Page 103 of 124 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 1846
  1. #1531
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Hey gang, been a while. I got Snapshots today and thought it was a great book, but it really put into focus for me how little I care about the main X-books right now. I mean, I'm thinking of dropping the books with X of Swords on the way.
    The only comic I haven't dropped yet is Justice League Odyssey, and that's mostly because I'm mildly interested how it's gonna end. Pretty much dropped all things Marvel (again). Idk, the blatant hypocrisy in Krakoa's reception and portrayal while the X-Office continues to cherry pick continuity and Jedi-hand-wave all else just sapped whatever few effs I had left. Might pick-up the TPB when Hickman's run eventually ends, as this is probably one of those better-read-in-bulk cases.

    And, yeah, if Snapshot is the last Scott story you'll ever read (for a while), then it's a great book to stop.
    Let your wallet talk.

    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402

    When will Logan call out Jean for drafting children in her X-Squad?

    The WatXM staff are clear hypocrites for supporting The Crucible~

    Logan lecturing Shulkie about Krakoa is the epitome of hypocrisy.

    Hickman is building towards AvX 2.0 but, this time, the X-Men are actually the villains~

    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.

  2. #1532
    Astonishing Member Hizashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    4,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    If nothings hittin ya fancy, you should. I only get xmen because its kinda sorta Scotts main book.

    Have you tried Hellions?
    Kinda sorta is right - what happened to "the Saga of Cyclops"?

    I've flipped through pretty much all of the books, got a few issues of New Mutants before dropping that one.

    Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    The only comic I haven't dropped yet is Justice League Odyssey, and that's mostly because I'm mildly interested how it's gonna end. Pretty much dropped all things Marvel (again). Idk, the blatant hypocrisy in Krakoa's reception and portrayal while the X-Office continues to cherry pick continuity and Jedi-hand-wave all else just sapped whatever few effs I had left. Might pick-up the TPB when Hickman's run eventually ends, as this is probably one of those better-read-in-bulk cases.

    And, yeah, if Snapshot is the last Scott story you'll ever read (for a while), then it's a great book to stop.
    I'm gonna try to better articulate later what has me apathetic to the current state of affairs, but suffice it to say that I've been left disappointed with Hickman. Maybe you're right, and his run will read better in trade. Also, while on the topic of trades, who at Marvel thought it would be a good idea to collect single issues of multiple series in one trade? Who is trying to spend $15+ on a book that has a single chapter from an ongoing story that they're reading plus other chapters from stories they might not be?

    Ironic that a one-shot that spotlights Cyclops, my favorite X-Man, has me almost convinced to call it quits on current X-Men.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

  3. #1533
    Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    2,106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Hey gang, been a while. I got Snapshots today and thought it was a great book, but it really put into focus for me how little I care about the main X-books right now. I mean, I'm thinking of dropping the books with X of Swords on the way.
    It certainly has been a while.

    I would do whatever you feel like. No reason to buy the books if there isn't any interest. I myself am using XoS as a break. After that, I'm not exactly sure. I've gradually been dropping books and my interest is almost depleted. For some, I would rather wait for a trade at this point.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Cyclops was wise in wanting the full custody
    In a way, yeah. Interesting that Cable's view on the situation wasn't really shown.

    Quote Originally Posted by maxi_miceli View Post
    Making it doubly hilarious, because it's both making a rapist into a victim (and I'm taking the "hilarious" very liberally, it's quite disgusting), and falsely claiming he abandoned her, she kicked him out of his house because he went to NY when he was called on an emergency (of which all she knew about was him yelling "but how can that be it's impossible" and that he was needed the same day in NY) after yelling at him all day because he was worried about the previous step of his entire race being put into concentration camps and when he came back she was gone
    Pretty much.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 09-16-2020 at 10:55 PM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

    “Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

  4. #1534
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I'm gonna try to better articulate later what has me apathetic to the current state of affairs, but suffice it to say that I've been left disappointed with Hickman. Maybe you're right, and his run will read better in trade. Also, while on the topic of trades, who at Marvel thought it would be a good idea to collect single issues of multiple series in one trade? Who is trying to spend $15+ on a book that has a single chapter from an ongoing story that they're reading plus other chapters from stories they might not be?

    Ironic that a one-shot that spotlights Cyclops, my favorite X-Man, has me almost convinced to call it quits on current X-Men.
    To me, I'd rather take a hiatus from Marvel after a high-note. Midway through BMB's run, I stopped habitually buying comics out of spite, but now I'm just apathetic. Can't even be bothered to click on the review threads anymore to see if there's a book worth buying. Like, after all the crap they put out for over a decade-- literally stalling for time by crapping on Cyke's dead carcass because JDW can't handle Cyke having fans-- it's nice to actually have a decent epilogue-feeling book to end on. Seeing a not-even-just-a-bit-whiny Tyke before all the crap thrown his way was gravy.

