Page 26 of 149 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676126 ... LastLast

Still think that series should have went from space adventures with dad, to time adventures with son. Culminating in a space/time family adventure.

Absolutely love what they're doing with the summers family. Their house on the moon is great. Scott, imo, is the best DoX character. LOVE LOVE LOVE

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    I doubt Hickman will keep things simple as "Vulcan is a clone!", but I fully expect some variation of it. As things stand... yay for the "cloning is not resurrection" fan-faction?

-insert headcanon of Mr. Sinister selling CyClones on the Krakoan Black Market for a buck-

CyClones! CyClones e~very~wheeeeere~!

The immediate post-AvX landscape was, in my opinion, the ideal jumping point thus far to explore a Cyclops solo. He was essentially stripped of his leadership, on the run from the government, and estranged from the majority of the X-Men. Just find a guy like Geoff Johns to pull a facsimile of Green Lantern: Rebirth, or strap Gillen to a book for more Sinister v Cyke shenanigans, and we'd have had a decent shot at seeing how Cyke would function outside the main X-Book.
    Sinister secret 7!!!!

So it’s like 2 Vulcans sharing the same soul

I think we Cyclops fans should be very happy in this new era. Cyke is captain commander and it is a role he is perfect for. He is the leader/general of the mutant nation. He is the leader of the X-men (which is basically the nation's army). Hickman's voice for Scott is great. While I still want Hickman to give some of the women the same treatment he is giving Scott (and by women I mean Storm and Jean Grey) I cannot begrudge how great he writes Scott Summers. I love that Scott is on a mission with Jean and his brothers. I hope to see some good moments between all of them next issue.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I think we Cyclops fans should be very happy in this new era. Cyke is captain commander and it is a role he is perfect for. He is the leader/general of the mutant nation. He is the leader of the X-men (which is basically the nation's army). Hickman's voice for Scott is great. While I still want Hickman to give some of the women the same treatment he is giving Scott (and by women I mean Storm and Jean Grey) I cannot begrudge how great he writes Scott Summers. I love that Scott is on a mission with Jean and his brothers. I hope to see some good moments between all of them next issue.
    It appears his voice for Jean has vastly improved at the very least. Although to develop Jean and Ororo more is probably more up to the writers of the other books they are primary cast members of.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    It appears his voice for Jean has vastly improved at the very least. Although to develop Jean and Ororo more is probably more up to the writers of the other books they are primary cast members of.
    Jeans seem to be happy with Percy in that regard, Storm fans aren't very happy with Duggan for what i had seem, but they are harder to please.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Love this
    2.jpg

Got to admit I miss the Bendis era crackship

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I suppose Cyke fans should be happy for finally getting a carrot after almost a decade of being thwapped by a stick :x

The bar... has been lowered incredibly.

All I'm saying is, after literal years of DisMarvel calling Cyke an extremist, isolationist Hitler despite on-panel evidence showing the contrary, DisMarvel suddenly pulling Krakoa 2.0 and everyone being all-Kumbaya about it without showing the reconciliation / transition phase is incredibly insulting.

But that's just me, I suppose.
    Last edited by xiyon; 03-12-2020 at 12:31 AM.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Nah, you're not alone in thinking that. Marvel thinking they can just show it all under the rug like it didn't happen is quite insulting.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Like I said many times, we won't have anything that addresses it or resembles an apology until the people involved in the mess leave Marvel, because that would mean admitting they made a mistake.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Like I said many times, we won't have anything that addresses it or resembles an apology until the people involved in the mess leave Marvel, because that would mean admitting they made a mistake.
    I don't think the direction was a mistake, but that X-Editorial/Writing was creatively bankrupt at the time, and King Mickey was focusing both his funds and attention on the Avengers, so the X-Dudes tried to find a way to keep the ship afloat long enough for Mickey to poach the Fox. Recall, Brevoort made the argument that, between a franchise where you'd get partial or total profit, you'd choose to invest in the latter. I'm not even looking for an apology from the editors / writers because it's clear that's never going to happen.

I'm just looking for on-panel character growth, where the mutants realize Krakoa's actually Utopia 2.0 with extra Edge(tm) and, while not exactly apologizing to Scott to his face, acknowledge what really happened on panel (i.e. Cyke "died' standing up against Black Bolt and the Far Cloud rather than whatever Hitler-esque nonsense he allegedly did; Cyke being right about the Phoenix Force). A sort-of reconciliation that doesn't waste years of writing (and readership's money), albeit out of character moments, or sweeps it under the rug. No Jedi hand-waving.

Otherwise, Hickman's run is definitely a soft reboot of the entire X-Line where he cherry picks continuity.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    I doubt the situation will ever be acknowledged. It's really odd how the X-men's line has ended up all things considered.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

BANNED

When is snapshot cyclops #1?

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Next month on the 29th.

Tom Reilly, the artist on the upcoming Marvel Snapshot, posted a redesign of Cyke on his Twitter. Here it is:

ESrbsExXkAITQFf.jpgESrbtmjXQAAaODF.jpg

I have to say Cyke looks pretty awesome with a buzzcut.
    He also posted redesigns of the rest of the 05 except for Beast if anyone's interested.
    Last edited by Amacent; 03-13-2020 at 10:34 PM.