Page 89 of 149 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 2233
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby Quartz Diamond View Post
    I'm relatively new to the X-Men comics. I'm currently reading the original 1963 Uncanny X-Men (at issue #16 now), Bendis' All-New X-Men and Fraction's Uncanny X-Men. I've already read the solo Cyclops comics when he was in space which was a really great read. Hopefully, there's a continuation to that. I've ordered Whedon's and Cassaday's Astonishing X-Men, and Bendis' Avengers vs X-Men, and I can't wait to read them. A lot of Cyke content to dig in and enjoy while I still can before I catch up with the current ongoing issues.
    Enjoy! You still have plenty of great Cyke content to go, Whedon's run is great. AvX is ehm, if you can check Kieron Gillen's Uncanny X-Men run which ran parallel with AvX, that one painted a better picture of Cyke during AvX than the main event did. I've also started with 1963 original run some months back, I'm up to 1983 and Claremont's stuff now.

As for the discussion regarding the current run, I'm loving the moments that we're getting and the fact that he finally gets to be happy with his whole family. But at the same time I'm hoping that we'll eventually get more of a balance between Cyke the family man and him actually getting to use his powers & strategic / leadership skills.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    At this point, Scott is nothing more than cameo king. Commander Cameo if you will
    Seems about right, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    He may not be the leader of his own team of X-Men (as some would have hoped) but he has obviously added value to the "cameos" he given. And he features prominently in HiX-Man's X-Men though not in the same capacity to which some have been accustomed. Clearly...milages vary on that point.

As Captain Commander he obviously plays a vital role (one not yet explored) and seems quite happy with his current lot.
    Personally, I think he's quite enjoying not having the weight of the X-Men resting on his shoulders for a change.
    I think his role and characterization is fine, but he doesn't seem to be having any growth. I can see that his current mindset is probably being repeated to reinforce a possible change later on, but he seems rather stagnant. It feels odd that we probably need to wait for him to lose everything in order to become more impactful. But then again, I might be expecting too much at this point.

Then again, as long as Scott avoids relationship drama (hopefully) or anything like the last few years, I think I'll be fine.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 07-30-2020 at 02:14 AM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Spectacular Member

I've just finished Uncanny #167 and there was such a tender scene between Cyclops and Corsair and Scott's pure happiness at learning that he actually has grandparents.

I wanted to post a scan, but unfortunately on my tablet the scans from MU turn unreadable and on mobile it would be just too small and MU on desktop is a nightmare that should not even be talked about.

Quote Originally Posted by cyclops_was_right View Post
    I've just finished Uncanny #167 and there was such a tender scene between Cyclops and Corsair and Scott's pure happiness at learning that he actually has grandparents.

I wanted to post a scan, but unfortunately on my tablet the scans from MU turn unreadable and on mobile it would be just too small and MU on desktop is a nightmare that should not even be talked about.
    Have a nice day

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Have a nice day
    This is so sweet. Thanks for posting this. I needed it.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Have a nice day
    Aww, thanks. That pure joy on his face in the bottom left panel

Mighty Member

I cant stand the underwear over the tights ugh
    other than that nice panel,
    Cyke is lookin fuego by the swaaag
    Cyclops was right

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Id say the Guthries are fairly stable from what we saw. The siblings are as tight as ever
    dope avvy bruh
    Cyclops was right

I live in Philly. I wanna know where Cyclops got that cheesesteak in "Cable #2!" CYCLOPS WAS IN PHILLY!!!!!

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Most badass Cyclops moments??
    Obviously there’s the two big moments in Whedons run.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Most badass Cyclops moments??
    Obviously there’s the two big moments in Whedons run.
    Those are great.

Some more of mine include (though I'm sure there are plenty more that I just don't remember at the moment):

- Osborn beats him to a pulp but he still smiles at him as it gets revealed that he has outwitted Osborn and has him beat by evacuating the mutants to Utopia
    - Scott beating the sliver of the Void which wanted to possess him by using the powers of repressionTM
    - Plan B? That would suggest that we only have 26 from Fear Itself and then when we actually get to see his contingency plan upon contingency plan
    - his verbal smack-down of the Avengers in one of the early Bendis Uncanny issues

Kinda off-topic, but I just got to God Loves Man Kills in my X-men read-through, so I've re-read it for the third time because it's still awesome. But looking back it's kinda funny to see Scott being the one who stopped Xavier from taking Magneto's more violent approach as Scott himself became pretty much an amalgamation of both Xavier's and Magneto's way later on. Though it's understandable in the context of things that happened to him as well as mutantkind as a whole.

Whedon's whole space arc for sure, plus:

His prison escape in AvX Consequences.
    His reaction post AvX, when he said he would do everything all over again.
    Infecting the Skrulls with a modify Legacy Virus (People bring up the See Wakanda and Die all the time, but Cyclops defeating the Skrulls was more badass).

Mighty Member

one of my favorite Cyclops moments was when he subdued all the X-men when I think Shadow King had the team convinced Cyke was a villian, ii think it was in the danger room

dooooopeness
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by ciscostudent561 View Post
    one of my favorite Cyclops moments was when he subdued all the X-men when I think Shadow King had the team convinced Cyke was a villian, ii think it was in the danger room

dooooopeness
    Scott hasnt had many runnings with the Shadow King. I think its just Muir Island Saga and Storm's Worlds Apart mini. What you describe seems reminiscent of Mastermind tricking the X-men into seeing Cyclops as Dark Phoenix. He then had to bide his time until he was able to force Rogue to use her powers on Xavier to get his TP and see through the illusion
    Last edited by Havok83; 07-30-2020 at 02:26 PM.

Mighty Member

ahh that was probably it! Still totally dope thanks! I dont have that scan so I forget the story
    Cyclops was right