Page 90 of 149 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 2233

Quote Originally Posted by ciscostudent561 View Post
    ahh that was probably it! Still totally dope thanks! I dont have that scan so I forget the story
    Look familiar? This is from the From the Ashes storyline in UXM 175

It was pretty epic

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Whedon's whole space arc for sure, plus:

His prison escape in AvX Consequences.
    His reaction post AvX, when he said he would do everything all over again.
    Infecting the Skrulls with a modify Legacy Virus (People bring up the See Wakanda and Die all the time, but Cyclops defeating the Skrulls was more badass).
    To piggyback off this, the final panel him of throwing up the X is pretty awesome(Beast's hand on his shoulder aside, obviously).

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Another badass one of Cyclops was during the whole Vampire Nation storyline.
    His big “we are not brothers” speech was badass.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Another badass one of Cyclops was during the whole Vampire Nation storyline.
    His big “we are not brothers” speech was badass.
    Oh yeah, that scene at the end where he bluffs Dracula and Vlad realizes he's bluffing but lets it go because it was so gutsy of Scott.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Most badass Cyclops moments??
    Obviously there’s the two big moments in Whedons run.
    Most of the big ones seemed to have been named, but his four issue solo had some pretty great moments in it.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Most of the big ones seemed to have been named, but his four issue solo had some pretty great moments in it.
    I wish they would add this to Marvel Unlimited as it seems to be missing on there.

Quote Originally Posted by cyclops_was_right View Post
    Oh yeah, that scene at the end where he bluffs Dracula and Vlad realizes he's bluffing but lets it go because it was so gutsy of Scott.
    It could also be interpreted as he knew Scott wasn't bluffing but acted as he did to save face, and Scott was happy to let him take such a way out of the conflict since he knew more bad things were coming.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

It was pretty epic
    my dawg Cyke did that tho!! thanks for the scans!
    Cyclops was right

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

It was pretty epic
    I've just read that today. That's probably the best Cyke Claremont has ever written.

I'm the only one who always cringes at the fact that no X-Man (Kitty, Ororo, Bobby, Hank, Logan, ...) apologized for all the blaming victimization they put Scott through ? I'm happy that our favorite leader is finally relaxed, but, to be honest, I would like him to go live his life with the only mutants who respected him (Illyana, Emma, ​​Erik, Kid Cable)

Eh, it'd have been nice, but Marvel was never going to do anything like that, especially with how they handled things with the reactions of many readers siding with Cyke over Rogers and Logan during and post AvX.

Spectacular Member Ruby Quartz Diamond's Avatar

Marvel hates Cyclops, confirmed. I just finished reading Bendis’ Uncanny X-Men and the constant Cyclops-bashing that seeped through the dialogue of characters like Maria Hill, Tempus, Dazzler, Iceman etc is very telling. I just couldn’t get over of the pure arrogance in Tempus’ threat in travelling back in time such that Scott’s parents won’t ever meet and procreate him. If not for Cyclops taking her in, she wouldn’t even be standing there, having considerable control over her powers. Then there are also characters who remind the readers every damn page that Cyclops is responsible for Xavier’s death. Bendis’ UXM run feels conflicted about portraying Cyclops in a positive or negative light. On one hand, the bashing is still there but on the other hand, he did well in depicting Cyclops’ status as the face of mutant revolution. Cyclops’ impassioned speech about how mutants are always discriminated, how he’s not going to sit back and let the rights of his fellow brothers and sisters be forcefully taken away and how he even shamed Steve Rogers for doing nothing which showed that he’s the same as the worst as the mutant-haters truly moved me. If I were a mutant, I would trust my life on Cyclops’ hands.

Marvel can try to persuade readers to side against Cyclops but we can think for ourselves.

Well, Bendis' run was supposed to be about Scott having PTSD, but outside of a few extremely rare examples, it's never really shown. It's been a while since I read his run, but I remember feeling like Bendis got bored of writing Uncanny before that awful Last Will arc started.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby Quartz Diamond View Post
    Marvel hates Cyclops, confirmed. I just finished reading Bendis’ Uncanny X-Men and the constant Cyclops-bashing that seeped through the dialogue of characters like Maria Hill, Tempus, Dazzler, Iceman etc is very telling. I just couldn’t get over of the pure arrogance in Tempus’ threat in travelling back in time such that Scott’s parents won’t ever meet and procreate him. If not for Cyclops taking her in, she wouldn’t even be standing there, having considerable control over her powers. Then there are also characters who remind the readers every damn page that Cyclops is responsible for Xavier’s death. Bendis’ UXM run feels conflicted about portraying Cyclops in a positive or negative light. On one hand, the bashing is still there but on the other hand, he did well in depicting Cyclops’ status as the face of mutant revolution. Cyclops’ impassioned speech about how mutants are always discriminated, how he’s not going to sit back and let the rights of his fellow brothers and sisters be forcefully taken away and how he even shamed Steve Rogers for doing nothing which showed that he’s the same as the worst as the mutant-haters truly moved me. If I were a mutant, I would trust my life on Cyclops’ hands.

Marvel can try to persuade readers to side against Cyclops but we can think for ourselves.
    Yeah weirdly enough Bendis wrote Cyclops as a sympathetic anti-hero, but then proceeded to have no one sympathize with him. It was very jarring.

Spectacular Member Ruby Quartz Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Well, Bendis' run was supposed to be about Scott having PTSD, but outside of a few extremely rare examples, it's never really shown. It's been a while since I read his run, but I remember feeling like Bendis got bored of writing Uncanny before that awful Last Will arc started.
    Ngl I was looking forward to the Last Will arc when I first saw the synopsis on the backcover, but the execution down to its 'resolution' was so embarrassingly bad. I'm convinced it's another opportunity to further ruin Cyclops' already wishy-washy characterization and to reduce the other characters' personality trait to resenting Cyclops. spoilers:
    Bendis had Cyclops taking in new mutants to train them and then proceed to carelessly leave all of them under the care of the Jean Grey school after the (amended) Last Will was disclosed. Wasn't the whole point of recruiting new mutants is to prevent mutants from becoming an endangered species? And to rub salt in the wound, he had GoldBalls (really?) shoot his balls in frustration and had it knock Scott out. Then, he had everyone abandon Cyclops with only his brother Havok standing by his side.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Yeah weirdly enough Bendis wrote Cyclops as a sympathetic anti-hero, but then proceeded to have no one sympathize with him. It was very jarring.
    Worse is when Cyclops was referred to as a "mutant Hitler" when he's actively trying to prevent a mutant genocide. A character assassination at its finest. I shall cheer myself up by reading Fraction's Uncanny X-Men run.
    Last edited by Ruby Quartz Diamond; 08-02-2020 at 08:19 AM.