Page 85 of 149 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995135 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 2233

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Yeah, it does seem like that a bit. Part of the problem is that everything is one and done. I kinda wish there was at least some carry over or an arc of some form.
    I know its been a long time but to be fair, the last story in X-men was a 2 issue arc that he was involved with which itself was a followup to his appearance in New Mutants

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Honestly, I'm fine with Cyclops current role. I'm hopeful Hickman has plans for the character, which is why so much of the main book focuses around him. And either way, it really does feel like Cyclops apperance feels special for the most part. Everyone respects him when he makes a apperance and Hickman always makes sure to give him some great moments, like the scene with hm and magik fighting together when the brood invaded.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Honestly, I'm fine with Cyclops current role. I'm hopeful Hickman has plans for the character, which is why so much of the main book focuses around him. And either way, it really does feel like Cyclops apperance feels special for the most part. Everyone respects him when he makes a apperance and Hickman always makes sure to give him some great moments, like the scene with hm and magik fighting together when the brood invaded.
    He wasnt respected in Hellions

The problem is that current Cyclops just feels bland, so bland that the most memorable thing about the character so far is that he probably is in some poly relationship. That's it.
    For what I've read around this forum Percy is doing some really good character work on X-Force, specially with Jean and Beast. Marauders is also really well liked and it seems that Emma shines on it. Wolverine have his solo so he is good.

As Cyclop fans, the best we can hope for, is that Duggan do a decent job in the 4 or 5 panels where Cyclops makes a cameo on Cable.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I know its been a long time but to be fair, the last story in X-men was a 2 issue arc that he was involved with which itself was a followup to his appearance in New Mutants
    True. I forgot about that. Then again, while it was an arc, Scott's role was rather small and only significant in X-men #8. It wasn't bad, but I was hoping for something more character driven.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    The problem is that current Cyclops just feels bland, so bland that the most memorable thing about the character so far is that he probably is in some poly relationship. That's it.
    For what I've read around this forum Percy is doing some really good character work on X-Force, specially with Jean and Beast. Marauders is also really well liked and it seems that Emma shines on it. Wolverine have his solo so he is good.

As Cyclop fans, the best we can hope for, is that Duggan do a decent job in the 4 or 5 panels where Cyclops makes a cameo on Cable.
    They’re probably doing this because the last time they wanted to spice Cyclops up lead to the whole Hitler comparison *sigh*. I’m fine with him being a little dry now if it helps the character in the long-term.

Plus, Hickman totally has something planned. He’s made a point of emphasizing how much Cyclops thoroughly believes in Xavier so when these secrets start coming out I’m guessing that Cyke is going to get some of the most emotional scenes.

So are you fustrated because he doesn't have more leadership currently, what exactly would you rather him do right now?

He wasnt respected in Hellions
    Don't read that book, what happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    They’re probably doing this because the last time they wanted to spice Cyclops up lead to the whole Hitler comparison *sigh*. I’m fine with him being a little dry now if it helps the character in the long-term.

Plus, Hickman totally has something planned. He’s made a point of emphasizing how much Cyclops thoroughly believes in Xavier so when these secrets start coming out I’m guessing that Cyke is going to get some of the most emotional scenes.
    It definitely feels like there is foreshadowing to Scott being the one that gets his eyes opened and realizes something bad about Krokoa, with how much he talks about being at peace and being united with his family. If there is ever a twist involved eventually, I imagine Scott would be at the front o it.

BANNED

So the rumors of Scott taking a back seat after his return are true too.
    Sad, he was not in very good condition since secret wars.

So are you fustrated because he doesn't have more leadership currently, what exactly would you rather him do right now?

It definitely feels like there is foreshadowing to Scott being the one that gets his eyes opened and realizes something bad about Krokoa, with how much he talks about being at peace and being united with his family. If there is ever a twist involved eventually, I imagine Scott would be at the front o it.
    What I really wanted was for Cyclops to have a solo series, not a team book in disguise, a solo.

In a more realistic world, what I would prefer is for the character to actually do stuff, not just witness. Not just trade a few lines of dialogue that serves as exposition more than anything. Not just appear in a group shot while they battle a bunch of nameless bad guys. To feel that if they had used some other character the story would not be the same.

Hickman is probably planning to use Cyclops in a bigger role in the future. But this is Hickman, giving how far ahead he usually plan, Cyclops moment most likely is years away.
    Last edited by Ra-El; 07-23-2020 at 06:45 AM.

Alex was brought before the Council for losing his cool during a mission and almost killing someone. Scott burst into their meeting bc no one informed him about was happening with his brother. He also didnt like that Sinister was suggesting what to do with him. Scott was pretty much told to pipe down and leave bc it was Council business and he had no say there

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    So the rumors of Scott taking a back seat after his return are true too.
    Sad, he was not in very good condition since secret wars.
    My reasons not to give Hickman run a chance is because of the way Cyclops was trashed in uxm. Rather not waste my time and money on this and just pick only the issues Cyclops is on more then one page.

Spectacular Member

Alex was brought before the Council for losing his cool during a mission and almost killing someone. Scott burst into their meeting bc no one informed him about was happening with his brother. He also didnt like that Sinister was suggesting what to do with him. Scott was pretty much told to pipe down and leave bc it was Council business and he had no say there
    This and the doubts about the Crubicle is probably the closest we got to at least a suggestion of a character arc we might see for him - starting to get doubts and becoming disillusioned about some aspects of Krakoa. But it's just a couple of moments that could and might not foreshadow anything.

Quote Originally Posted by DianaWw View Post
    My reasons not to give Hickman run a chance is because of the way Cyclops was trashed in uxm. Rather not waste my time and money on this and just pick only the issues Cyclops is on more then one page.
    UXM was Rosenberg though, not Hickman. The reason why I'm worried about whether Hickman has anything interesting for Cyke in store is the way his confrontation with Doom in Secret Wars went. Also, asides from that one issue of New Avengers, it wasn't really Cyclops who was featured in that arc, but the Phoenix.

Heh, that is wild. But I suppose krokora rules are rules.

What I really wanted was for Cyclops to have a solo series, not a team book in disguise, a solo.

In a more realistic world, what I would prefer is for the character to actually do stuff, not just witness. Not just trade a few lines of dialogue that serves as exposition more than anything. Not just appear in a group shot while they battle a bunch of nameless bad guys. To feel that if they had used some other character the story would not be the same.

Hickman is probably planning to use Cyclops in a bigger role in the future. But this is Hickman, giving how far ahead he usually plan, Cyclops moment most likely is years away.
    I get what you're saying. But just one year into this new status quo, I'm fine with just getting hints to a bigger story right now with Scott. Technically, the book only started in October and has been on pause since March. Hickman has had a lot to develop with this status quo, setting up the nation and getting us familar with how mutants are living right now. To have Cyclops deal with some big storyline right out of the gate doesn't make much sense.
    Last edited by DragonPiece; 07-23-2020 at 09:06 AM.

I've been thinking ... Do you realize that most of the great changes in the X-Men eras, especially in the 21st century, are due to changes in Cyclops' romantic life?

For example New X-Men (From Jean to Emma)> Decimation (Emma)> Post AvsX (single and death)> Krakoa (polyamorous).

It is as if his penis was a compass that points the direction of the editorial line.

Or the fantasy of the writer's.......