Page 61 of 149 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111 ... LastLast

All of the AvsX fault was because they when to Wolverine and Iron man fult the p5 got the pf.

Colosuss didnt go into hiding because his crimes it was because he was unable to controll his powers .....

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    I bothers me to no end when people are like, AvX "is one of the best stories" or "it should be adapted into a movie". How can they view it as not just character assesination across the board? I will never understand how Cyke and co, but mostly Cyke, got so much of the hate after it considering how it went down.
    I think, in the hands of, say, the Russo brothers, the MCU could churn a better AvX. I certainly liked the nuance of MCU's version of the Civil War over the comics. AvX started out well up until the P5 started improving the world--- even making a point of Colossus simply talking with an electric-based antagonist the Avengers were having difficulty punching--- and the Avengers preemptively pulling the trigger again, then crying foul that the X-Men actually retaliated. And then the Avengers proceeded to do exactly what Cyke was trying to do in the first place :x

But for AvX to really work, you need several storylines first to establish the X-Men's side of things:
    - the inciting event, House of M
    - the scope of the impact, Decimation and Endangered Species. Optional spin-off include The 198 and Childhood's End
    - the turning point, Messiah Complex, with an optional spin-off for Cable / Hope / Bishop's side of things in Messiah War
    - the mounting desperation and eventual answer in Second Coming
    - and finally the culmination in AvX, with an optional Avengers X-Sanction

And this is even before all the character work done on the Phoenix Force through Jean's storylines, Endsong (and even Warsong as a case for why Emma's averse to it). With two, er, lackluster Dark Phoenix (Saga) adaptations, casual fans likely only see the Phoenix Force as crazy Jean, rather than a cosmic being. I know my sister certainly does, and we watched X-Men:TAS together as kids.

Even if the Utopia, Fear Itself, and even Schism storylines could be omitted, that's still a lot of time and funding just for one movie (AvX).

Y'know what was actually a cool AvX? Apart from antiochene's Firebirds, that is?

The version in Marvel Avengers Alliance:

Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Avengers vs X-men had like 5 writers with big egos. That was a terrible idea and and you can see which is the scripter of each number. In Hickman's the P5 are helping the world, with Aaron they are psychopaths.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Avengers vs X-men had like 5 writers with big egos. That was a terrible idea and and you can see which is the scripter of each number. In Hickman's the P5 are helping the world, with Aaron they are psychopaths.
    Aaron was also the only X-Writer on the main book, iirc XD dude is consistent, I suppose.

They should've brought in Gillen. He was already building up AvX since the first issue of his UXM relaunch. Aaron was too busy with the Hellfire Brats.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    Aaron was also the only X-Writer on the main book, iirc XD dude is consistent, I suppose.

They should've brought in Gillen. He was already building up AvX since the first issue of his UXM relaunch. Aaron was too busy with the Hellfire Brats.
    ???? I dont get what you mean. There were two main books during AvX and Gillen was writing the other

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    ???? I dont get what you mean. There were two main books during AvX and Gillen was writing the other
    Gillen had no input in AvX, and neither did the X-men editor at the time, Nick Lowe. The book was entirely made by Breevort and the Avengers office.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Gillen had no input in AvX, and neither did the X-men editor at the time, Nick Lowe. The book was entirely made by Breevort and the Avengers office.
    I misunderstood what he wrote. It was about Aaron on the main mini series not main X-book
    Last edited by Havok83; 05-22-2020 at 04:48 PM.

Scott & Jean by Lukas Werneck.

I created a blog. This is my first post there.

The Bizarrely Bad Portrayal of Cyclops in X-Men Moives

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Fraction genuinely thinking Emma wasn't portrayed as axe-crazy evil will never not be hilarious.

I dunno. Gillen's victim-complex-ridden goody-two-shoed X-Liberals were just as bad as Aaron's and most of his Uncanny arcs ended on a 'So that's it, huh?' note. I'll give it to you, though, the overall narrative probably would have been more coherent.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    I dunno. Gillen's victim-complex-ridden goody-two-shoed X-Liberals were just as bad as Aaron's and most of his Uncanny arcs ended on a 'So that's it, huh?' note. I'll give it to you, though, the overall narrative probably would have been more coherent.
    All this reminiscing about Gillen's run makes me wish we had Danger, Nemesis, and Madison Jeffries back as the Scitech Team supporting Cyke and the X-Men. But bringing them back might just reinforced how much Krakoa is Utopia 2.0, so... yeah.
    Let your wallet talk.

Spectacular Member

All this reminiscing about Gillen's run makes me wish we had Danger, Nemesis, and Madison Jeffries back as the Scitech Team supporting Cyke and the X-Men. But bringing them back might just reinforced how much Krakoa is Utopia 2.0, so... yeah.
    I've just read X-Club over the weekend and it was pretty nuts, but still a fun read.

And now I've also read Avengers: X-Sanction and I feel like this panel tends to get forgotten a lot of time when discussing AvX and the reason why Cyclops didn't comply with Cap's request to give Hope into the Avengers custody.

Screenshot_20200525-194034_Marvel Unlimited.jpg

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by cyclops_was_right View Post
    I've just read X-Club over the weekend and it was pretty nuts, but still a fun read.

And now I've also read Avengers: X-Sanction and I feel like this panel tends to get forgotten a lot of time when discussing AvX and the reason why Cyclops didn't comply with Cap's request to give Hope into the Avengers custody.

Screenshot_20200525-194034_Marvel Unlimited.jpg
    Oh, trust me. It wasn't forgotten :P much as I like the OG Cable, he did mess up here. It's weird, too, since this was in an Avengers book, but AvX and its writers completely ignored it.

Like... why publish the book in the first place? The editors really messed up there xD
    Let your wallet talk.

Spectacular Member

Oh, trust me. It wasn't forgotten :P much as I like the OG Cable, he did mess up here. It's weird, too, since this was in an Avengers book, but AvX and its writers completely ignored it.

Like... why publish the book in the first place? The editors really messed up there xD
    Well it sure felt like the writers had forgotten about it whenever the AvX topic came up after the event.

This is kinda OT, but I suppose I understand where Cable was coming from - he was convinced that he was dying for sure this time and thought he was going to save Hope's life. But it's kinda funny as his actions caused Scott to give up the anti-mutant weapons from the future to the Avengers in the first place.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Xavier: "Alright, just so we're all on the same page, Krakoa is basically Utopia on steroids, but with more Game of Thrones BS and Bond villainy, but..."
    X-Men: "Booooohhh!"
    Xavier: "You'll all have nicer houses this time around!"
    X-Men: "Yaaaayyy!"
    Xavier: "This guy, amiright?"
    Wolverine: "Nooooooo! What about the chil..."
    Cyclops: "You've got to be kidd..."
    Xavier: "Diversionary BaitShip, ACTIVATE!"
    Wolverine: "..................."
    Cyclops: "..................."
    Wolverine: "Oh, Scott."
    Cyclops: "Oh, Logan."