Page 99 of 149 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 2233
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    The thing is that although it is logical to think that ... he is never accused of that. Just like the Hulk destroys cities and coincidentally almost never kills anyone.

Either the Avengers and X-men were jerks who didn't care about everyone else's death other than Xavier, or Scott didn't really kill anyone else.

It's not even a comic he's a part of, at least it's a funny cameo * Shrug *
    I'm not at home, so can't check my copy, but I've read the Gillen X-Men omnibus part two recently and I'd swear that either in the last chapter of his Uncanny or first chapter of AvX: Consequences, Cap tells Scott that Hope managed to fix the damage Dark Phoenix! Cyke did. The way I understood it she restored everyone he killed except for Xavier. Otherwise some huge cities on Earth 616 would be pretty much without a population after AvX?

In that case it's strange that she wasn't able to restore Xavier as well, but technically that could be explained by the fact that it wasn't Dark Phoenix but only Phoenix!Scott who killed Xavier?

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I wonder if Hank was able to keep his names straight...
    That made me laugh too hard.

I guess it all makes sense now. Scott forgave him and moved on. Now Beast needs someone else for his fetish.

I wish he'd find something healthier...
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by cyclops_was_right View Post
    I'm not at home, so can't check my copy, but I've read the Gillen X-Men omnibus part two recently and I'd swear that either in the last chapter of his Uncanny or first chapter of AvX: Consequences, Cap tells Scott that Hope managed to fix the damage Dark Phoenix! Cyke did. The way I understood it she restored everyone he killed except for Xavier. Otherwise some huge cities on Earth 616 would be pretty much without a population after AvX?

In that case it's strange that she wasn't able to restore Xavier as well, but technically that could be explained by the fact that it wasn't Dark Phoenix but only Phoenix!Scott who killed Xavier?
    Edit - Reread #12 and forgot all about the worldwide damage caused by Dark Phoenix.

I'd still argue that Scott likely killed no one except Xavier during this time. His crimes are listed multiple times in post-AVX issues and he is never once accused of mass slaughter (whether it was fixed or not). Even in the scene you mention, it'd be bizarre for Steve of all people to not specifically talk about the lives lost and then restored, and later Logan says something like "you killed the only person who matters" during a prison visit, in response to Scott pointing out how Logan has killed a ton of people (side note: this event featured Logan trying to murder a teenage Hope to prevent the Phoenix getting to her).

It's also doesn't make a huge amount of sense that Hope could fix something done by a full powered Dark Phoenix but not something done by the same guy when still somewhat restrained.
    Last edited by Gridde; 09-11-2020 at 09:44 AM.
    People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Gridde View Post
    In which issue does Scott destroy multiple cities? I remember Namor attacks Wakanda (which is referred to multiple times after the event is finished) and Emma kills some dude who murdered a mutant (and Scott gets pretty pissed at her) but don't recall Scott himself going wild on anyone but Emma and the Avengers.

Either way, this a bit of a reach. His crimes are listed multiple times in post-AVX issues and he is never once accused of mass slaughter (whether it was fixed or not). I think Logan even says something like "you killed the only person who matters" in the immediate aftermath, in response to Scott pointing out how Logan has killed a ton of people (side note: this event featured Logan trying to murder a teenage Hope to prevent the Phoenix getting to her).

It's also doesn't make a huge amount of sense that Hope could fix something done by a full powered Dark Phoenix but not something done by the same guy when still somewhat restrained.
    He most certainly did. It was shown in the final issue of AVX and UXM 19. He was flooding and burning down cities and said he was going to destroy the Earth in order to remake it

Thats why I think its naive to think that no one died. For anyone thats ever been to the Sydney Opera House, that is a very busy tourist attraction and there is always people there, even when its closed, to take pictures and such. Anyone caught there was dead as were the people in Beijing as it exploded. The line about Hope fixing his mess (Beasts says so in UXM 19) is probably the best take away that we have that all of that was reversed. Xavier was kept dead bc he needed to be for Bendis' status quo

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gridde View Post
    In which issue does Scott destroy multiple cities? I remember Namor attacks Wakanda (which is referred to multiple times after the event is finished) and Emma kills some dude who murdered a mutant (and Scott gets pretty pissed at her) but don't recall Scott himself going wild on anyone but Emma and the Avengers.

