Page 138 of 149 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148 ... LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 2233

7D1226D9-C3D8-40DE-8C68-9CE57712BB96.jpg

Breeding

Like their avian ancestors, the Shi’ar still conceive their offspring as eggs. These eggs are nurtured in special chambers on “The Aeriea,” another name for their native planet Chandilar, and the children are referred to as Hatchlings. Apparently, Shi’ar genes allow some crossbreeding; Adam-X is rumored to be the child of a D’Ken and a human mother, and the human mutant Vulcan and Shi’ar Empress Deathbird were able to conceive a child.

So, do we know what the fateful decision that Cyclops made is yet?
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    He is still deciding where he should put his second house in the moon, it has to be just the right spot you know.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyked View Post
    Toss in later Jean comes back to life (a serious issue no one in real life will really ever have to actually deal with, let's be honest here). Was leaving for X-Factor to see Jean bad move on his part? Sure, I won't deny that. However its a situation none of us will ever be in, and to me comes off as a rather human thing. He didn't instantly pick things up with Jean where they left off, he spends several issues in X-Factor trying to reconnect with Maddie and blames himself for his actions. Its one big mess but I feel its rather realistic, because real people aren't paragons. It was at least an issue he felt horrible over for a long while. I could go into the sins of other X-Men who never have to deal with their issues, both in print and fan anger. I get this isn't really the frame for that so I'm not going to. I just feel that Cyke often takes a hit here without people walking a mile his his gold pirate boots.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    I think this is a good point to make. That would definitely be an awkward situation. Your old love is supposedly back from the dead. What do you do?
    I've never visited this thread, so these Claremont comments are news to me. They are pretty lol worthy though. Like, Chris we love you and your original run is overall the best X-run ever and Cyclops was great in the pre-Maddie stuff. But Just Get Over It Already. His original plans for the Scott/Maddie marriage were absolutely terrible. No sane person would think rushing into a marriage with a woman you hardly know who looks just like your dead girlfriend is a remotely good idea, but he thinks it was a perfect happy ending? Maddie was demonized by certain writers far too much, but the clone/Goblyn Queen stuff made her a vastly more interesting character than she ever would have been without it.

And yes, Scott behaved badly in the very badly written X-Factor issues, but I agree with this point that Jean coming back from the dead is not something anyone would have to deal with IRL. Of course he acted like a mess, anybody would. Also, I think it happened in X-Factor #1 but Jean marching into the room with a big grin on her face saying "Guess who's back!" to Warren, Bobby and Hank after the traumatizing DPS is the lamest/funniest thing ever.

People really zone in on Scott and Maddie, and Claremont talks about how that story ruined Scott as a hero, but no one talks about Xavier in Uncanny X-Men #161 or his acts in X-Men and the Micronauts, all under Claremont's pen.
    Stuff like this is why I feel Hickman's Xavier having shady moments that don't seem heroic seems 100% on brand.

And yes, Scott was very awesome in X-Men #15 and Destruction.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

He essentially made the X-men a completely autonomous part of Krakoa, with no relation to the government, even though it can cooperate with them, like, say, the Fantastic Four.

Mighty Member

Not yet. He's still picking out XMas presents for the kids.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    He is still deciding where he should put his second house in the moon, it has to be just the right spot you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    Not yet. He's still picking out XMas presents for the kids.
    Both are very big decisions. This checks out.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    He essentially made the X-men a completely autonomous part of Krakoa, with no relation to the government, even though it can cooperate with them, like, say, the Fantastic Four.
    I was under the impression that unless the QC specifically gave Cyke a mission, as Captain Commander he had the authority to send out X-Men on missions separate from the QC's goals.

So, what does this mean? Is this supposed to lay seeds for another Schism?
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Spectacular Member

I was under the impression that unless the QC specifically gave Cyke a mission, as Captain Commander he had the authority to send out X-Men on missions separate from the QC's goals.
    Didn't the data pages from HoX/PoX already say that captains can overrule the Council in times of war? Which is why I don't think that he's out of the job as some people seem to believe. I can't remember but wasn't there an interview somewhere where Hickman said that after the event, the X-men book is gonna be a whole lot more focused on a storyline? I can see that the big decision for Scott here is having a formal X-men team that will be the heroes, maybe even actually help out characters outside of just mutants. Now maybe that is the decision that will kick him out since they're not at war now, its still possible the Council will agree or have the votes be in favor of letting Scott do it since it will create a risk of rebellion happening if they don't have Scott on their side.

Quote Originally Posted by silvercover View Post
    Didn't the data pages from HoX/PoX already say that captains can overrule the Council in times of war? Which is why I don't think that he's out of the job as some people seem to believe. I can't remember but wasn't there an interview somewhere where Hickman said that after the event, the X-men book is gonna be a whole lot more focused on a storyline? I can see that the big decision for Scott here is having a formal X-men team that will be the heroes, maybe even actually help out characters outside of just mutants. Now maybe that is the decision that will kick him out since they're not at war now, its still possible the Council will agree or have the votes be in favor of letting Scott do it since it will create a risk of rebellion happening if they don't have Scott on their side.
    I think that override was particular to Cyclops as he's the Captain Commander - if every Captain could do that it would be chaotic.

If the X-Men book is really gonna start focusing now that we're past the XoS fiasco, I might keep the book after all.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Yeah, the only one who can override the QC is the Captain Commander and it's only in the field(aside from Charles/Mags/Poccy, IIRC) and in times of war.

If Scott's going to get an X-Men team that exists outside of the Council's control, then I hope Hickman gives him a deep bench of characters not involved with other books at the moment. Hell, their first mission could be dealing with the Children of the Vault and saving the team stuck in there.

1294B5C4-251C-4412-8487-F822B2DE76F6.jpg

My theory mr sinister used black wombs dna from her unborn children to make gambit

People really zone in on Scott and Maddie, and Claremont talks about how that story ruined Scott as a hero, but no one talks about Xavier in Uncanny X-Men #161 or his acts in X-Men and the Micronauts, all under Claremont's pen.
    Enslaving Danger, becoming Onslaught and Deadly Genesis all seem to be much bigger black marks on Xavier in the eyes of fans.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Enslaving Danger, becoming Onslaught and Deadly Genesis all seem to be much bigger black marks on Xavier in the eyes of fans.
    I bring up my point specifically because unlike Scott leaving Maddie, this was under Claremonts pen. He himself wrote Xavier into a sexual predator.