Page 135 of 149 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 2233
    Amazing Member

I love this thread. Its great to know I'm no where near alone as I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    https://waitingforthet.tumblr.com/day/2014/12/10

Apparently six years ago in December.
    And it originally had a bit if an author rant attached. "Why is it bad Scott killed this guy?"
    Dark does not mean deep.

Spectacular Member Ruby Quartz Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    And it originally had a bit if an author rant attached. "Why is it bad Scott killed this guy?"
    Was there indeed a huge fan backlash against Cyke for killing Xavier at the time the Phoenix Force run was released (aka AvX)?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby Quartz Diamond View Post
    Was there indeed a huge fan backlash against Cyke for killing Xavier at the time the Phoenix Force run was released (aka AvX)?
    More of a writer backlash than a fan backlash. Most of the negative fan reaction was from people who would find nearly any action wrong if Cyclops did it.
    Dark does not mean deep.

More of a writer backlash than a fan backlash. Most of the negative fan reaction was from people who would find nearly any action wrong if Cyclops did it.
    What annoys me is that it didn’t have any consequences… If someone killed you, you would be a bit angry about it, wouldn’t you? Comics are usually full of melodramas and it’s unfortunate to miss opportunities…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    What annoys me is that it didn’t have any consequences… If someone killed you, you would be a bit angry about it, wouldn’t you? Comics are usually full of melodramas and it’s unfortunate to miss opportunities…
    Instead what we got was people with much higher (and messier) body counts getting holier than though about it.

I'm on my phone so linking isn't a thing, but the same comic from above also has one retelling Xavier's death, except that he telepathically kills himself in order to have Scott blamed for it.
    Dark does not mean deep.

AvsX caused Goldballs and Tempus to get their powers, Xavier may consider it a necessary evil.

At the end of the day there was already a Phoenix Five in a previous life of Moira.

Mighty Member

This... is a joke, right?
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    This... is a joke, right?
    I think what they mean is there was never actually any closure between Scott and Xavier.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    That's terrible. I always remembered him most from his role as Miroku in Inuyasha, but his Scott was also fantastic. I'll have to introduce my nephew to X-Men Evolution ASAP.

May he rest in peace.
    Being a Scott Summers Fans was totally curse and meanwhile Wolverine get to kept the spotlight alive.

Spectacular Member Ruby Quartz Diamond's Avatar

Isn't AvX also the run that raised Cyke's popularity as a character?

At the hands of Bendis, it definitely spent more time further villainising Cyke instead of tying off loose ends.

I still haven't been able to read Excalibur #15 and XoS Destruction, but Scott has just as many panels as Apocalypse in X-Men #15

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I think what they mean is there was never actually any closure between Scott and Xavier.
    Well, there was no way that could happen because Scott died a few years later and kept being demonized through the X-Books for, approximately, 5 or 6 years. By characters, writers and editors. Hell, JDW even had a little discussion with us, in this very thread, during Rosenberg's run, and said he really felt Cyclops still had to pay for something during that time, but it would end with Rosenberg. When Xavier came back, the writers absolutely refused to have any interactions between him and Scott until Powers of X #2. Hard to have any closure, unless Hickman decides to present their reunion in a flashback. I think the opportunity for that is long past, should have happened in Rosenberg's run.

Cyclops was awesome in the final few chapters of X Of Swords today. This was definitely one of his and Jean's finest moments.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Cyclops was awesome in the final few chapters of X Of Swords today. This was definitely one of his and Jean's finest moments.
    I couldn’t agree more!!!!!!!