Either way, this a bit of a reach. His crimes are listed multiple times in post-AVX issues and he is never once accused of mass slaughter (whether it was fixed or not). I think Logan even says something like "you killed the only person who matters" in the immediate aftermath, in response to Scott pointing out how Logan has killed a ton of people (side note: this event featured Logan trying to murder a teenage Hope to prevent the Phoenix getting to her).

I think him destroying the cities was alao in Gillen's Uncanny. It was a chapter of being Dark Phoenix from Scott's perspective. He was also looking back on his life saying things about how he fell in love with a redhead and then a page later it said "I'm betraying the red head" regarding the psychic affair. At some point he's also talking about creating fires and IIRC at leaat Paris burning.

And I think him creating the fires in an attempt to rebuild the Earth as Dark Phoenux was also in one of tge last issues of the main series for the event.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    He most certainly did. It was shown in the final issue of AVX and UXM 19. He was flooding and burning down cities and said he was going to destroy the Earth in order to remake it
    Yep; totally forgot that and amended my prior post accordingly.

And I agree that, judging from this panels, people should have died. But the Avengers and X-Men are deployed everywhere to help, and absolutely zero mention of human collateral damage is made afterwards (despite people laying into Scott for quite some time about the terrible stuff he did). It's unrealistic, but it's a comic book and it's pretty typical of these kind of comic battles to look devastating but then have no lasting effect afterwards; the few times a lot of civilians do die (eg Civil War, Secret Empire) they make a pretty huge deal of it. If you're arguing for realism/naivety, you're also saying that everytime people like Magma, Quake and Storm uses their powers, people probably die indirectly as well.

And I know Marvel isn't great for plot holes too, but even for them it seems kind of ridiculous to have thousands of deaths easily reversed by Hope but Xavier's isn't and absolutely no one ever mentions or questions why this is the case (especially as Xavier's death and corpse are major plot points in other books afterwards). Also raises the question of why no one ever reversed the mass genocide Jean committed, despite various characters having access to the Phoenix Force and knowledge of the massacre years after.
    Last edited by Gridde; 09-11-2020 at 09:59 AM.
    People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.

Ok, I'm going to interrupt the AvX discussion number 132548963 with the link to the preview for X-men: Marvel Snapshot
    https://www.cbr.com/cyclops-traumati...hot-1-preview/

Quote Originally Posted by maxi_miceli View Post
    Ok, I'm going to interrupt the AvX discussion number 132548963 with the link to the preview for X-men: Marvel Snapshot
    https://www.cbr.com/cyclops-traumati...hot-1-preview/
    Oooof, feeling the pain Scotty. Strange that they try to make him not think Alex is real. How much of this is Sinister?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Oooof, feeling the pain Scotty. Strange that they try to make him not think Alex is real. How much of this is Sinister?
    Probably a significant amount.

I'm surprised there isn't a thread for this, but then again, this does keep out the hate...
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

In the X-men classic where the orphanage stuff was expanded, Sinister did about everything he could to isolate him, from killing any potential foster parent and a nurse that was helping him to impersonate a kid to manipulate him directly and it has some more things implied like he made the kids bully him and there's a dream he has where he's falling into fire and the faces of his parents are below, but he doesn't recognize them and Alex is replaced with the kid Sinister is impersonating

Is that issue going to be considered canon? Will it take place entirely in the past or does anyone think we'll get any present day Scott?

Is that issue going to be considered canon? Will it take place entirely in the past or does anyone think we'll get any present day Scott?
    That's actually a good question. I'm not sure.

As for current Scott, if he does appear, I feel like he might get one small scene just to show what he becomes later. Other than that, it's probably just events in the past.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

Sshhhh, we do not ask of the "canon" and "soft reboots" here.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Sshhhh, we do not ask of the "canon" and "soft reboots" here.
    What happens if we do?
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    What happens if we do?
    You are sent automatically to the shadow realm