Page 39 of 149 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989139 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    To be fair, I think Logan might eventually end up in trouble with the council in his solo run. It's just a guess, but seems possible. Logan hasn't done anything that bad yet. I feel there was a lack in oversight considering the rule and the fact Logan tends to kill a lot. So the plot seems to be making up excuses to let Wolverine be Wolverine. I don't think the characters are intended to come off as secretly defending him.

To bring things back to Scott, at least he seemed to be upset by what happened (which is an odd coincidence).
    According the solicist of issue 4, Logan is indeed going to get in trouble with council, we don't know what he did to get in trouble thoughr. Still, what he did in his solo is not really the same that happened here and outside of X-Force operations (who again are allow to break the law for good or for ill), he has been following the rules.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    According the solicist of issue 4, Logan is indeed going to get in trouble with council, we don't know what he did to get in trouble thoughr. Still, what he did in his solo is not really the same that happened here and outside of X-Force operations (who again are allow to break the law for good or for ill), he has been following the rules.
    I did not know that, lol. I guess that would be interesting to see. I honestly think X-men/F-4 is the only bad depiction of him so far. Even then, that wasn't his fault. Then again, that's a discussion/mess of its own, lol.

In a bad attempt to focus on Scott...I find it interesting that Scott's headgear for the jet looked similar to Xavier's helmet. It's a bit hard to tell who stole the X-face design from who.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 03-27-2020 at 03:41 PM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

I did not know that, lol. I guess that would be interesting to see. I honestly think X-men/F-4 is the only bad depiction of him so far. Even then, that wasn't his fault. Then again, that's a discussion/mess of its own, lol.

In a bad attempt to focus on Scott...I find it interesting that Scott's headgear for the jet looked similar to Xavier's helmet. It's a bit hard to tell who stole the X-face design from who.
    Xavier would totally make sure that everyone knows that he was first one to use that desing, "RevolutionaryCyclops, you say?, that's just a fairy tail"- Charles Xavier, probably.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by bell View Post
    Dont agree it would have, it be like a celebrity gets a slap and a none one gets a harder punishment.

As for the QC none of them try to understand any of the situation. The discussion was the QC telling them what they done wrong and not trying to hear any of them. Sinister makes a argument as to how to handle the situation but no one in the QC bothers to come up with something better.

We don't get to see the vote, one can argue they all agree right away to what sinister said because when Scott talks to Psylocke he ask if she heard everything in there. Or maybe i am mistaken but from what i read Scott found out his brother was there and took Psylocke as back up if needed.
    The QC knew of the situations (except for the Morlock one) but none of them told them what they did wrong (except for the Morlock one and that was solely Storm). There was nothing to hear or anything for the group to say because again, it wasn't a trial. The 'at risk' mutants weren't being judged (except for the Morlock one) or sentenced because they were not on trial. The QC was there to see how best to handle a group of people that couldn't "make it" on the island with the other mutants. They weren't meeting to punish them, they were only there to discuss what they should do with them.

We don't know if anyone came up with something better because we're not shown that. Storm dismisses Cyclops and tells him they will ponder Sinister's proposal. Also, might I add that during that meeting; the entire Quiet Council was there, including Emma. She had a vote in this too as she's seen earlier asking the council what should they do with the 'at risk' mutants.

You're right, we don't see the vote but I don't think they all agreed immediately. If Jean didn't agree to the Crucible, I don't think she (or Emma) would agree to letting Sinister take the other mutants and form his own team. Anyway, Scott asks Psylocke to look over the minutes of the meeting and checks to make sure that she read the briefing. She's there to make sure things don't get too out of control. As for Alex, Scott says, "I can trust you to go easy on him?" and she replies "As much as I can be trusted. Yes."

Xavier would totally make sure that everyone knows that he was first one to use that desing, "RevolutionaryCyclops, you say?, that's just a fairy tail"- Charles Xavier, probably.
    Pretty much, lol.

As for another topic. Considering Scott's tether to the current direction is his family, Will he snap if something happens to all of them. Something is in store for Vulcan, Havok will now be elsewhere and most likely with Maddie. Jean might undergo a change. Rachel will currently be living elsewhere. Something might happen with her as well. It's just a thought. I hope the guy doesn't snap if that happens.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

Pretty much, lol.

As for another topic. Considering Scott's tether to the current direction is his family, Will he snap if something happens to all of them. Something is in store for Vulcan, Havok will now be elsewhere and most likely with Maddie. Jean might undergo a change. Rachel will currently be living elsewhere. Something might happen with her as well. It's just a thought. I hope the guy doesn't snap if that happens.
    He would probably push down his feelings of sadness if anything happens, until he finds the guilty and he unleash hell. I'm still waiting to know more about Vulcan situation to be honest, sadly we aren't those answers for a long time (with the whole quarantine happening).

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

He would probably push down his feelings of sadness if anything happens, until he finds the guilty and he unleash hell. I'm still waiting to know more about Vulcan situation to be honest, sadly we aren't those answers for a long time (with the whole quarantine happening).
    Yeah. At the same time, it would be odd if the Summers family breaks up this early.

Well, the answers will come eventually; and I don't want to delve into that "conversation" but I hope everything goes well for everyone here.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

Yeah. At the same time, it would be odd if the Summers family breaks up this early.

Well, the answers will come eventually; and I don't want to delve into that "conversation" but I hope everything goes well for everyone here.
    I completly agreed.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Lots of talk.of Hellions today. But Havok does raise a good point:Why was Scott there?

This squad wasn't one he watched over personally and probably didn't fit his station as CC of the Xmen. If not then who is the General that would be in Charge of Alex's previous team and why arent they there?

Scott's inclusion seems to just be the reactionary "are you serious" part and out of the Generals he would make this point, especially for Alex.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Pretty much, lol.

Considering that some of us are expecting Scott to lose his faith in Krakoa eventually (My money is sometime in phase two, or the finale of phase one at the very earliest, the finale of phase two at the very latest) we have to start seeing the pieces fall into place for that to happen. I think the situation with Alex is the first significant domino, although the doubts he has voiced earlier about other things (like the Crucible) probably helped make that domino less stable than it otherwise would have been.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Lots of talk.of Hellions today. But Havok does raise a good point:Why was Scott there?

This squad wasn't one he watched over personally and probably didn't fit his station as CC of the Xmen. If not then who is the General that would be in Charge of Alex's previous team and why arent they there?

Scott's inclusion seems to just be the reactionary "are you serious" part and out of the Generals he would make this point, especially for Alex.
    Kurt was there and that seemed sufficient enough

They’re setting up a conflict between Scott and the Quiet Council so that when Krakoa comes crumbling down they can blame Cyclops like they always do.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    They’re setting up a conflict between Scott and the Quiet Council so that when Krakoa comes crumbling down they can blame Cyclops like they always do.
    But will the people who are talking about how bad Krakoa is under the surface suddenly start singing its praises once Cyclops is in opposition to it.

Who am I kidding, of course they will.
    Last edited by Gray Lensman; 03-27-2020 at 06:28 PM.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    But will the people who are talking about how bad Krakoa is under the surface suddenly start singing its praises once Cyclops is I'm opposition to it.

Who am I kidding, of course they will.
    Lol, no matter what happens, Cyclops loses.

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post

Also, I don't think spoilers are much of an issue now that the book is already out? But if it makes you comfy, I think the spoiler tag is just [Spoil] and [*/Spoil] without the asterisk.
    Barely noticed this, thanks.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    You think they’re seeding a future conflict of Cyclops and the Council in a Hellions book?