Page 36 of 149 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686136 ... LastLast

Displaying clear bias. Scalphunter obviously figured it was pointless as apparently logic and objections by anyone not in the council are dismissed.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Displaying clear bias. Scalphunter obviously figured it was pointless as apparently logic and objections by anyone not in the council are dismissed.
    Than that's kind of his fault then no? Especially since all it would take is for one of the morlocks to get resurrected and corroborate his story.

But instead he chose not to defend himself and then you have a man with violent tendencies and a very violent past surrounded by the dead bodies of morlocks that were clearly gunned down by his own weapons as well as being a accomplice in the mutant Massacre against said morlocks.

Like what the heck was Storm supposed to think?

They clearly were not interested in any of their’s story. That’s part of what makes the scene so questionable. It wouldn’t take much to find out the truth of what really happened, or for that matter what actually is going on with Havok. Still first thing we see Storm do is falsely judge a mutant through bias, and then later is dismissive of outside objections. An outburst was the least of what would have been justifiable there.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 03-26-2020 at 11:42 PM.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Than that's kind of his fault then no? Especially since all it would take is for one of the morlocks to get resurrected and corroborate his story.

But instead he chose not to defend himself and then you have a man with violent tendencies and a very violent past surrounded by the dead bodies of morlocks that were clearly gunned down by his own weapons as well as being a accomplice in the mutant Massacre against said morlocks.

To be fair, no one seemed to question what was happening with Havok. The situation seemed very closed and lacked investigation. Grouping him with the others seemed odd.

It also seemed odd that Scott wasn't notified by anyone. Which brings into question similar offenses. If someone commits an act deemed indefensible, are they exiled without anyone's knowledge?

I also don't want to get into too many details without a spoiler tag (Anyone know how to do that?) or get too off topic. So, I might just stop there on the topic.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 03-27-2020 at 12:23 AM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post

Why would Scalphunter's attackers corroborate his story, though? It's more likely they would corroborate amongst themselves to villify Scalphunter in the eyes of the QC. The Morlocks clearly attacked Scalphunter unprovoked based on a grudge.

Again, I didn't read the book (though now, I'm regretting it since it seems a lot of shiz went down) so I'm just basing this off what's written in the spoiler thread:

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    - Scalphunter is resting at a beach where he is suddenly accosted by a group of ressurected morlocks, who remind him it's the anniversary of the mutant massacre. They fight. (Storm is specially pissed off by this).
    I'm not saying the attack was without reason. But the X-Men offered an olive branch / clean slate to their mutant enemies regardless of their past history, and then one of their leaders and main decision-makers actually displays a bias against one of their enemies and in favor of one of her allies-- when everyone's supposed to be under the same flag now.

Is it unreasonable? Nope. But it's definitely another card added to the house of cards--- and something that can be held against Storm. The QC clearly weren't prepared for this eventuality--- that old grudges don't simply die just because Krakoa exists--- even though they should have.

On a side-note, wasn't the last time the X-Men encountered Scalphunter in Divided We Stand? Where Nightcrawler hunts him down in his diner in the middle of nowhere, realizes he has no soul, then proceeds to forgive him-- and Scalphunter actually turned a new leaf?

But I digress.

The current argument is, the professionalism excuse can't be used in Storm's handling of Scott's bias in protecting Alex, when just moments before Storm displayed clear bias in protecting the Morlocks-- who, again, were the actual aggressors.

And then they proceeded to trust Sinister just because he's fabulous <3 XD

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    To be fair, no one seemed to question what was happening with Havok. The situation seemed very closed and lacked investigation. Grouping him with the others seemed odd.

It also seemed odd that Scott wasn't notified by anyone. Which brings into question similar offenses. If someone commits an act deemed indefensible, are they exiled without anyone's knowledge?

I also don't want to get into too many details without a spoiler tag (Anyone know how to do that?) or get too off topic. So, I might just stop there on the topic.
    Pretty much.

Also, I don't think spoilers are much of an issue now that the book is already out? But if it makes you comfy, I think the spoiler tag is just [Spoil] and [*/Spoil] without the asterisk.
    Last edited by xiyon; 03-27-2020 at 02:20 AM.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...-x-men-history

There’s also the question of what happened to the X-Men’s bodies from their suicide mission. Nightcrawler, Mystique, and Wolverine’s bodies were lost to space. But there’s a chance their enemies have the rest of the bodies. What might they do with that genetic material?

My theory

I think the original cyclops body is being turned into a cyborg, A omega prime Sentinel

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post

There’s also the question of what happened to the X-Men’s bodies from their suicide mission. Nightcrawler, Mystique, and Wolverine’s bodies were lost to space. But there’s a chance their enemies have the rest of the bodies. What might they do with that genetic material?

My theory

I think the original cyclops body is being turned into a cyborg, A omega prime Sentinel
    Nightcrawler and Wolverine were cremated

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Nightcrawler and Wolverine were cremated
    Yeah true but I’m talking about cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post

My theory

Was that even his Original body or just a empty shell?

Quote Originally Posted by bell View Post
    Was that even his Original body or just a empty shell?
    It was his body and it became an empty dead one the moment he died

You may not like the fact Storm and Jean had to pull rank but you also have tp understand that their heads of state now. What your basically asking them to do is be emotionally biased towards Scott because of their personal relationship with him.
    No, what I'm asking them is to be fair, they are sold as "kind and compassionate", "the heart of the teams", "the moral compasses". And they frequently act their part. With everybody, but once is Scott the one who has a problem, there are no kind, no compassion, no soft words, not confort, NOT EVEN A FAIR TRIAL. There is not corruption in just take a moment to calm your own lover/one of your oldest friends when he is in great pain. And there is not bias at all in offering a just trial instead of just jumping conclusions and punish people.
    "And you eater of world. May you taste our righteous fire, And choke on it. For my planet's sake, I spit my last breath at thee"

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post
    No, what I'm asking them is to be fair, they are sold as "kind and compassionate", "the heart of the teams", "the moral compasses". And they frequently act their part. With everybody, but once is Scott the one who has a problem, there are no kind, no compassion, no soft words, not confort, NOT EVEN A FAIR TRIAL. There is not corruption in just take a moment to calm your own lover/one of your oldest friends when he is in great pain. And there is not bias at all in offering a just trial instead of just jumping conclusions and punish people.
    Trial? This isnt a traditional government. Krakoa has its own government and laws and the Quiet Council act as the ruling body to execute and uphold everyone accountable under them. We saw how they dealt with Sabretooth. There was no trial.

Trial? This isnt a traditional government. Krakoa has its own government and laws and the Quiet Council act as the ruling body to execute and uphold everyone accountable under them. We saw how they dealt with Sabretooth. There was no trial.
    Yes, and as has been talked before why this is a serious mistake. I don't think that no one will shed a tear by Sabretooth, but when they kept doing it to other mutants with better relationships the complains will start to rise, even sooner if they get that they could condemn an innocent because rushing to conclusions.
    "And you eater of world. May you taste our righteous fire, And choke on it. For my planet's sake, I spit my last breath at thee"

It was his body and it became an empty dead one the moment he died
    Yeah a empty shell shot with Nannites

B06BF7C5-F005-4347-987C-17CD99F6CBEC.jpg
    3CBDB33A-805E-4111-9D83-E05BB429A259.jpg

The mutants put in the Hellions squad are there because every attempt to rehabilitate them through therapy or medication has failed. So why does Alex deserve to be there? He has barely developed this split personality, so shouldn't they have Doctor Reyes and Sage investigate his condition first before shoving him in a team filled with villains that should be treated as a last resort? Alex is not violent the majority of the time so he would be willing to go along with whatever tests or treatments he needed.