Page 109 of 149 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 2233

Quote Originally Posted by GMikey View Post
    If you all had the opportunity to give Cyclops the story and development you feel he deserves, what would it entail?

What do you like/love about the character?

Have you seen what you wanted represented well, in any media?

What do you NOT like/love about the character?

If there's a complaint about the character, or his development in Marvel media, what would it be?

If you could enhance Cyclops' in some way, what would that be, and or entail?

If you could have one wish granted, that insane fanboy/fangirl carte blanche done with Cyclops' character that you'd love so much, what would it be?
    Nice to meet you.

I like the dude due the contrast of the bundle of neurosis he carries while striving to save people. To be the guy in charge that inspires the rest to fight.

Not in the movies. They held back James Marsden and were not good. THe animated series and Xmen Evolution got it so much better. I haven't seen the Xmen Anime so I can't comment. There was nothing after that though.

Not the character but the constant need of a love triangle that comes with his position. It shoulda died away along time ago.

They only got him right in 2 animated series. The films were Fox's fault.

Cant think of anything.

12 issues solo about him in the MArvel universe without being the leader of the xmen.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

If you all had the opportunity to give Cyclops the story and development you feel he deserves, what would it entail?

If there's a complaint about the character, or his development in Marvel media, what would it be?

If you could have one wish granted, that insane fanboy/fangirl carte blanche done with Cyclops' character that you'd love so much, what would it be?
    After the years and years of TPTB dumping on him, bringing him back in Rosenberg's Uncanny to shrug and say he was wrong, and then wave it all away with the Hickman-reboot is definitely not what I wanted. I just want narrative recognition that mistakes were made - DC apologized (YMMV) for mistakes made by New 52 with Rebirth, it garnered much goodwill for them.

Scott is the guy shouldering many expectations, the guy who does the work regardless of how thankless it is.

He's only really been represented well in two animated series.

I don't think there is anything I meaningfully dislike about him specifically. Obviously, the triangle is a real pain - I'd rather have him monogamous with someone else or alone for a while.

I have too many complaints to list, but TPTB's insistence on how he must be perceived actually disgusts me.

Functionally? Scott's inability to control his optic blasts has become so intrinsic to the character that they didn't even bother to fix it with the magic plant egg Krakoa cloning process. Maybe give him a basic power boost, or a different type of blast? I'd also get rid of the skull cap.

I've actually had two ideas for Cyclops books I'd like to do: 1) using the Morrisonian approach, to take Scott and place him in a vast conspiracy orchestrated by The Devil who represents his own worst attributes (and the misconceptions readers have of him) that puts him through a gauntlet of the best and worst X-tropes and have him come through the other side Peak Cyclops (basically Batman RIP or Action Comics); 2) set some time after Cyclops' ambiguous death, people all over start manifesting his powers and the X-Men have to figure out what's going on.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    After the years and years of TPTB dumping on him, bringing him back in Rosenberg's Uncanny to shrug and say he was wrong, and then wave it all away with the Hickman-reboot is definitely not what I wanted. I just want narrative recognition that mistakes were made - DC apologized (YMMV) for mistakes made by New 52 with Rebirth, it garnered much goodwill for them..
    Yeah, but it's the same people in charge of Marvel now as it was then, and it's pretty clear they will never, ever, ever admit they were wrong (see also: One More Day)- never mind the fact that Krakoa is Utopia on steroids, but they were when Hickman took over too desperate to pass up.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Yeah, but it's the same people in charge of Marvel now as it was then, and it's pretty clear they will never, ever, ever admit they were wrong (see also: One More Day)- never mind the fact that Krakoa is Utopia on steroids, but they were when Hickman took over too desperate to pass up.
    Yeah, I know — and you’re right about Krakoa — but that’s what I want regardless.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Nice to meet you.

I like the dude due the contrast of the bundle of neurosis he carries while striving to save people. To be the guy in charge that inspires the rest to fight.

Not in the movies. They held back James Marsden and were not good. THe animated series and Xmen Evolution got it so much better. I haven't seen the Xmen Anime so I can't comment. There was nothing after that though.

Not the character but the constant need of a love triangle that comes with his position. It shoulda died away along time ago.

Cant think of anything.

12 issues solo about him in the MArvel universe without being the leader of the xmen.
    Nice to meet you too! B)

So... I'm asking these questions cuz I'm part of a massive Marvel fan collab, creating an animated/fanime tailored to fans, and the participation of fans I've actually created a preliminary thread just to let fans do some brainstorming, so the base plot already contains elements from fans.

Its late my time, so I'll jump into this, make it straight and quick lol

1. funny you mention such, as Cyclops has a mental load (due to the events of his childhood) and what builds his relationship with Jean Grey, is her helping him overcome these issues, all while he focuses on the X-Men's philosophy as his grounding mechanism, giving him meaning in his life.

2. THERE. ARE. NOOOOOOO. LOVE. TRIANGLES. We all hate that; there are moments Wolverine can't help liking Jean, and Emma trying to undermine the X-Men by trying to get to Scott, but we get a really good, solid Scott/Jean relationship. Its what all the fans msged us and wanted.

3. I agree with that. I really like this new direction for Cyclops' character, it offers way more development, and removes the constant douche-baggery that canon comics has brought into his character. Like, yes ppl have faults, this vers definitely has'em, but he IS human, and his intent, even in poor decision making, is to use his powers to bring about balance in the world.

4. LOL no prob.

5. He does take a backseat from being the frontman of the X-Men after the Phoenix Trilogy. So much tragedy does happen, tragedy that divides the original X-Men as a team, he decides to let Jean Grey take most of the lead, while his focus is on mentoring and helping to train new X-Men. That doesn't mean he looses out on the action.

You should join our thread! Share your thoughts and ideas. The idea is to create a platform for fans to brainstorm, and see their ideas cohesively manifest as a continual animation

After the years and years of TPTB dumping on him, bringing him back in Rosenberg's Uncanny to shrug and say he was wrong, and then wave it all away with the Hickman-reboot is definitely not what I wanted. I just want narrative recognition that mistakes were made - DC apologized (YMMV) for mistakes made by New 52 with Rebirth, it garnered much goodwill for them.

Scott is the guy shouldering many expectations, the guy who does the work regardless of how thankless it is.

I don't think there is anything I meaningfully dislike about him specifically. Obviously, the triangle is a real pain - I'd rather have him monogamous with someone else or alone for a while.

I have too many complaints to list, but TPTB's insistence on how he must be perceived actually disgusts me.

Functionally? Scott's inability to control his optic blasts has become so intrinsic to the character that they didn't even bother to fix it with the magic plant egg Krakoa cloning process. Maybe give him a basic power boost, or a different type of blast? I'd also get rid of the skull cap.

I've actually had two ideas for Cyclops books I'd like to do: 1) using the Morrisonian approach, to take Scott and place him in a vast conspiracy orchestrated by The Devil who represents his own worst attributes (and the misconceptions readers have of him) that puts him through a gauntlet of the best and worst X-tropes and have him come through the other side Peak Cyclops (basically Batman RIP or Action Comics); 2) set some time after Cyclops' ambiguous death, people all over start manifesting his powers and the X-Men have to figure out what's going on.
    I will reply tomorrow. Your answers requires that I'm a little more detailed, so

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Well, these are quite interesting questions. I'll try to be detailed and as unbiased as possible.

When it comes to his development/story, it's a bit messy considering everything that's happened. However, considering what has, I would say that it seemed to be a natural progression for Scott to ultimately succeed Xavier. He was shaped to be his heir/son and slowly developed his own view of the situation and world around him. That seemed to be the peak of his development. At least for me.

As for the character himself and what I think is great: He is left with an impossible task (self induced in some ways), but pushes forward for the sake of others. He's not perfect and continues to make mistakes, but he has the resolve to continue. Even if the costs are great to him personally, he'll make the tough choices he has to and be there when needed. Also, I just happen to find his strategic side to be rather interesting. He's not the strongest of the X-men but he can help to utilize the powers of others in impressive ways.

In terms of media, X-men evolution and the 90's animated series come to mind. X-men evolution may have a slightly different take on the character, but the main aspects are present.

Not sure what I don't like, except maybe the way his romantic relationships tend to be handled.

As for complaints, again, his romances. Mainly dealing with the love triangle. I feel it's been beaten to death and leads to rather terrible character writing for all involved. I would also add that it's slightly annoying for Cyclops to be viewed as the most hated X-man in recent years. A lot of the writing failed to present him as the most evil person in the MU.

I'm not sure on what I would enhance. I think it might make sense to further develop his communication skills. It has been setup in the past several times only to be torn down. Currently I think his role as a father is a slight improvement in that area. Power wise, I think it would be nice if he went back to ricochet skills. Those seem to be less used as the years go by.

As for that one wish, well, that's a bit tough oddly enough. I guess a solo, even if short and limited, to offer deeper character work. At least with present adult Cyclops that is. I think it would be interesting to delve into his thoughts a bit more. I feel a solo would have offered an opportunity for deep character work. For me it has been rather absent. Apart from being told repeatedly that he was wrong, it'd be more interesting if we saw him actually grapple with his choices in a nuanced way. Something that isn't one sided. Then again, a solo probably isn't needed for that, but his recent snap-shot is a perfect example of what I'd like for older Scott.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 09-23-2020 at 02:11 AM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Nice to meet you.

Cant think of anything.

I forgot to invite you to the discussion thread where you can share, brainstorm ideas for what you'd like to see for Cyclops' character: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...non-think-tank

Thanks for your answers!
    So to explain myself, I'm part of a Marvel fan project (like, a lotta fans) that are creating an animated universe, based on the contributions and ideas of the fandom. It all started actually with some dissatisfied with the MCU, and definitely Fox. So... I'm extending a prelimenary invitation to fans so we can discuss some basics that should be present, while the chief writers are creating the base plot to introduce. As for your answers...

