Page 35 of 149 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585135 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bell View Post
    So is just because some ppl see what Emma is doing as emasculating. I don't see it that way, is in Emma character to troll Scott to get a reaction. As for Storm and Jean they only stop him. He is not in qc he had no right to be there. He was there to protect Alex that could have back fire and Alex gotten a harsh punishment to be made a example of.
    Emma can't do not wrong. but Jean and storm are meanies. ok then

Mighty Member

So is just because some ppl see what Emma is doing as emasculating. I don't see it that way, is in Emma character to troll Scott to get a reaction. As for Storm and Jean they only stop him. He is not in qc he had no right to be there. He was there to protect Alex that could have back fire and Alex gotten a harsh punishment to be made a example of.
    Emma is Emma for me and i read just Emma trolling Scott like always. As for QC, Jean and Storm trying to stop Scott before he made it worst for his bother. However my issue with them is if they vote yes to Sinister but we didn't get to see it so we can only assume they did.
    Pretty much. I didn't read either book, just the relevant panels, but Emma doesn't look any more condescending than usual, while Jean+Storm come off very cold-- especially knowing Scott is worried about Alex. The "We heard you. Now shut up." quickly followed by "Leave us." and drawn the way it was definitely doesn't come off well, compared to Emma placing a placating hand on Cyke's arm.

I don't think any of the three of them would've voted for Sinister to handle a team, especially one with another Summers, though. But then again, this is the QC. Once more, I'm just happy Scott isn't calling these shots anymore. Especially knowing Hickman's building a house of cards
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    You really need to stop with the hate on Emma because in my post I am talking about how this is not to be emasculating Scott and defending all 3 ladies in their own way. Emma conversation vs Jean and Storm are different but if you want to play why not I will bite.

One Emma is never nice not even to Scott. Is her personality.

Jean and Storm didn't bother to look at Alex the qc consider them guilty. Jean didn't even bother or try to figure out why Alex didn't remember anything. She side with Sinister of all ppl. So is okay to take Alex to the place that cause him so much pain whith the perso responsible for it. Nice Storm and Jean at this point only need to be in a book to make Logan big lol cus i see nothing good with her character. She die how many times again? Lol that was for Logan to cry lol.

As for Emma she is doing her own thing and can Stan in the same level as most A lister x men.

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    Pretty much. I didn't read either book, just the relevant panels, but Emma doesn't look any more condescending than usual, while Jean+Storm come off very cold-- especially knowing Scott is worried about Alex. The "We heard you. Now shut up." quickly followed by "Leave us." and drawn the way it was definitely doesn't come off well, compared to Emma placing a placating hand on Cyke's arm.

I don't think any of the three of them would've voted for Sinister to handle a team, especially one with another Summers, though. But then again, this is the QC. Once more, I'm just happy Scott isn't calling these shots anymore. Especially knowing Hickman's building a house of cards
    Ff and x men book was boring for me exp for seeing Cyclops and Emma is the only reason i bought it lol.
    The Hellions because Maddie but it was a good book.

Both conversation are in totally diferent situations. Emma like I said is just being Emma and Scott know that. What Storm and the other women did was wrong. They don't bother to hear anything and made their decition to send Alex off so Scott had to get Psylocke to make sure if things go side ways she ends it, sad he try to ask for Alex to be spare but deep down he knows she will not.

When this is over the ppl in the qc will be blame for it.

Astonishing Member

Emma has always been this way with Scott. Logan always has to btch about something Scott does wrong. As for Jean and Storm their actions there are different and will play a role, their dismissed of Scott and what happens to Alex will be on them and the QC.
    I kinda liked how Jean and Storm handled Scott. Alex attempted to murder a bunch of humans and had he succeeded their would be no QC meeting to determine his fate. It would be straight to The Pit. Jean and Storm kept their responses firm but professional Scott was the one having the emotional outburst.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I kinda liked how Jean and Storm handled Scott. Alex attempted to murder a bunch of humans and had he succeeded their would be no QC meeting to determine his fate. It would be straight to The Pit. Jean and Storm kept their responses firm but professional Scott was the one having the emotional outburst.
    It was an emotional outburst, but it demonstrated a flaw in the system. There are many new and interesting concepts in Krakoa, but so far the council seems to be the weakest. Twelve mutants acting as judge and jury without any other input seems like a bad idea in the long run.

Either way, it was refreshing to see Scott as the one to oppose an oddity in command instead of defending it.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    If Scott was supposed to be in charge of the group, then I would completely agree in that she acted out of line and disrespectful. Then again, I'm not sure if he was supposed to be in charge. What she did was rude, but Emma tends to make comments like that so it isn't that odd. Also her plan led to terrible consequences in all fairness.

