Page 75 of 149 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 2233
    Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Jean is his family and pissing her off shouldnt go over well, especially since Beast really made her mad. I dont expect to see it but it would make sense that she would talk to Scott about what happened
    Unfortunately, I doubt we'll see Scott confront Beast about anything at this point. It all does seem rather odd though considering the past. I wonder what Cyclops actually knows about the current XForce at this point? I feel like he might be kept in the dark about a lot.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Honestly, I would prefer if Hickman have chosen other character to be the recurring character of his X-Men. Cyclops is basically just a guest star in whatever story Hickman tells each issue.

I always disagreed when people would say they could have replaced Cyclops on his role on X-Men in the post-Morrison era until AvX, and the story would be the same. But now I feel they actually can put someone else on Cyclops role and all the issues of Hix-men would be the same.

Maybe we, as Cyclops fans would be best served with him in some other tittle, because with Hickman we get zero character work.
    Just my opinion. I think I said it before.

I don’t know, sometimes less is more.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Unfortunately, I doubt we'll see Scott confront Beast about anything at this point. It all does seem rather odd though considering the past. I wonder what Cyclops actually knows about the current XForce at this point? I feel like he might be kept in the dark about a lot.
    Ah so we're back in the Remender XF days. No one tell Scott or he'll go NUCLEAR!
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Honestly, I would prefer if Hickman have chosen other character to be the recurring character of his X-Men. Cyclops is basically just a guest star in whatever story Hickman tells each issue.

I always disagreed when people would say they could have replaced Cyclops on his role on X-Men in the post-Morrison era until AvX, and the story would be the same. But now I feel they actually can put someone else on Cyclops role and all the issues of Hix-men would be the same.

Maybe we, as Cyclops fans would be best served with him in some other tittle, because with Hickman we get zero character work.
    I'm not all caught up, only up to issue #4 and any spoilers I've caught for the later issue, but I'm still hoping that Hickman has something better in store for him eventually.

Then I remember that he built him up to be Phoenix in Secret Wars only to end it with that confrontation with Dr. Doom and I'm not so confident about it anymore.

Jean mentions X-Force when they are in that Tiki Bar.

It is difficult to know what Scott thinks about it but it seems that he wants to know as little as possible about it.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Jean mentions X-Force when they are in that Tiki Bar.

It is difficult to know what Scott thinks about it but it seems that he wants to know as little as possible about it.
    Given all the **** he got for starting X-Force in a much more difficult situation for mutantkind, I find it understandable that he'd want to retain his innocence for when someone will judge the current version's actions one day.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

With QQ being killed often while on missions (and having to fast track into the RP)...Sage on intel...Forge providing weaponry...the others would clearly have to know what X-Force gets up to.
    They're using the Gates...so Krakoa and Doug knows what they're up to. And by extension, Xavier (this started with him getting killed) and the QC.

They all know, including Scott as a Captain, the necessity of what they're trying to achieve through the various teams. It's more of "You have your stuff to do...I have my stuff to do...Let's get it done" attitude.

What they won't be privy to, in X-Force's, case is Beast's cover-up and secret behind the scene machinations which he told no-one...and which came back to bite him, hard.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Joerules on Instagram is doing Julyclops! Every day for the month of July, he'll post a different headsketch of Cyke. His work is awesome!

Here's Cyke from day 1:

82774460_194324452019818_5626796817706194239_n.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Amacent View Post
    Joerules on Instagram is doing Julyclops! Every day for the month of July, he'll post a different headsketch of Cyke. His work is awesome!

Here's Cyke from day 1:

82774460_194324452019818_5626796817706194239_n.jpg
    Ohh looks nice, going to look into this art.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post

No one likes it when I say this about Hickman.
    I never once felt like Scott has been leading anything. I am tired of it and choose to drop x men books. I will let this story play out, the virus set back a few so it feel like ages with no Cyclops.

Astonishing Member

I miss this Cyclops. Compassionate, inspiring, and being inclusive to non-mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by DianaWw View Post
    No one likes it when I say this about Hickman.
    I never once felt like Scott has been leading anything. I am tired of it and choose to drop x men books. I will let this story play out, the virus set back a few so it feel like ages with no Cyclops.
    I'm not expecting much with Scott from Hickman until phase 2 of the meta-plot kicks in. Phase 1 is setting the board and putting the pieces into place to disrupt the new status quo. There isn't much room for a 'true believer' to have any story until the reasons to lose that faith start falling into place. Then you get one of two possible arcs - what happens when they no longer believe, or how far will they go in order to keep that belief?
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I don’t know, sometimes less is more.
    I would agree with this. On the other hand Scott is being set up for something. Emphasizing his view towards his family makes it seem as if that will be the catalyst for change. I just hope it isn't negative...

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I'm not expecting much with Scott from Hickman until phase 2 of the meta-plot kicks in. Phase 1 is setting the board and putting the pieces into place to disrupt the new status quo. There isn't much room for a 'true believer' to have any story until the reasons to lose that faith start falling into place. Then you get one of two possible arcs - what happens when they no longer believe, or how far will they go in order to keep that belief?
    Pretty much what I'm thinking. I hope it isn't the second however. Or if it is, he hopefully doesn't end up crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    I miss this Cyclops. Compassionate, inspiring, and being inclusive to non-mutants.
    I'm not sure he lacks those qualities currently. I would agree however in seeing more similar moments.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 07-09-2020 at 10:26 PM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Spectacular Member

I would agree with this. On the other hand Scott is being set up for something. Emphasizing his view towards his family makes it seem as if that will be the catalyst for change. I just hope it isn't negative...

Pretty much what I'm thinking. I hope it isn't the second however. Or if it is, he hopefully doesn't end up crazy.

I'm not sure he lacks those qualities currently. I would agree however in seeing more similar moments.
    Agreed, I really hope he comes out of this whole thing having the moral high-ground after all the years of rrrhate.