1. Like I said before, we're creating a project in which puts power into the hands of the fans. We're gonna restructure a lot of things to create cohesion and consistency, rather than hope for the canon writers to ever do it

2. I think you'll like where the chief is taking his character, as she's kinda stated similar points. Due to traumatic events of his childhood, Scott has a need to use his talents for the wellbeing of others, particularly mutants. Jean Grey serves as his grounding mechanism, and their relationship is built on overcoming internal issues for said cause. Scott is declared leader, and he definitely demonstrates leadership qualities, but depicts the impact of miscalls and missteps.

3. LOL well... the animated series we're creating... it's animated once again LOL

4. There's NO LOVE TRIANGLES. I can't tell you how frantic fans demanded no love triangles. The way he and Jean are developed, it wouldn't really allow love triangles to exist. Not to say that... things do challenge their relationship, but its to build and develop what makes them strong as a couple, and strong for the team.

5. Well, our project allows the freedom for fans to cultivate for Cyclops (any character) and, with control in our hands, we can now write him the way we see fit.

6. LOL on the skull cap/cowl X'DD Um the chief hates the cowl, so nothing to worry on there. As of now, I think this version of Cyclops is unable to control his optic blasts as well, but we could let him evolve to a point beyond that, evolve other means and uses of his blasts, which all would be nice

7. That's an interesting concept. Some of what you mention I believe is somewhat gleaned on, I'd have to go over his character again. Those are some details to discuss with our writers for sure!

Check out our thread: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...non-think-tank this thread is where we discuss what we'd like to see for characters, I'll update on the project, and its the only thread on CBR that our writers are monitoring. They'll soon announce the project officially, with a trailer-teaser very soon

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Well, these are quite interesting questions. I'll try to be detailed and as unbiased as possible.

When it comes to his development/story, it's a bit messy considering everything that's happened. However, considering what has, I would say that it seemed to be a natural progression for Scott to ultimately succeed Xavier. He was shaped to be his heir/son and slowly developed his own view of the situation and world around him. That seemed to be the peak of his development. At least for me.

As for the character himself and what I think is great: He is left with an impossible task (self induced in some ways), but pushes forward for the sake of others. He's not perfect and continues to make mistakes, but he has the resolve to continue. Even if the costs are great to him personally, he'll make the tough choices he has to and be there when needed. Also, I just happen to find his strategic side to be rather interesting. He's not the strongest of the X-men but he can help to utilize the powers of others in impressive ways.

In terms of media, X-men evolution and the 90's animated series come to mind. X-men evolution may have a slightly different take on the character, but the main aspects are present.

Not sure what I don't like, except maybe the way his romantic relationships tend to be handled.

As for complaints, again, his romances. Mainly dealing with the love triangle. I feel it's been beaten to death and leads to rather terrible character writing for all involved. I would also add that it's slightly annoying for Cyclops to be viewed as the most hated X-man in recent years. A lot of the writing failed to present him as the most evil person in the MU.

I'm not sure on what I would enhance. I think it might make sense to further develop his communication skills. It has been setup in the past several times only to be torn down. Currently I think his role as a father is a slight improvement in that area. Power wise, I think it would be nice if he went back to ricochet skills. Those seem to be less used as the years go by.

As for that one wish, well, that's a bit tough oddly enough. I guess a solo, even if short and limited, to offer deeper character work. At least with present adult Cyclops that is. I think it would be interesting to delve into his thoughts a bit more. I feel a solo would have offered an opportunity for deep character work. For me it has been rather absent. Apart from being told repeatedly that he was wrong, it'd be more interesting if we saw him actually grapple with his choices in a nuanced way. Something that isn't one sided. Then again, a solo probably isn't needed for that, but his recent snap-shot is a perfect example of what I'd like for older Scott.
    Thank yo for your answers! This is like... a survey to learn what fans would want, all for a Marvel fan project, where our focus is to create a platform for fans to brainstorm on what they'd like to see for their favorite heroes, and then these fan writers and animators would bring these ideas to life

I'll get to your post shortly! ^_^

Scott is in XoS Creation. He doesnt actually do much (missed opportunity to have him lead the actual battle) but his appearance is more than a simple cameo at least. He spends the entire issue in scenes with spoilers:
    Jean and Cable, which I liked since we havent had much of those 3 together
    end of spoilers

Mighty Member

Sounds like he'll play a "minor" role up until the end (based on December solicits).

I liked the small role Cyclops played on Creation, for a character that won't be gettign any sword on this, he was pretty useful. Hope he continues this way.

It was a surprising nod to Astonishing X-Men, I didn't expect it at all. I liked it.

So, X of Swords counts as if Krakoa is on war? Because that could put Cyclops in charge of things, maybe it have something to do with X-Men 16?

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    So, X of Swords counts as if Krakoa is on war? Because that could put Cyclops in charge of things, maybe it have something to do with X-Men 16?
    No, it is explicitly not war. It is a tournament not sanctioned by the Council. If they lose and Arakko invades Krakoa, THAT would be war.