As for Jean and Storm, the reaction is mostly negative because of the consequences that came after their interaction with Scott. The council seems flawed, and their participation in it makes them look slightly bad. I think it was mentioned before, but they are basically politicians now; and politicians tend to be viewed negatively as well as other sources of authority. If Scott was in their role he'd be getting quite a few negative comments.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 03-26-2020 at 05:52 PM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    As for Jean and Storm, the reaction is mostly negative because of the consequences that came after their interaction with Scott. The council seems flawed, and their participation in it makes them look slightly bad. I think it was mentioned before, but they are basically politicians now; and politicians tend to be viewed negatively as well as other sources of authority. If Scott was in their role he'd be getting quite a few negative comments.
    Pretty much in agreement except for the highlighted bit. "A few"? Come now, you know how much wildfire there'd be if Cyke leads and makes a remotely morally questionable decision :'D we've got entire storyarcs devoted to mean ol' Mr Summers and literal years of his apparent evil XD

Back to ye ol' "It's only wrong when Scott does it" moment lol~~~ XDDDDDDDD The irony is, Cyke, more often than not, actually allowed people to run their mouths at him / heard their points back in Utopia. Whereas the QC here seem to be in a tizzy over Xavier's miscalculation. House of cards held together by shaky hands~~~

Anywho, as much shiz as I give the QC, I also think they're-- meaning, the actual X-Men-- are making the most of what they have as usual. Still doesn't really excuse any poor decisions, present and future, but such is the burden of leadership.
    Last edited by xiyon; 03-26-2020 at 06:13 PM.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

I loved Cyclops and Emma together again. Is she going after Scott when she notices the robots are the mutants?
    Didn't see Emma shade Scott at all is more of a playfulness.

For onces I am so happy Scott is not part of the QC. If this is how they pass judgement there will be lots of inocent mutants going to the pit. When the Alex situation blows up and the QC is to blame i hope Scott goes after Jean and Storm. Politicians abused their power sometimes and I hope Scott leads a team to end the QC. Hope Emma joins him, it would be like old times.

Not sure about the Logan situation.

And of course, god forbid Scout of having emotions, particularly around his own younger brother, who he has always tried to protect, and who doesn't look at his best. How dare Scott Summer to show emotions??!!

The point who actually irritates me is that both Jean and Storm are frequently portrayed to be "Kind and caring woman" who pretend to be just and pretend to care about others, except when is Scoot who is the hurt one, then there is no compression, love, or patience available, just "Stop being so whiny and shut up

About Emma, yes well she is also a bitch, the difference is that she is a professional one, she doesn't try to sell herself as just of caring, she is self serving rude and proud of it. She is that way with everybody so there is not special rudeness against Scott, and damn once all blows (and let's face it, Emma idea was bad and developed poorly) she is most probably to accept her share of guilt than Jean

And while I would like to see Scott confronting Jean and Storm after the mess explodes I'm sure that the issue would be just brushed away, we know that all those problems only has weight when Scott does them.
    "And you eater of world. May you taste our righteous fire, And choke on it. For my planet's sake, I spit my last breath at thee"

The whole scene with the council was entertaining but ridiculous. I liked the issue, but the scene starts off with a council member having an emotional outburst falsely accusing one mutant, then they are all professional with Havok who clearly doesn’t know what the f is going on. And how many mutants have we seen do similar things as Havok by now. I don’t even much care for Havok, I would probably prefer him in a pit. But that is one lackadaisical and careless judicial system. Especially with the resources mutants have available. That should be questioned lol.

And Emma is Emma, but ultimately proven wrong so eeh.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 03-26-2020 at 10:35 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post
    And of course, god forbid Scout of having emotions, particularly around his own younger brother, who he has always tried to protect, and who doesn't look at his best. How dare Scott Summer to show emotions??!!

The point who actually irritates me is that both Jean and Storm are frequently portrayed to be "Kind and caring woman" who pretend to be just and pretend to care about others, except when is Scoot who is the hurt one, then there is no compression, love, or patience available, just "Stop being so whiny and shut up

About Emma, yes well she is also a bitch, the difference is that she is a professional one, she doesn't try to sell herself as just of caring, she is self serving rude and proud of it. She is that way with everybody so there is not special rudeness against Scott, and damn once all blows (and let's face it, Emma idea was bad and developed poorly) she is most probably to accept her share of guilt than Jean

And while I would like to see Scott confronting Jean and Storm after the mess explodes I'm sure that the issue would be just brushed away, we know that all those problems only has weight when Scott does them.
    What...? No one said Scott wasn't allowed to show emotions I know I sure didn't. I just think the narrative that Jean and Storm treated Cyclops unfairly or disrespected him as BS. For the record I think everyone acted appropriately under the circumstances Scott is a character who usually has a pretty tight leash on his emotions but was blinsided by Alex's inclusion which caused his outburst. That being said the outburst was unprofessional especially since it happened in the middle of a QC meeting now you may not like the fact Storm and Jean had to pull rank but you also have tp understand that their heads of state now. What your basically asking them to do is be emotionally biased towards Scott because of their personal relationship with him.

The QC scene starts with them using emotional bias to judge someone, so they don’t get to play the unbiased card. Scott’s outburst was the only logical reaction in that whole scene. The level of prejudice and inconsistency being displayed was deserving of an emotional outburst.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 03-26-2020 at 11:04 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    The QC scene starts with them using emotional bias to judge someone, so they don’t get to play the unbiased card. Scott’s outburst was the only logical reaction in that whole scene. The level of prejudice and inconsistently being displayed was deserving of an emotional outburst.
    What scene is that? Because thats not in Hellions in fact the scene opens up with Sinister complaining about exodius epaulettes

What scene is that? Because thats not in Hellions in fact the scene opens up with Sinister complaining about exodius epaulettes
    QC scene starts with Storm chastising Scalphunter for being attacked.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    QC scene starts with Storm chastising Scalphunter for being attacked.
    You might want to go back and re-read that scene because Storm is under the impression that scalp-hunter attacked the Morlocks unprovoked and Scalphunter doesn't correct her.