Page 101 of 149 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 2233

Where did you want him to appear in X-Men today? In the backstory of things that happened thousands of years ago? Sometimes I understand that we want more Scott but there are times when he just doesn't belong.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Where did you want him to appear in X-Men today? In the backstory of things that happened thousands of years ago? Sometimes I understand that we want more Scott but there are times when he just doesn't belong.
    Actually I didn't read X-Men 12 yet, I was just comenting on the general spot Cyclops have on the title, basically just cameos on group shots.

The Art of War is like 50 pages long.

thataintartofwar.jpg

That looks much more than 50 pages.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post

thataintartofwar.jpg

Maybe its an edition made for those with visual impairments, such that the font is larger and page count is more than the original

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Maybe its an edition made for those with visual impairments, such that the font is larger and page count is more than the original
    Nah, I read the book when I was a teenager and usually the editions fill you with notes and more notes.

In Amazon for example there is one of 272 pages.

Nah, I read the book when I was a teenager and usually the editions fill you with notes and more notes.

Are you saying that they put 5 times extra material than the actual content of the book?!

Are you saying that they put 5 times extra material than the actual content of the book?!
    Yes, with old works it is relatively common because there is so much historical and literary context that the average reader has no way of understanding

thataintartofwar.jpg

The first time I read it, I was sure it was some kind of summed up edition, because it was way smaller than expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    The first time I read it, I was sure it was some kind of summed up edition, because it was way smaller than expected.
    The larger editions typically have commentary on many of the original points by later Chinese military leaders, most notably Cao Cao, but lots of others put their own spin on things.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member

I love how Alex had the more emotional reaction to Maddy lol Scott really doesn't care about her.
    Last edited by loke13; 09-16-2020 at 11:16 AM.

okay but you are still saying there are editions that are more than 50 pages so im not seeing the problem then

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I love how I looked at the more emotional reaction to Maddy lol Scott really doesn't care about her.
    Is that your impression? It has given me just the opposite, he cares about Maddy but knowing that he cannot do anything for her, he prefers not to show his emotions about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    okay but you are still saying there are editions that are more than 50 pages so im not seeing the problem then
    Exactly, there is no problem with the drawing.

Spotlight was different. Art was cool. Story was a bit slow though if im being honest. Its was as if i was being told who Scott is, rather then reading a story showing me who Scott is.

Astonishing Member

Is that your impression? It has given me just the opposite, he cares about Maddy but knowing that he cannot do anything for her, he prefers not to show his emotions about it.

Exactly, there is no problem with the drawing.
    I find it interesting that this new Krakoa era kicked off with Scott getting the chance to have his perfect family he's raising kid cable with Jean by his side Rachel, Alex, and Gabriel are all living under the same roof on the Moon with a gateway to his dads personal spaceship. And yet Maddy didn't factor into any of that? The biological mother of Nathan? Jean's glorified twin? Madelyne Pryor is a source of huge guilt for Scott Summers and whatever Scott's excuse to Alex about it being a quiet Council decision I think deep down happy not having that physical embodiment of his guilt walking around Krakoa.

Also the QC's decision was such bs if your thoughts amd memories are the "soul" of your being per the HoX explanation then Maddy is her own person separate from Jean regardless of her genetic makeup.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I find it interesting that this new Krakoa era kicked off with Scott getting the chance to have his perfect family he's raising kid cable with Jean by his side Rachel, Alex, and Gabriel are all living under the same roof on the Moon with a gateway to his dads personal spaceship. And yet Maddy didn't factor into any of that? The biological mother of Nathan? Jean's glorified twin? Madelyne Pryor is a source of huge guilt for Scott Summers and whatever Scott's excuse to Alex about it being a quiet Council decision I think deep down happy not having that physical embodiment of his guilt walking around Krakoa.

Also the QC's decision was such bs if your thoughts amd memories are the "soul" of your being per the HoX explanation then Maddy is her own person separate from Jean regardless of her genetic makeup.
    It is certainly a complicated matter for Scott, but he has always been open to trying to fix the situation with Maddie. Without a doubt his life is easier without her and it is probably what Alex is going to accuse him of but I think Scott is sincere in that he tried everything he could to convince the Council.