Page 119 of 149 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 2233

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    lol, yeah, the one about his accursed power?
    Yeah that one lol.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Well, i could swear that there was a scene when Scott was basically screaming to the narration boxes in the early Claremont/Cockrum days in Uncanny X-Men. So close enougth.
    Giant size #1.

"Killed by my eyes! My cursed, mutant, energy blasting eyes!"
    Dark does not mean deep.

So, Cyclops powers are what? He produces the energy blasts, he absorbs solar energy and turn it into the blasts or is the inter-dimensional thing?

What's your preferences? My choice would be the interdimension route, I just think it creates more story opportunities, my other choice would be te first, Cyclops just generates his on energy.
    I don't like the solar energy thing, because is used a lot by other characters.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

I think the inter-dimension route is silly and nonsensical even for comic book standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    I think the inter-dimension route is silly and nonsensical even for comic book standards.
    What I like about that option, is that it basically gives Cyclops his "own" dimension to explore and raises a lot of interesting story possiblities. For example, some tech that makes dimensional travel impossible, would it also affect Cyclops powers?

I think the interdimensional route might be more palatable if it wasn't a link to a "punch dimension' or whatever, but instead some sort of bleed energy between Marvel's multiple universes.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

I think the interdimensional route might be more palatable if it wasn't a link to a "punch dimension' or whatever, but instead some sort of bleed energy between Marvel's multiple universes.
    I agree they should change the name of the dimension, and I like the bleed energy idea.

Is just this old idea i have, that with Lovecraft Country have came back, but I would love to some Cthulhu-esque eldric god type being from wherever place Cyclops "steals" energy from noticing him and discovering the 616 universe.

It would be just another arc on my Cyclops dream solo, just like it would also have a murder mystery arc on Alaska, a spy thriller around the globe, a noir story on NY guest-starring Colleen Wing, a space heist with the Starjammers, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    I agree they should change the name of the dimension, and I like the bleed energy idea.

Is just this old idea i have, that with Lovecraft Country have came back, but I would love to some Cthulhu-esque eldric god type being from wherever place Cyclops "steals" energy from noticing him and discovering the 616 universe.

It would be just another arc on my Cyclops dream solo, just like it would also have a murder mystery arc on Alaska, a spy thriller around the globe, a noir story on NY guest-starring Colleen Wing, a space heist with the Starjammers, etc.
    There could be a multiversal council who hunts down people like Cyclops, who use that bleed energy for their power(s), because that eldritch god will be freed the more that energy is used up. They could be the connective tissue between all of your ideas.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

There could be a multiversal council who hunts down people like Cyclops, who use that bleed energy for their power(s), because that eldritch god will be freed the more that energy is used up. They could be the connective tissue between all of your ideas.
    Exactly. I have this idea, of a comic starting with Cyclops fighting some average villain, he is using his powers, in next page a Cthulhu like creature appears in the middle of the fight and start trashing everything, at first it looks like is barely corporeal, but it start growing and become more solid. It just go on killing and destroying. Next page is planet viewed from space, broken by tentacles while the creature devours it, the caption would be Earth whatever number they like. Then regular Cyclops.

Man, is good to dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    There was a fan concept a while back where the person behind it used the portal idea to explore possible power growth - namely the ability to open those mini-portals elsewhere to get different effects. The concussive force is just where those portals defaulted to when his powers manifested.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Man, I really want to read your story Ra-El.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Exactly. I have this idea, of a comic starting with Cyclops fighting some average villain, he is using his powers, in next page a Cthulhu like creature appears in the middle of the fight and start trashing everything, at first it looks like is barely corporeal, but it start growing and become more solid. It just go on killing and destroying. Next page is planet viewed from space, broken by tentacles while the creature devours it, the caption would be Earth whatever number they like. Then regular Cyclops.

Man, is good to dream.
    Ah, a classic fake out. So, would there be an eldritch abomination for each universe or is each one just an emanation of the real deal? And are all energy users tied to it or is it only the Cyclops' of the multiverse?
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Mighty Member

Surprised no one made note of this from one of the marvel teasers. Following this latest cable, it says a lot.

It is known.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    Surprised no one made note of this from one of the marvel teasers. Following this latest cable, it says a lot.

Isn't that from when they first found Summoner and cable accidentally tried to blow him up with grenade?