Page 139 of 149 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,085 of 2233

At what point does he retroactively hurt his run with commentary like this? SMH, it didn't make sense then, it doesn't make sense now.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Amazing Member

For me it exposes him for the human he is. A lot of people view him as a writer who can do no wrong and his word is final. Its comments like this and a lack of self-awareness with what he did with other "heros" that takes him off said pedestal for me. He's done a lot of great things but in the end he's just one of many writers for the titles. He loses the ownership of the X-Men that I know many fans give him in their minds. I owe him a lot of great reads, but no one is perfect. I will admit though that it makes me a bit angrier when I read things like the Xavier stuff or Wolverine instigating a fight with Colossus and Juggernaut in a populated bar just because Pete dumped Kitty (that is such a "right reason", isn't it? I guess its great that writers can control things like accidental death of civilians in such a super powered bar brawl that demolished a building. Lucky Wolverine and Jugs had the cash to pay for an entire building. Wonder if loss of wages was in that wad of cash Marko tossed them too.)
    Last edited by Cyked; 11-29-2020 at 11:43 AM.

A09F957D-2FED-434A-95E2-F0873088884C.jpg

Sinister using cyclops optic blast

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    He is still deciding where he should put his second house in the moon, it has to be just the right spot you know.
    This made me think about how the plumbing works. Then again I don't want to know.

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    Well, his genetic material definitely seems to get around...
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    This made me think about how the plumbing works. Then again I don't want to know.

Well, his genetic material definitely seems to get around...
    Oh it does I’ve done extensive research on the matter. For the most part the clones are forgotten about but are still around

Quote Originally Posted by Cyked View Post
    He himself wrote Xavier into a sexual predator.
    When did he do that?

Amazing Member

X-Men and the Micronauts, Xaviers "dark side" which they make clear is him, just all his dark wishes literally tries to force himself on Kitty and literally mind rapes Dani (look up the panels, Dani is really messed up as he monologues about not denying himself the pleasure of all these young "play things" and uses his telepathy to have Dani (15 years old and his legal ward as well as student) in the "throes of indescribable pleasure" and he promises to give her more if she obeys him. Its not hard to find if you google X-Men and the Micronauts, Xavier and Dani. I read the series and context didn't save him really since its made clear its his dark passions taking over....why? Reasons?

I have never seen any other telepath get to act on their dark impulses without an outside reason(Phoenix) or at least owning it was all on them (Emma). The X-Men with Xavier just congratulate him for being able to eventually overcome himself.

Then you have Uncanny X-Men #161 where Gabrielle Haller is brought in. Shes a woman who has been catatonic since age 10 due to severe trauma and Xavier uses his telepathy to cure her. The issue later goes on to talk about how Xavier and Magnito help her "bridge the gulf between child- and adulthood", heavily implying that yes, when she woke up not only did she have the life experience of a 10 yr old ( with a horrible past) but the emotional maturity. She makes a move on Xavier, he has a thought blurb about how wrong this is because she doesn't really love him but well they both want it so its ok. Keep in mind the huge power imbalance (emotional maturity), the use of telepathy, and the fact he is her therapist. That only gets worse later under Hickman pen when Moira writes about how she and Xavier were actively looking for mates to birth reality warping children.
    Last edited by Cyked; 11-30-2020 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Typing on my phone.

Scott now has junk in the trunk.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyked View Post
    For me it exposes him for the human he is. A lot of people view him as a writer who can do no wrong and his word is final. Its comments like this and a lack of self-awareness with what he did with other "heros" that takes him off said pedestal for me. He's done a lot of great things but in the end he's just one of many writers for the titles. He loses the ownership of the X-Men that I know many fans give him in their minds. I owe him a lot of great reads, but no one is perfect. I will admit though that it makes me a bit angrier when I read things like the Xavier stuff or Wolverine instigating a fight with Colossus and Juggernaut in a populated bar just because Pete dumped Kitty (that is such a "right reason", isn't it? I guess its great that writers can control things like accidental death of civilians in such a super powered bar brawl that demolished a building. Lucky Wolverine and Jugs had the cash to pay for an entire building. Wonder if loss of wages was in that wad of cash Marko tossed them too.)
    It is weird they were upset that Peter dumped Kitty, but due to the age difference they probably shouldn't have been fine with it to begin with and breaking it off was the right call. Then again, they all collectively let Scott rush into his mental breakdown marriage and Kurt's banging his sister, so maybe we're expecting too much from this crowd?

There is also the fact that Logan doesn't seem like the better option than Scott when Logan was carrying a picture of Jean that she didn't know he had (and had the other half, presumably with Scott in it, torn off) and thinking to himself "I HAD PLANS FOR US." His "Jean was always really in love with Logan" retcons do not mesh with that early stuff at all. Logan was more interesting as a creeper who got over it when he met Mariko while Jean was only interested in Scott. I'm team Jean/Scott of the two, but she might be better off with neither if we add all the stuff up.

May wanna take that to xcresence.

But yeah. The Maddie Saga is something(still need to read it).
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post

Is that a new development? I mean, I didn't think he was at Nightwing level, but I thought he had a respectable showing?
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    It is weird they were upset that Peter dumped Kitty, but due to the age difference they probably shouldn't have been fine with it to begin with and breaking it off was the right call. Then again, they all collectively let Scott rush into his mental breakdown marriage and Kurt's banging his sister, so maybe we're expecting too much from this crowd?

There is also the fact that Logan doesn't seem like the better option than Scott when Logan was carrying a picture of Jean that she didn't know he had (and had the other half, presumably with Scott in it, torn off) and thinking to himself "I HAD PLANS FOR US." His "Jean was always really in love with Logan" retcons do not mesh with that early stuff at all. Logan was more interesting as a creeper who got over it when he met Mariko while Jean was only interested in Scott. I'm team Jean/Scott of the two, but she might be better off with neither if we add all the stuff up.
    Shipping is ruining everything - and I really truly mean that. Comic books, tv shows, films, video games, it's all being hurt by shipping.

More seriously, there is more to Scott (or Jean or Logan) than who he is or was sleeping with but to some people, for good or bad, that's what defines him (them) and I think that's a shame.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Shipping is ruining everything - and I really truly mean that. Comic books, tv shows, films, video games, it's all being hurt by shipping.

More seriously, there is more to Scott (or Jean or Logan) than who he is or was sleeping with but to some people, for good or bad, that's what defines him (them) and I think that's a shame.
    Cannot agree enough. Sometimes the ships remind me of the old fable of the dog in the manger. For many its more about their character "winning" then anything else.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

It can definitely spoil the fun at times.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Lol
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 11-30-2020 at 08:48 PM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Is that a new development? I mean, I didn't think he was at Nightwing level, but I thought he had a respectable showing?
    Scott got them cakes!