Page 131 of 149 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 2233

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    As if Norm Spencer wasn't enough, Kirby Morrow (Scott in X-Men Evolution) just passed away.

RIP Mr. Morrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    That is sad news. Hope his loved ones are doing well.

May he rest in peace.
    That's terrible. I always remembered him most from his role as Miroku in Inuyasha, but his Scott was also fantastic. I'll have to introduce my nephew to X-Men Evolution ASAP.

May he rest in peace.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post

CHAMPIONS #4

EVE L. EWING (W) • BOB QUINN (A) • Cover by TONI INFANTE

BLACK HISTORY MONTH VARIANT COVER BY ERNANDA SOUZA

Guest-Starring CYCLOPS and the MARAUDERS!

Avast, ye! CHAMPIONS ON THE HIGH SEAS! NOVA, IRONHEART, MILES and MS. MARVEL have narrowly escaped C.R.A.D.L.E. for now with the help of their old teammate, but it’s out of the frying pan and into the…ocean..
    That was solicited last month.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

For those interested, Chris Claremont did an AMA on Reddit recently. And not surprisingly, he took some time to denigrate Cyclops. This was the exchange:

Q: Why does everyone think Wolverine is the bee's knees when Cyclops is the best X-Man?

CC: Logan is cool, Scott is not. My problem is I thought Scott was a wonderful character until he moment he walked out on Madelyne, and went back to Jean—and that was dishonorable and destroyed him as a character. Logan wouldn’t do that. He’d kill you but he’d do it for the right reasons.

Scott was the base, the foundation of the team. He's the core around which everything orbits, which is why with Madelyne, it meant so much to me to give him a happy ending to resolve the whole Jean conundrum. To get that death out of his system, and get on with real life. And for me, for Scott, it was all about real life.

I was just reading the issue with the fight between Scott and Ororo. And the whole point is, Scott thinks, “I have to stay with the X-Men, they need me to lead them.” But he’s got wife and a kid now. Maybe it's time to grow up. There aren't that many families in the super hero universe, like the FF. Scott is not Reed Richards. Give yourself a break. Give your family a break.

And for Scott, it's coming up to a point where he has to rewrite the patterning of his life, which occasionally is what happens when you grow hit your 20s. And it's very, very hard. Falling in love, making the commitment of “I do,” is awesome. Finding yourself with a baby is the scariest, most wonderful thing that can possibly happen. And again, as a writer, I was selfishly looking forward to dealing with that over the years with Scott, as I tried to do in X-Men. What's it like for him to be a father? How does he relate to things? How does he deal with being married? There was all sorts of stuff there on both a real world and a super hero perspective. And then it all got thrown away. And that's why it took Louise Simonson two years, if not longer to figure out how to resolve it. To get to get them all as people back on track, so that we could resolve it.

But, you know, for me it was just a moment that you could not go back from—because it took away the opportunity for Scott to be a father, and it just remade him as tropes. And they deserve better than that. And yes, It's been 30 years and I still bare a grudge. Sorry about that.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    As if Norm Spencer wasn't enough, Kirby Morrow (Scott in X-Men Evolution) just passed away.

RIP Mr. Morrow.
    Such sad news. Between him and Norm Spencer, this year just keeps finding new ways to break our collective hearts.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    For those interested, Chris Claremont did an AMA on Reddit recently. And not surprisingly, he took some time to denigrate Cyclops. This was the exchange:
    After reading this response from the interview, I'm not entirely sure what Claremont is trying to say he wanted for Scott. Did he want him to just be a normal guy? I'm not sure if there were years of material to dig into if that were the case. Otherwise, I'm not surprised from anything else in the interview. Also, that Wolverine comparison just makes me even more confused, but it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Such sad news. Between him and Norm Spencer, this year just keeps finding new ways to break our collective hearts.
    Pretty much how I feel. To think the year was almost over as well...
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 11-20-2020 at 05:37 AM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That was solicited last month.
    It seems like a few solicitations have been pushed back. I think Cable is another one. A few monthlies -- Captain America, Black Widow -- were also skipped, so February might be an odd month.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Almost 35 years and the rrrhate still going strong, lol. Oh, Claremont, never change.

