Page 78 of 149 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 2233
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Apparently Cyclops is his favorite X-Men (and Wolverine) so chances are that his take is decent at least.
    Are you referring to X-Men Monday? I vaguely recall Stegman saying that his favorite character was Wolverine. Not Cates.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    I'm quite curious as well. Also his inclusion is quite a nice surprise.

A reference to that past arc would be somewhat nice. However, it feels like wishful thinking.
    Venom and Cyclops one issue i never knew i needed this in my life xD

I'm quite curious as well. Also his inclusion is quite a nice surprise.

A reference to that past arc would be somewhat nice. However, it feels like wishful thinking.
    I hope he has a role and not just something on a cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Are you referring to X-Men Monday? I vaguely recall Stegman saying that his favorite character was Wolverine. Not Cates.
    Cates said his favorite X-Men were Wolverine, Cyclops and Gambit.

Cyclops was also a favorite of Mark Waid and Al Ewing.

i came to understand that when writers say This character is my favorite is 50/50 or it be really good or really bad xD

Quote Originally Posted by bell View Post
    i came to understand that when writers say This character is my favorite is 50/50 or it be really good or really bad xD
    The problem is that half the people who says Cyclops is their favorite are talking about Claremont's, probably the mope fase, when he lost to Storm because of PIS.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    The problem is that half the people who says Cyclops is their favorite are talking about Claremont's, probably the mope fase, when he lost to Storm because of PIS.
    I hate that fight so much. It doesn't make any sense.

-It's clear that the writing is biased towards Storm. It was a time when she was beating Callisto in a knife fight.

-She wins the fight by removing Scott's visor because she knows Scott wouldn't want to seriously hurt her. How the hell is that a win? Imagine if Scott was a supervillain, her strategy would backfire on her so badly.

-If you look at the panel where she snaches away Scott's visor(again goes to show how much biased the writing was), you can see that if Scott hadn't closed his eyes quickly enough, Storm would've lost the lower part of her body.

-At the most basic level, it's the classic case of a non-powered person beating a person with superpowers because it's cool. Logic and reason be dammed.

-Forgetting all that, in what freaking world is a one on one duel a deciding factor for a leadership role?! Leaders aren't supposed to be the most powerful or even the smartest person on the team.
    Last edited by SpiderClops; 07-12-2020 at 09:07 PM.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DianaWw View Post
    I hope he has a role and not just something on a cover.
    Yeah, that would be disappointing. In many ways...

Quote Originally Posted by bell View Post
    True. Though, as of now the bar is set rather low for me in terms of expectations. As long as he doesn't do anything controversial, that's a win to me.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I hate that fight so much. It doesn't make any sense.

-It's clear that the writing is biased towards Storm. It was a time when she was beating Callisto in a knife fight.

-She wins the fight by removing Scott's visor because she knows Scott wouldn't want to seriously hurt her. How the hell is that a win? Imagine if Scott was a supervillain, her strategy would backfire on her so badly.

-If you look at the panel where she snaches away Scott's visor(again goes to show how much biased the writing was), you can see that if Scott hadn't closed his eyes quickly enough, Storm would've lost the lower part of her body.

-At the moat basic level, it's the classic case of a non-powered person beating a person with superpowers because it's more cool. Logic and reason be dammed.

-Forgetting all that, in what freaking world is a one on one duel a deciding factor for a leadership role?! Leaders aren't supposed to be the most powerful or even the smartest person on the team.
    I though Maddie interfered? Or is that just disregarded?

Either way, I think the weirder part is that most of it probably could have been solved with a conversation. It seemed pretty obvious that Cyclops was conflicted. Him being forced away seemed odd.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 07-12-2020 at 09:05 PM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Yeah, that would be disappointing. In many ways...

True. Though, as of now the bar is set rather low for me in terms of expectations. As long as he doesn't do anything controversial, that's a win to me.

I though Maddie interfered? Or is that just disregarded?

Either way, I think the weirder part is that most of it probably could have been solved with a conversation. It seemed pretty obvious that Cyclops was conflicted. Him being forced away seemed odd.
    It was more like Scott lost because he was having trouble deciding between being a hero or a family man and his dicussion with Maddie before the figth leave him unfocussed. I don't remember if it was said that Maddie actually intervened in the figth with his powers thougth.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

It was more like Scott lost because he was having trouble deciding between being a hero or a family man and his dicussion with Maddie before the figth leave him unfocussed. I don't remember if it was said that Maddie actually intervened in the figth with his powers thougth.
    It's a small line in Inferno. Maddie mentions that she felt the need to humiliate Scott to make him leave the X-men. There really aren't any specifics other than her saying she intervened and was the actual winner.

That being said, it seems mostly disregarded. As you mentioned, the common interpretation just seems to be that Cyclops wasn't focused. Either way, to me it felt like a bad sign that the solution was a challenge. I guess that's why it may have been brought up later.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

BANNED

It's a small line in Inferno. Maddie mentions that she felt the need to humiliate Scott to make him leave the X-men. There really aren't any specifics other than her saying she intervened and was the actual winner.

That being said, it seems mostly disregarded. As you mentioned, the common interpretation just seems to be that Cyclops wasn't focused. Either way, to me it felt like a bad sign that the solution was a challenge. I guess that's why it may have been brought up later.

That's very helpful. Thanks for posting.

In all fairness, I feel that a lot of the dialogue in Inferno is typically disregarded as Scott was viewed nonredeemable for leaving Maddie. Admittedly, it does come off that way, but the whole thing was a complete mess.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

In the fight itself it can be seen that Cyclops is not focused.

Later it was added that Maddie used her telepathy to make this affect him even more.

I honestly don't need Maddie's part to think Storm would win. All she needs to do is take off his visor because she knows Scott is a good man and he won't use his optic blast against her without the visor. It would kill her instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    In the fight itself it can be seen that Cyclops is not focused.

Later it was added that Maddie used her telepathy to make this affect him even more.

I honestly don't need Maddie's part to think Storm would win. All she needs to do is take off his visor because she knows Scott is a good man and he won't use his optic blast against her without the visor. It would kill her instantly.
    Not currently. Cyclops optic blast are basically long range punchs now.

In any case Storm won the fight, didn't do it in a honest way and Maddie was messing with Cyclops.

I can see why so many people want to see Maddie back and Cyclops reaction. I wonder if she is pretending to be Emma again and sleeping with Scott. She has done it before.