Page 102 of 149 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 2233
    Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I find it interesting that this new Krakoa era kicked off with Scott getting the chance to have his perfect family he's raising kid cable with Jean by his side Rachel, Alex, and Gabriel are all living under the same roof on the Moon with a gateway to his dads personal spaceship. And yet Maddy didn't factor into any of that? The biological mother of Nathan? Jean's glorified twin? Madelyne Pryor is a source of huge guilt for Scott Summers and whatever Scott's excuse to Alex about it being a quiet Council decision I think deep down happy not having that physical embodiment of his guilt walking around Krakoa.

Also the QC's decision was such bs if your thoughts amd memories are the "soul" of your being per the HoX explanation then Maddy is her own person separate from Jean regardless of her genetic makeup.
    Madelyne didn't come to Krakoa by her own choice, all mutants were invited.

And Scott not showing his emotions and repressing them is extremely in character since 1963.

Read Spotlight. It was a good read thought the ending felt abrupt. It did make me want more so totally worth the buy.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Alex IS going to be more emotional about it - he just went through the emotional wringer and Scott was still back at Krakoa. Proximity matters.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Alex IS going to be more emotional about it - he just went through the emotional wringer and Scott was still back at Krakoa. Proximity matters.
    Yes, this is another classic "Character thinks Scott doesn't care about something because he keeps his feelings to himself but actually Scott does care a lot."

Alex is going to think Scott doesn't care about Maddie and is going to get mad at him. It's classic Scott.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Yes, this is another classic "Character thinks Scott doesn't care about something because he keeps his feelings to himself but actually Scott does care a lot."

Alex is going to think Scott doesn't care about Maddie and is going to get mad at him. It's classic Scott.
    One would think the person in Krakoa that knows him the longest would understand him. Oh well...

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Read Spotlight. It was a good read thought the ending felt abrupt. It did make me want more so totally worth the buy.
    Liked snapshot too. Good read and writing debut.

As for Hellions, it certainly seems controversial for Scott, even though he didn't do anything terrible. Then again, that's expected.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 09-16-2020 at 04:33 PM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post

With some people if Maddie is involved, Scott must be the badwrongdouche somehow, even if he isn't in the story.
    Dark does not mean deep.

BANNED

God, Snapshot was just sooooo good. Hope you guys read it, because I had a really great time.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I find it interesting that this new Krakoa era kicked off with Scott getting the chance to have his perfect family he's raising kid cable with Jean by his side Rachel, Alex, and Gabriel are all living under the same roof on the Moon with a gateway to his dads personal spaceship. And yet Maddy didn't factor into any of that? The biological mother of Nathan? Jean's glorified twin? Madelyne Pryor is a source of huge guilt for Scott Summers and whatever Scott's excuse to Alex about it being a quiet Council decision I think deep down happy not having that physical embodiment of his guilt walking around Krakoa.

Also the QC's decision was such bs if your thoughts amd memories are the "soul" of your being per the HoX explanation then Maddy is her own person separate from Jean regardless of her genetic makeup.
    "physical embodiment of his guilt" weird way to call his rapist.
    It's really weird to attack someone because they are uninterested in living with someone who tried to murder his son, physically and mentally abused him and raped him

Quote Originally Posted by maxi_miceli View Post
    "physical embodiment of his guilt" weird way to call his "the wife he abandoned with a baby".
    It's really weird to attack someone because they are uninterested in living with someone who tried to murder his son, physically and mentally abused him and raped him
    Bolded is all he's going to be remembered as in the Maddie Saga.

Mostly because no one cares for the Fraction Era and this way they can keep that black mark on him.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

Quote Originally Posted by maxi_miceli View Post
    "physical embodiment of his guilt" weird way to call his rapist.
    Cyclops was wise in wanting the full custody
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Bolded is all he's going to be remembered as in the Maddie Saga.

Mostly because no one cares for the Fraction Era and this way they can keep that black mark on him.
    Making it doubly hilarious, because it's both making a rapist into a victim (and I'm taking the "hilarious" very liberally, it's quite disgusting), and falsely claiming he abandoned her, she kicked him out of his house because he went to NY when he was called on an emergency (of which all she knew about was him yelling "but how can that be it's impossible" and that he was needed the same day in NY) after yelling at him all day because he was worried about the previous step of his entire race being put into concentration camps and when he came back she was gone

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Glad to hear that Snapshots sounds good. I couldn't make it out to go grab a copy because of Hurricane/TS Sally dumping a bazillion gallons of water on the city today. Gonna try and snag it tomorrow, hopefully.

Hey gang, been a while. I got Snapshots today and thought it was a great book, but it really put into focus for me how little I care about the main X-books right now. I mean, I'm thinking of dropping the books with X of Swords on the way.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Hey gang, been a while. I got Snapshots today and thought it was a great book, but it really put into focus for me how little I care about the main X-books right now. I mean, I'm thinking of dropping the books with X of Swords on the way.
    If nothings hittin ya fancy, you should. I only get xmen because its kinda sorta Scotts main book.

Have you tried Hellions?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.