cyclops whether people like it or not. The only time he's been off the main book is when editorial decided that he should be retired of when he's killed off, and those were also the most uninteresting periods.
    He spent years in X-Factor

Mighty Member

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...ome-in-x-men-8

Finally, we have to have a talk about Vulcan. The Krakoan Resurrection Protocols have returned him to life, but Vulcan doesn’t seem to recall the events of X-MEN: DEADLY GENESIS (2005) or his subsequent transformation into the tyrannical Emperor Vulcan. Even Vulcan’s formerly dead teammates, Petra and Sway, are having trouble adjusting to their return.

Previously, it was assumed that Vulcan was resurrected this way intentionally, so that he could finally be the third Summers brother without the baggage of his heel turn. However, the ancillary matter touches upon Vulcan’s death in WAR OF KINGS (2009) #6. Vulcan and Black Bolt disappeared into the Fault, but only Black Bolt made his escape. The troubling thing here is that ShI’ar intelligence suggests that Vulcan didn’t die at all. That may be why Vulcan’s Krakoan counterpart seems so incomplete.
    I doubt Hickman will keep things simple as "Vulcan is a clone!", but I fully expect some variation of it. As things stand... yay for the "cloning is not resurrection" fan-faction?

-insert headcanon of Mr. Sinister selling CyClones on the Krakoan Black Market for a buck-

CyClones! CyClones e~very~wheeeeere~!

Quote Originally Posted by XchaiX View Post
    The immediate post-AvX landscape was, in my opinion, the ideal jumping point thus far to explore a Cyclops solo. He was essentially stripped of his leadership, on the run from the government, and estranged from the majority of the X-Men. Just find a guy like Geoff Johns to pull a facsimile of Green Lantern: Rebirth, or strap Gillen to a book for more Sinister v Cyke shenanigans, and we'd have had a decent shot at seeing how Cyke would function outside the main X-Book.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I have always found the relationship between Cyclops and Illyana interesting. Because for Illyana, Scott is in the tiny space where he feels no pity or fear towards her.

For a long time most mutants were divided between being terrified of her and treating her like a monster or treating her like a little girl. Scott treats her honestly and respects her and that for Illyana I think is important.
    Yeah, this is basically my interpretation of their relationship.

What we got this week was pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    The immediate post-AvX landscape was, in my opinion, the ideal jumping point thus far to explore a Cyclops solo. He was essentially stripped of his leadership, on the run from the government, and estranged from the majority of the X-Men. Just find a guy like Geoff Johns to pull a facsimile of Green Lantern: Rebirth, or strap Gillen to a book for more Sinister v Cyke shenanigans, and we'd have had a decent shot at seeing how Cyke would function outside the main X-Book.
    I agree. Unfortunately the solo was given to Tyke...
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Yeah, this is basically my interpretation of their relationship.

What we got this week was pretty good.

I agree. Unfortunately the solo was given to Tyke...
    Tyke was still a decent character at that point - it wasn't until the Stupid Wars reboot that be went off the rails.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Tyke was still a decent character at that point - it wasn't until the Stupid Wars reboot that be went off the rails.
    Yeah, I did enjoy the solo for what it was but it seemed like an odd choice to me. I guess there was a large and eager focus to explore his relationship with his dad in space at the time. Still, I wouldn't have minded a solo for current Scott considering everything he had going on.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia