Page 44 of 149 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494144 ... LastLast

Bendis adult cyclops wasn’t that good

But that red uniform was amazing

Bendis Cyclops was simply a very long PTSD, just like Morrison's. Interesting but cannot be compared to "baseline Cyclops".

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Bendis Cyclops was simply a very long PTSD, just like Morrison's. Interesting but cannot be compared to "baseline Cyclops".
    Morrison knew how to convey PTSD.

Bendis had to tell Cyke's "nervous breakdown " because he failed at showing :x again, it feels BMB wanted to write ANXM but was told he needs to write UXM, too.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Personally, it never really felt like Bendis wrote Scott having PTSD for most of his Uncanny run. Like there were moments where you could kinda see it, but you could also explain it away as Bendis being terrible at writing superhero team comics.

Morrison's Scott was more nuanced in tackling his demons. As a reader I actually felt the changes and grew to love the character the most during this run. Bendis never made me "feel' what was happening with the character. Although I did feel the issue where he (under the influence of The Phoenix Force) killed Xavier. That dialogue was charged-no doubt fueled by Coipel's beautiful art.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Personally, it never really felt like Bendis wrote Scott having PTSD for most of his Uncanny run. Like there were moments where you could kinda see it, but you could also explain it away as Bendis being terrible at writing superhero team comics.
    Yeah. I wouldn't say his Scott was terrible, but Bendis' writing of Scott's PTSD seemed poorly flushed out. It seemed like we were told about it more often than shown. I think part of the problem is the fact that some arcs took longer than necessary and therefore messed with the execution of some of the story plots.

As a side note, I am noticing that whenever Scott is extremely depressed or suffering from some form of PTSD, he seems to be hated more than usual. No wonder he seems to have such a hard time working through it. He rarely has any support. Then again, he does have a tendency to push people away, but that's what tends to happen with those types of behavioral disorders.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Yeah. I wouldn't say his Scott was terrible, but Bendis' writing of Scott's PTSD seemed poorly flushed out. It seemed like we were told about it more often than shown. I think part of the problem is the fact that some arcs took longer than necessary and therefore messed with the execution of some of the story plots.

As a side note, I am noticing that whenever Scott is extremely depressed or suffering from some form of PTSD, he seems to be hated more than usual. No wonder he seems to have such a hard time working through it. He rarely has any support. Then again, he does have a tendency to push people away, but that's what tends to happen with those types of behavioral disorders.
    He needs an emtional support dog.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

My favorite cyclops moment is in x-men TAS in the episode final decision when he decides to go after master mold

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    At this point, probably, lol. Although I think some have played with a similar idea of Cyclops having a dog in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    My favorite cyclops moment is in x-men TAS in the episode final decision when he decides to go after master mold
    Was Cyclops in the episode with master mold? I though things happened differently. Then again I haven't watched the show in a while.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

You mean Wolverine? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    You mean Wolverine? lol
    Honestly, I expect a fallout between Wolverine and Cyclops to happen eventually. This current focus on their friendship is probably buildup for that moment.

I mean, it always tends to happen these days anyways.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    You mean Wolverine? lol
    Jesus no, their worldviews clash too much for then to be much beyond "teamates that respect and appreciate eacth other, but really don't spend time together more than necessary".

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    At this point, probably, lol. Although I think some have played with a similar idea of Cyclops having a dog in the past.

Was Cyclops in the episode with master mold? I though things happened differently. Then again I haven't watched the show in a while.
    I personally suggest it, because being a caretaker seems to be something that Scott would naturally do, i'm no basing it on anything, he just struck me as that kind of guy.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Astonishing Member

Jesus no, their worldviews clash too much for then to be much beyond "teamates that respect and appreciate eacth other, but really don't spend time together more than necessary".
    Cyclops invited Wolverine on a family trip to the Shiar homeworld I think its safe to say their relationship has evolved.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Cyclops invited Wolverine on a family trip to the Shiar homeworld I think its safe to say their relationship has evolved.
    I know that it has, but as a Wolverine fan, i don't buy it, i just can't either then going beyond grudging respect, but that's my personal opinion, Hickman clearly disagrees with me thougth, so lets see where it goes.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona