Page 113 of 149 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 2233

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Yeah, I like how he treats superhero stuff like it's his "work." Cyclops has lived so much of his life being an X-man, with very little life away from it. For him this is like office work.

PD: He at least knows fencing thanks to the classes his father gave him in the Tyke series.
    Plus, whoever made the suggestion is right, Cyke should really be a much more adept hand-to-hand/close-quarter fighter with the implications of his powers.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Scott's gonna be all passive aggressive about how he "has" to let his son go to a death tournament.

But then XM 16 happens.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Plus, whoever made the suggestion is right, Cyke should really be a much more adept hand-to-hand/close-quarter fighter with the implications of his powers.
    Yeah, he should be the kind of fighter from whom there are no safe distances.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Yeah, he should be the kind of fighter from whom there are no safe distances.
    I love this. Can we make this canon?
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Scott's gonna be all passive aggressive about how he "has" to let his son go to a death tournament.

But then XM 16 happens.
    Reiterating my prediction that Krakoa's war leader will negotiate a peace treaty/merger behind the back of Krakoa's politicians.

Cyke: "Alright, phallus-worshiping and satellite book placement season is over. Apocalypse's a jerk, we're a bunch of fools, we're going to have to deal with that and no, we're not going to keep cock-blocking the Big Guy after everything he's done for us. Stop being so melodramatic and get back to your freakin' stations. Sheesh."

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I love this. Can we make this canon?
    It is already canon that Cyclops is an expert in close combat but he rarely needs to prove it. He has black belts in judo and aikido.

It is already canon that Cyclops is an expert in close combat but he rarely needs to prove it. He has black belts in judo and aikido.
    By comic book standards, that really isn't saying much.
    Last edited by SpiderClops; 10-09-2020 at 06:19 AM.

Given the fact that Cyclops blast are supposed to be lethal to normal humans, that he is paranoid about his inability to control them, is logical to presume that he would focus on different forms of combat that would not entail in him killing his oponents.
    Also, considering that he used to spend twice more time on the Danger Room than the rest of the x-men, he should be, and in my headcannon he is, a powerhouse in hand-to-hand combat.

Unfortunately, most writers only show him standing while shooting blast on his enemies, and the worst part is that because he only uses his eye beams, they have became as effective as throwing baseballs, they are most of the time basically long range punches.
    If Cyclops is surronded by a dozen henchmen instead of fighting them, he will most of the time shoot a blast on a wall, have it zig zag and knock out the bad guys. Wha is bs, because the only thing those scenes accomplish is making Cyclops look like he doesn't know how to fight and that his energy blasts are ****.
    Last edited by Ra-El; 10-09-2020 at 06:42 AM.

Where would y’all want to see Cyke ranked among the CQC types at Marvel?
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    By comic book standards, that really isn't saying much.
    He is not Daredevil or Shang-Chi but he is enough to defend himself.

For example his fight in jail after AvsX.

Yeah, but even then.

Okay, he's no Daredevil or Shag Chi. I'm fine with that. But I doubt he's even at the level of Hawkeye. Now that bothers me. Because he should be at the level of Black Widow at the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Yeah, but even then.

Okay, he's no Daredevil or Shag Chi. I'm fine with that. But I doubt he's even at the level of Hawkeye. Now that bothers me. Because he should be at the level of Black Widow at the very least.
    If you trust Marvel's stats, Scott has a CQC ability similar to Spider-man, Doctor Doom, Thor, Captain Marvel or Moon Knight.

Sounds very reasonable to me.

If you trust Marvel's stats, Scott has a CQC ability similar to Spider-man, Doctor Doom, Thor, Captain Marvel or Moon Knight.

Sounds very reasonable to me.
    I guess my issue is we don't see it. Other characters might have superior powers, but if the situation calls for close quarters, Cyke should be doing more than blasting-in-place.

Plus, with everything implied about his powers, he should've moved up a little in the stats.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

The issue here isn't that it isn't canon, but that it isn't shown often enough to stick in reader memory. If you didn't read that particular issue, you probably think Scott is about as agile as an overweight guy at the tail end of middle age, since he gets hit with random bricks more often than he has good hand to hand showings - and during the Hitlerclops push you'd probably think his aim is about as good as someone picking up a gun for the very first time since he didn't use bouncing shots much anymore and everyone seems to be able to dodge his blasts with ease. Seems the Danger Room is a worse than useless tool - because in many cases he would have been better off going to a local target range and taking a ballet class after than spending any time there, for all of the good it did him when it became time for the writers and artists to remember what he is supposed to be capable of.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    The issue here isn't that it isn't canon, but that it isn't shown often enough to stick in reader memory. If you didn't read that particular issue, you probably think Scott is about as agile as an overweight guy at the tail end of middle age, since he gets hit with random bricks more often than he has good hand to hand showings - and during the Hitlerclops push you'd probably think his aim is about as good as someone picking up a gun for the very first time since he didn't use bouncing shots much anymore and everyone seems to be able to dodge his blasts with ease. Seems the Danger Room is a worse than useless tool - because in many cases he would have been better off going to a local target range and taking a ballet class after than spending any time there, for all of the good it did him when it became time for the writers and artists to remember what he is supposed to be capable of.
    I put this on the editors. They have to know and should interject when a logical/narrative inconsistency arises.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.