P.S. lololololololololol

So nothing new from Claremont. Oh well.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Considering that, while the story about Jean's return came out in January 1986, Claremont was already aware of it at some point in 1985, that means that he, who turned 70 this year, spent most of his life bitter because not only a plot point about a fictional character, but that specific point was that a character who was well known to be obsessive with work, and whom he describes as the foundation of comics' most popular superhero team, didn't stay married and retired forever to a woman he married a couple of months after meeting her, and who looked exactly like his dead girlfriend.

Let that sink in for a moment.

It must be really hard for Claremont to see Hickman paying attention to Scott, Lorna and Emma (didn't Hickman also say that Scott is cooler than Logan ?)

As much as I really appreciate the success Claremont brought and all the good things he did for Rogue, my favorite female character, he really needs to move on

Maddie deserved way much better, it's a fact, but spitting on Scott indefinitely is useless (just like thinking over and over that Lorna is only good for being a possessed housewife and that Emma must remain a villain)

Claremont wrote Scott out of the book. Save for the occasional cameos, it was ridiculous of Claremont to think that Marvel would or should never have used him as an active superhero again. Some of the stuff he said doesnt even make sense like referencing the Scott vs Oror fight. Scott didnt choose to stay with Maddie. He did so by default bc he lost a chance to do what he truly wanted, and that was to lead the X-men. Maddie and Scott were having problems over this before that issue as he wasnt around when she gave birth bc he was drawn back to the X-men. He joining X-Factor felt logical bc of what Claremont had written and to this day he cant take any ownership over that. How it went down may have been messy but Marvel ran with characterization he had introduced
    Last edited by Havok83; 11-20-2020 at 12:55 PM.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

CHAMPIONS #4

EVE L. EWING (W) • BOB QUINN (A) • Cover by TONI INFANTE

BLACK HISTORY MONTH VARIANT COVER BY ERNANDA SOUZA

Guest-Starring CYCLOPS and the MARAUDERS!

Avast, ye! CHAMPIONS ON THE HIGH SEAS! NOVA, IRONHEART, MILES and MS. MARVEL have narrowly escaped C.R.A.D.L.E. for now with the help of their old teammate, but it’s out of the frying pan and into the…ocean..
    Can they make this his permanent outfit?

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    It must be really hard for Claremont to see Hickman paying attention to Scott, Lorna and Emma (didn't Hickman also say that Scott is cooler than Logan ?)

As much as I really appreciate the success Claremont brought and all the good things he did for Rogue, my favorite female character, he really needs to move on

Maddie deserved way much better, it's a fact, but spitting on Scott indefinitely is useless (just like thinking over and over that Lorna is only good for being a possessed housewife and that Emma must remain a villain)
    Claremont being upset is understandable, his insistence that Scott be as ruined for everyone else as the character is for him is not. The guy needs to grow up.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

I've said before, but I think the real issue is that Claremont's pet was Storm, and with Cyclops around, she'd never be the leader and the base of the X-men as he himself described Scott, and which was always his objective. Add that to a sense of entitlement, thinking he owns the characters and you have it. But, still, 35 years, talk about petty.

I've said before, but I think the real issue is that Claremont's pet was Storm, and with Cyclops around, she'd never be the leader and the base of the X-men as he himself described Scott, and which was always his objective. Add that to a sense of entitlement, thinking he owns the characters and you have it. But, still, 35 years, talk about petty.
    but that doesnt track as Scott wasnt brought back to the X-men when Jean returned. He spent years in another book, not stepping on Storm's toes at all and when he did return to the X-men, he was put on a different team than her, not that it mattered as Claremont was pretty much done by then