Page 47 of 149 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797147 ... LastLast

Ya'll see this new character from the upcoming New Warriors book?

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Marvel's reviving Code Lyoko?

BANNED

Just discovered this beautiful song.

Still the part that gets me from MC.

just imagine all that death and the sheer mental destruction on trusting the future/your family to a pan knowing you may never see them again.

Scott has not had an easy life and there has been so much sacrifice.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post

Still the part that gets me from MC.

just imagine all that death and the sheer mental destruction on trusting the future/your family to a pan knowing you may never see them again.

Scott has not had an easy life and there has been so much sacrifice.
    It's a great scene and a highlight of Scott's arc post Decimation. We'll still have to read from Jean's fans that all the fans and the spot he has on the franchise weren't earned, though, but we'll always have good moments like this to remember. And hopefully new ones in the future.

This scene always reminds me of cyclops Parallels with Steve Rogers
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    It's a great scene and a highlight of Scott's arc post Decimation. We'll still have to read from Jean's fans that all the fans and the spot he has on the franchise weren't earned, though, but we'll always have good moments like this to remember. And hopefully new ones in the future.
    Scott's character arc post-decimation just made so much sense, and it's up there with Hal Jordan's rebirth arc, in my opinion.

Then DisMarvel realized he was getting too big and promptly sent in BMB to de-fang him.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    Scott's character arc post-decimation just made so much sense, and it's up there with Hal Jordan's rebirth arc, in my opinion.

Then DisMarvel realized he was getting too big and promptly sent in BMB to de-fang him.
    Sounds interesting. Whats yer take?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

Saw this yesterday - about good comic characters who are hated onscreen - reviewer blames writing and scripts for the majority of it, especially our boy at #2.

Dark does not mean deep.

Today, I don't know why, I went back to see what they said about Scott in Extraordinary X-Men for what they later said in Death of X and ...

What happened there.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Today, I don't know why, I went back to see what they said about Scott in Extraordinary X-Men for what they later said in Death of X and ...

What happened there.
    I don't understand.

BANNED

Last edited by AHRNIHAL; 04-12-2020 at 09:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    I don't understand.
    All those comics written by Lemire in which they talk about Scott being a psychopathic mass murderer. And then he did nothing wrong. Not even Emma did anything wrong. I wish I could ask Lemire "What the fuck was that".

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    All those comics written by Lemire in which they talk about Scott being a psychopathic mass murderer. And then he did nothing wrong. Not even Emma did anything wrong. I wish I could ask Lemire "What the fuck was that".
    That didnt really happen though. The first hint of anything happening with Scott in EXM was in #1 and all Lemire wrote was Jean saying "Look, I told you all after everything that happened with Cyclops, I just want to leave it behind." That was very neutral and doesnt paint a bad picture. In #7 Magik attacks Sunfire saying "If you and Cyclops hadnt acted like you did, there wouldnt have been anti-mutant riots, Sunfire". Still vague and while this alludes to something bad happening, never is he referred as a mass murder or psychopath. The riots make a bit more sense given what I write in the next paragraph.

In #5, a reporter mentions that mutants are spreading disease and asks how many people have to die. Storm says "Cyclops did something terrible. There is no excuse for his actions." This could be referenced to Death of X when Emma makes that broadcast using Scott's image to the world and lied about the T-mist being fatal to humans. I can see why people would be fearful that this mutant disease could be spread to humans. Look at whats happening with our current pandemic? There is alot of misinformation going around, and whether its true or not, people are running with it and being hateful and racist to groups they feel are the source of the disease

Lemire kept it fairly vague and safe when it came to what Scott did. Other writers didnt or barely touched it. The mutant Hitler rhetoric may have been a thing under Hopeless and I think the Champions writers but I dont think its really fair to blame them. Its clear Marvel didnt know where they were going with this story, and the writers of the satelite books were given very vague overview of what the status quo was as Scott's sin hadnt been established. There was alot of editorial mandate during this era and the writers were instructed to get things from Point A to B. Unfortunately this was not ironed out too well and the mystery they had been building up to fell flat once the reveal happened
    Last edited by Havok83; 04-12-2020 at 12:40 PM.

The ball was dropped so hard on Death of X, Mephisto has it now.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.