Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 2233
    Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    X-MEN #16

JONATHAN HICKMAN (W), PHIL NOTO (A)

Cover by LEINIL FRANCIS YU

Knullified variant cover by IBAN COELLO

X OF SWORDS FALL OUT!

The Captain Commander of Krakoa made a fateful decision. There's no going back.

32 pages, $3.99.

Attachment 100682
    So, we thinking this is going to lead to something bad for Cyke?
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Spectacular Member

My guess will be he is forced to leave people behind to close the portal just like Apocalypse did so many years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Basilisk View Post
    My guess will be he is forced to leave people behind to close the portal just like Apocalypse did so many years ago.
    This can be controversial, but I kind of miss a little the time Cyclops was hated and feared in the x-titles...

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    I re-read my favorite X-Men story, Messiah Complex, for the nth time over the lockdown, and for the first time, I just felt sad. I think it was the realization that none of those stories and growth and build-up matter anymore with Hickman's soft-reboot / cherry-picking of continuity.
    Yeah, I'm almost there buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Good to see you're still around, though.
    Work has consumed my life. I'm grateful, but I'd rather work more hours per day than days per week.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I've always assumed Cyclops will have a good role in X of Swords since it looks to be a major battle and he is the captain commander. Even if he doesn't have the biggest role I'm sure he'll have something important to contribute.
    I do like Scott being referred to as the Captain Commander (I'm rewatching Bleach for the nth time).

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    My pipe dream right now, is Cyclops getting exiled from Krakoa and getting a solo out of it, I would even take a Cyclops and Exiles.
    That would be cool, give the book to Jay Edidin, his one-shot was great.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

I was wondering something
    Could Scott's situation in the sixteenth issue lead to his presence alongside Venom, Steve, Tony and Logan in King in Black ?

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    Could Scott's situation in the sixteenth issue lead to his presence alongside Venom, Steve, Tony and Logan in King in Black ?
    I think it would be more likely that the events of the Venom/X-Men Blue crossover would lead to something like that
    Dark does not mean deep.

Spectacular Member

I'm glad the Snapshot issue was awesome, I still have about two weeks until I get my copy as per my chat with the shop earlier this week.

Also, I'm almost low key excited for X-Men #16 with that description and hoping that it means Cyke is getting some story rather than cameo king appearances after XoS. At the same time I'm a bit worried the whole thing could end up with him ending up somewhere "in limbo" as was the case with Sunspot in New Mutants.

But I also had the idea that it might be referencing back to the team he sent after the Children of the Vault? I mean asides from Hellions, that was the only arc where he went "oh, ****" while on Krakoa rather than being a mostly happy family guy.

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I think it would be more likely that the events of the Venom/X-Men Blue crossover would lead to something like that
    Scott Summers, Agent Venom would be cool. When Tyke had the symbiote, didn't it let him fire blasts from his fingertips or something?
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by cyclops_was_right View Post
    I'm glad the Snapshot issue was awesome, I still have about two weeks until I get my copy as per my chat with the shop earlier this week.

Also, I'm almost low key excited for X-Men #16 with that description and hoping that it means Cyke is getting some story rather than cameo king appearances after XoS. At the same time I'm a bit worried the whole thing could end up with him ending up somewhere "in limbo" as was the case with Sunspot in New Mutants.

But I also had the idea that it might be referencing back to the team he sent after the Children of the Vault? I mean asides from Hellions, that was the only arc where he went "oh, ****" while on Krakoa rather than being a mostly happy family guy.
    It seems like Scott's already got a foot in limbo as it is, he's apparently been relegated by TPTB to glorified cameos.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    It seems like Scott's already got a foot in limbo as it is, he's apparently been relegated by TPTB to glorified cameos.
    Tbh thats not something that's exclusive to Cyclops outside of Emma, Storm, and Jean most characters don't appear in any books that they're not a part of the cast of.

Also just did a quick dive and Cyclops features prominently in almost every issue of X-men so I'm not sure where the "king of cameo" stuff is coming from. It's not like he's just been wallpaper in the background.
    Last edited by loke13; 09-19-2020 at 04:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Tbh thats not something that's exclusive to Cyclops outside of Emma, Storm, and Jean most characters don't appear in any books that they're not a part of the cast of.

Also just did a quick dive and Cyclops features prominently in almost every issue of X-men so I'm not sure where the "king of cameo" stuff is coming from. It's not like he's just been wallpaper in the background.
    While Cyclops have featured in almost every X-Men issue, he wasn't the focus in any, and the role he plays can be taken by a entire different character without any big change needed, actually they could just take the character out, without replacing him and the story would be mostly the same.

Hickman chose him as the protagonist of the book exactly for his character history and his extended family, which shows the contrast between his fucked up past and his present, now living as family man where he used to stand alone. His position as captain commander has also been key since he's lead or strategized pratically every action that has been portrayed in the book, including the defense against Cotati attack even though he wasn't the character that was focused in the issue. With all that in consideration I don't get how he simply could be exchanged for any other character

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Hickman chose him as the protagonist of the book exactly for his character history and his extended family, which shows the contrast between his fucked up past and his present, now living as family man where he used to stand alone. His position as captain commander has also been key since he's lead or strategized pratically every action that has been portrayed in the book, including the defense against Cotati attack even though he wasn't the character that was focused in the issue. With all that in consideration I don't get how he simply could be exchanged for any other character
    The only issue Cyclops was essential in any way, was the first, to show the new normal in Krakoa, everyone happy, etc. After that, he wasn't in any way important, and most important, he didn't felt special to me, as a reader. In the second issue, they could have just used Cable and Rachel and everything would happen in the same way. Issue 3, aside from he and Emma showing up to the Council meeting together and the Hordeculture kicking his ass, nothing of note happened. In X-Men#4, he did even speak? I don't remember, he did have a cool fight scene, sure, but even that was overshadowed by Gorgon much cooler and badass fight. After that the only time he did something worth was when he had that conversation with Wolverine about the Crucible and that's it. After that he was mostly background, group shots and references to the polyamorous status.

The cotati invasion, that was all about Magneto, Cyclops info pages don't mean nothing, because the data pages comes from different choices, and most of the time that characters that not even are in the books or not even are mutants.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    While Cyclops have featured in almost every X-Men issue, he wasn't the focus in any, and the role he plays can be taken by a entire different character without any big change needed, actually they could just take the character out, without replacing him and the story would be mostly the same.
    I mean I would agree that Cyclops isn't the ONLY focus when it comes to the book X-Men is a pretty unconventional team book with Cyclops at the head. There's a reason that the first issue opens up with a flashback and the entirety of that first issue is spent framing cyclops's feelings and beliefs about krakoa.

I also disagree with the sentiment that Cyclops is character could be replaced with another character within in the book, Hickman since issue one has used every opportunity to emphasize cyclops's Captain Commander role. Considering the hints that Hickman has peppered throughout his X-Men series combined with X-Men 16 solicitation I'm really curious to see where he takes the character.

That being said I completely understand the sentiment of wanting Cyclops on a much more conventional team based book.

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Scott isnt the protagonist of the book. He was used to launch it but he hasnt been featured in it in a while. We joke about him being Captain Cameo but thats bc its true. Do you really think him being essential for the Cotati defense makes him the lead character here? Scott led a whole battle that we ddint even get to see. Most of his material happens in the background, off panel or data pages