    I re-read my favorite X-Men story, Messiah Complex, for the nth time over the lockdown, and for the first time, I just felt sad. I think it was the realization that none of those stories and growth and build-up matter anymore with Hickman's soft-reboot / cherry-picking of continuity.

    But that's just me. If y'all still enjoy the books, go keep giving Marvel your money. They need it.
    Last edited by xiyon; 09-17-2020 at 12:21 AM.
    Let your wallet talk.

    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402

    When will Logan call out Jean for drafting children in her X-Squad?

    The WatXM staff are clear hypocrites for supporting The Crucible~

    Logan lecturing Shulkie about Krakoa is the epitome of hypocrisy.

    Hickman is building towards AvX 2.0 but, this time, the X-Men are actually the villains~

    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.

  5. #1535
    Sad & Brazilian PrezValentine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    3,146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Hey gang, been a while. I got Snapshots today and thought it was a great book, but it really put into focus for me how little I care about the main X-books right now. I mean, I'm thinking of dropping the books with X of Swords on the way.
    I've been enjoying the line, but the lack of Cyclops in the books hurts real bad. Good to see you're still around, though.

    Been absent myself, but that's more because the environment here is getting nearly on 4chan level.
    Hunting's no fun when your prey doesn't move.

  6. #1536
    Astonishing Member Glio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    4,793

    Default

    I am really enjoying the line. I miss more Scott but it is also true that with the pandemic the wait has become longer.

  7. #1537
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,579

    Default

    X-MEN #16

    JONATHAN HICKMAN (W), PHIL NOTO (A)

    Cover by LEINIL FRANCIS YU

    Knullified variant cover by IBAN COELLO

    X OF SWORDS FALL OUT!

    The Captain Commander of Krakoa made a fateful decision. There's no going back.

    32 pages, $3.99.

    cyke.jpg
    Last edited by DragonPiece; 09-17-2020 at 07:26 AM.

  8. #1538
    Invincible Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    20,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    X-MEN #16

    JONATHAN HICKMAN (W), PHIL NOTO (A)

    Cover by LEINIL FRANCIS YU

    Knullified variant cover by IBAN COELLO

    X OF SWORDS FALL OUT!

    The Captain Commander of Krakoa made a fateful decision. There's no going back.

    32 pages, $3.99.

    cyke.jpg
    Wow, so after almost a year, we'll finally get another Cyclops centered issue. It better not be a bait and switch

  9. #1539
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,579

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Wow, so after almost a year, we'll finally get another Cyclops centered issue. It better not be a bait and switch
    Honestly, I was getting less excited about x of swords because it didn't seem like Cyclops had much of a role besides appearing in Cable. Glad to know something important will be happening with him now.

  10. #1540
    Incredible Member ermac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    502

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Been absent myself, but that's more because the environment here is getting nearly on 4chan level.
    what does that mean? =/

  11. #1541
    Ultimate Member Gray Lensman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    11,768

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post

    In a way, yeah. Interesting that Cable's view on the situation wasn't really shown.
    Well, he WAS an infant during Inferno, so he wasn't going to have much of a view on anything other than Want Formula, Need Burp, and Change Diaper. Later, we can infer his views based on him calling Jean Mom, going through some serious effort to bring Cyclops back from the dead, and pretty much never mentioning Maddie like, ever.
    "Theory: The Phoenix doesn't corrupt the characters, it corrupts the authors." Gambit, King of Thieves

  12. #1542
    Invincible Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    20,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Cyclops was wise in wanting the full custody
    He didnt want full custody. He got it by default bc Maddie was dead. Prior to that, he left Nate in her custody

    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Well, he WAS an infant during Inferno, so he wasn't going to have much of a view on anything other than Want Formula, Need Burp, and Change Diaper. Later, we can infer his views based on him calling Jean Mom, going through some serious effort to bring Cyclops back from the dead, and pretty much never mentioning Maddie like, ever.
    He's commented on it. He met Maddie in the 90s and was very hostile towards her bc of what she tried to do to him in Inferno

  13. #1543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Wow, so after almost a year, we'll finally get another Cyclops centered issue. It better not be a bait and switch
    My thoughts exactly. I think the delays earlier this year really derailed the arc he was building. Going back to the first few issues, Cyclops had such a major role. We saw him being the leader and fighter we know and love. Then, things got messy once books got delayed. Now, Swords of X is taking over. I hope this gets things back on track.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!


    Or if you want, check out my official publishing blog.

  14. #1544
    Astonishing Member Glio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    4,793

    Default

    I think if there had been no covid we would not be so desperate with the lack of Cyclops, tbh.

  15. #1545
    Mighty Member MechaJeanix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Appalachia
    Posts
    1,614

    Default

    I've always assumed Cyclops will have a good role in X of Swords since it looks to be a major battle and he is the captain commander. Even if he doesn't have the biggest role I'm sure he'll have something important to contribute.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •