Page 45 of 149 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595145 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I personally suggest it, because being a caretaker seems to be something that Scott would naturally do, i'm no basing it on anything, he just struck me as that kind of guy.
    I mean, it does make some kind of sense.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Cyclops invited Wolverine on a family trip to the Shiar homeworld I think its safe to say their relationship has evolved.
    While I like both characters, I'm not sure they will be able to be close and good friends for long. Wolverine #2 showed that things could go south for them rather quickly. There's no denying that they are on good terms for now, but it's focus makes me think it will change.

Might just be the cynic in me in all honesty.

Then again, a "shake up" is supposed to happen in the near future. They might have different views when push comes to shove.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 04-05-2020 at 10:15 PM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Wolverine needs to stop killing jean

I have been thinking and I do not know why I am almost certain that at some point Xavier is going to lock Cyclops in The Pit for questioning or discovering something and that a highlight of the comic is going to be when when his optical beam is released, it will be seen in the sky from all over Krakoa, Astonishing style.

BANNED

Do you think professor x tempered with Scott's mind and everyone else to go along with his vision?

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    Do you think professor x tempered with Scott's mind and everyone else to go along with his vision?
    No. He couldn't and needn't. Jean is a more powerful telepath than he is and Krakoa is a solid plan on paper.

Fantastic Member

Jesus no, their worldviews clash too much for then to be much beyond "teamates that respect and appreciate eacth other, but really don't spend time together more than necessary".
    Do their worldviews really clash that much more than those of Logan and most other superheroes he's friends with? I think the Scott/Logan rivalry is so iconic that people sort of picture tension between them even none exists. Really, it seems to me that those two guys are on friendly terms more often than not.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Moai View Post
    Do their worldviews really clash that much more than those of Logan and most other superheroes he's friends with? I think the Scott/Logan rivalry is so iconic that people sort of picture tension between them even none exists. Really, it seems to me that those two guys are on friendly terms more often than not.
    No, but to be honest i don't think that his relationship with most of the other heroes goes beyond mutual respect, except for some of then (like Carol or Cap). Scott and him aren't rivals (most of the time) and they are perfectly capable of being civil and friendly with eacth other, i just doubt that they would to spend a lot of time around the other outside work, Logan is a killer and his first choice againts the enemy is bloody retribution, i'm pretty sure that Scott doesn't really aprove of that mentality, even if he has gotten more lose about the not killing rule (before Morrison he was the most adamant X-Men about the not-kill rule).
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

No, but to be honest i don't think that his relationship with most of the other heroes goes beyond mutual respect, except for some of then (like Carol or Cap). Scott and him aren't rivals (most of the time) and they are perfectly capable of being civil and friendly with eacth other, i just doubt that they would to spend a lot of time around the other outside work, Logan is a killer and his first choice againts the enemy is bloody retribution, i'm pretty sure that Scott doesn't really aprove of that mentality, even if he has gotten more lose about the not killing rule (before Morrison he was the most adamant X-Men about the not-kill rule).
    Yeah but then house of m happened and the whole mutant race was almost extinct. So Scott had to put his personal beliefs aside and think about the greater good and survival

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Moai View Post
    This is what happens when writers confuse real world popularity with in-universe importance. Logan shouldn't have half the friends he has. It has become so bad that his 'Loner' characterization is a bloody joke at this point.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I have been thinking and I do not know why I am almost certain that at some point Xavier is going to lock Cyclops in The Pit for questioning or discovering something and that a highlight of the comic is going to be when when his optical beam is released, it will be seen in the sky from all over Krakoa, Astonishing style.
    Scott finding out about Moira and the secret rule of the Resurrection Protocols would do the trick, I'd think. The one thing would be getting the Quiet Council to agree with it without seeming suspicious since Xavier and Mags would more than likely be the tie-breaker votes depending on which way Pocky's leaning at the moment.

I would of loved to see how Scott got the Phoenix egg and built x-nation during hickmans run in avengers time runs out.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    This is what happens when writers confuse real world popularity with in-universe importance. Logan shouldn't have half the friends he has. It has become so bad that his 'Loner' characterization is a bloody joke at this point.
    I get that his popularity means that he'll guest star in lot other heroes' books. What annoys me is when he's retconned into being old friends with them. It was fine when it turned out that he and Carol Danvers knew each other from her days in the Air Force intelligence. But they started overusing that idea with other characters. Black Widow and Captain America are the prime examples that come to mind.

Cyclops has been a workalcoholic for most of his life. It is easy to imagine why he does not get along with many other superheroes, on the outside he looks stiff as hell.

Besides, he has difficulties relating to other people. So it's easy for the others to just assume that Scott doesn't want anything from them but if you give him a chance (like the Champions), they see that he is actually nice.

Scott's problem has always been his difficulty relating to others or expressing his feelings. That's probably why telepaths tend to gravitate around him.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    At this point Scott is the lone wolf. Other then his bro and who ever he is in a relationship he is alone.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bell View Post
    At this point Scott is the lone wolf. Other then his bro and who ever he is in a relationship he is alone.
    If you mean Havok, I'm not sure I would add him either.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Cyclops has been a workalcoholic for most of his life. It is easy to imagine why he does not get along with many other superheroes, on the outside he looks stiff as hell.

Besides, he has difficulties relating to other people. So it's easy for the others to just assume that Scott doesn't want anything from them but if you give him a chance (like the Champions), they see that he is actually nice.

Scott's problem has always been his difficulty relating to others or expressing his feelings. That's probably why telepaths tend to gravitate around him.
    I would agree. The lack of a stable relationship while growing up has certainly messed with his life. Well, at least aside from anything Mr. Sinister might have influenced as well.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia