Page 108 of 149 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 2233

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Cyclops is having a story arc, but it's going to be long and slow. We already have a lot of potential stuff on the board (Vulcan, Havok, Madelyne, Children of the Vault, Sinister, doubts with Krakoa)
    Hickman always makes very long arcs
    That's kind of my take too. First, the status quo needs to be established - and since it is so different than what has happened before, it takes A LOT of pages to do that. Then, you need the first real shake-up to that new status quo, and with the way comics are today, that means the first big event, which is X of Swords. I didn't expect Scott's story to ramp up until after that, although the combination of his absence from many of the issues hitting at the same time as the COVID delays has really stretched that absence out - it feels like he was less absent from the comics when he was dead.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I feel you especially on the one-and-dones. At least we'll probably get a break from them with the X of Swords crossover. The issue after the crossover appears to be a Scott centered issue (of course covers and solits can be deceiving). I do want more Cyclops and so far Hickman does his voice well. So far the characters that Hickman writes best in my opinion include Apocalypse, Magneto, Xavier, and Cyclops.
    I'm gonna skip X of Swords and use the time to reread everything I have now to decide whether to continue on this run or not.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    So I said this in the other thread but I wanted to hear y'alls opinions. Why isn't Cyclops more respected in the superhero community? He was a respected leader of the X-Men for over a decade and even if you take into account Utopia era Cyclops it makes no sense The Avengers lineup is a littered with problematic and arrogant characters and more than one prominent Avenger has had their "Fall From Grace" moment.
    TPTB wanted us to hate Scott and we said "No."?

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Utopia Era Cyclops called folks out on their apathetic crap and didn't apologize, thus unwittingly revealing the superhero "We'll protect the world, just don't expect us to make it better" scam for what it is. Makes sense the superhero community would get all pissy about it.

Anyway, yeah, count another vote in the "Yeah, it could be worse, by Cyke definitely got the worst deal of any x-book "protagonist" right now."
    You've got me thinking about Morrison's Action Comics in relation to Utopia Era Cyclops, but I don't think I can communicate my thoughts properly yet...
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I feel you especially on the one-and-dones. At least we'll probably get a break from them with the X of Swords crossover. The issue after the crossover appears to be a Scott centered issue (of course covers and solits can be deceiving). I do want more Cyclops and so far Hickman does his voice well. So far the characters that Hickman writes best in my opinion include Apocalypse, Magneto, Xavier, and Cyclops.
    No one really bringing up the possibility that the fallout issue won't be an introspective look on whatever silly decision Cyke makes but more-everyone else whinging about the aforementioned decision?
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    That's kind of my take too. First, the status quo needs to be established - and since it is so different than what has happened before, it takes A LOT of pages to do that. Then, you need the first real shake-up to that new status quo, and with the way comics are today, that means the first big event, which is X of Swords. I didn't expect Scott's story to ramp up until after that, although the combination of his absence from many of the issues hitting at the same time as the COVID delays has really stretched that absence out - it feels like he was less absent from the comics when he was dead.
    Yep, it's weird so many people in this thread don't seem to understand this. Hickman clearly has ambitious plans for the x-men, it makes no sense for Scott to go through some dramatic story arc when the krokoa era just started. People seem to forget Scott being united with his entire family and dealing with his current status quo is a huge shakeup for the character itself after the past few years of x-men hating him (and also him being dead lol.)

Quote Originally Posted by dragonpiece View Post
    yep, it's weird so many people in this thread don't seem to understand this. Hickman clearly has ambitious plans for the x-men, it makes no sense for scott to go through some dramatic story arc when the krokoa era just started. People seem to forget scott being united with his entire family and dealing with his current status quo is a huge shakeup for the character itself after the past few years of x-men hating him (and also him being dead lol.)
    covid be wack yo. We gettin withdrawals.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Yep, it's weird so many people in this thread don't seem to understand this. Hickman clearly has ambitious plans for the x-men, it makes no sense for Scott to go through some dramatic story arc when the krokoa era just started. People seem to forget Scott being united with his entire family and dealing with his current status quo is a huge shakeup for the character itself after the past few years of x-men hating him (and also him being dead lol.)
    I feel that most of us do understand this. However, our criticisms are over the lack of any character progression/growth. Hickman probably has something big planned, but I'm not sure leaving Scott to the side until that point really gives me much to anticipate the eventual character arc. Something small would suffice. I'm not sure any of us are really asking for him to take complete center stage, but being wallpaper is something else entirely.

That being said, the delays might be making things worse, but for now, it's hard to tell.

Also, given this is a complete status change, it would be nice to see him interact more while he is happy and respected. Hopefully when his "big" arc/shakeup does come, it's not because everything is falling apart.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 09-21-2020 at 07:45 PM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

I'm sure that Hickman have long terms plans for Cyclops, that his way. But, in the meantime, Cyclops is just there, in X-Force Wolverine, Jean and Colossus are having huge personal developtments and dramatic story arcs. In Marauders Kitty and Emma are dominating that book and having great emotional and action moments.
    On X-Men Cyclops isn't doing nothing of note, we know he have a important position on Krakoa, we know he lives on the moon with a new marriage arrangement and that's it. In one issue we got more on Mystic and Vulcan than we ever got on Cyclops. Maybe if we were getting something with Cyclops on another comics, but we aren't, all we have is background, group shots and poliamory suggestions.

Astonishing Member

Agreed. Nothing Hickman has done has shown me says that he doesn't care about the Cyclops character or that he has no plans for him. Quite the opposite actually.

But this is par for the course when it comes to Hickman he's a long term story planner and considering he'll probably be on the X line for the next couple of years it's no surprise that this first year is primarily being used as set up and background info.

Patience.

The empty council behind Cyclops is foreshadowing. He is probably going to take over Krakoa as that is his duty during times of war. He is calling the shots and something will go wrong and hell probably be at odds with Apocalypse or Magneto, who are both getting a following... etc. Hickman doesnt waste any information. All of this stuff has been explained in detail.

So people cant be disappointed by the lack of Cyclops in the meantime? Thats the biggest issue that people have. We dont need to see a complete story arc playing out right now but him appearing more than a cameo in some books would at least be a start. He doesnt feel to have much presence in the books despite his important role on Krakoa. Like the Cotati battle that we only heard about could have been an amazing story for him, but all we got was one splash page. There are alot of missed opportunities to expand on him

Quote Originally Posted by BESTXMAN View Post
    The empty council behind Cyclops is foreshadowing. He is probably going to take over Krakoa as that is his duty during times of war. He is calling the shots and something will go wrong and hell probably be at odds with Apocalypse or Magneto, who are both getting a following... etc. Hickman doesnt waste any information. All of this stuff has been explained in detail.
    I would be genuinely shocked if this happened, I just don’t see Scott taking over.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    No one really bringing up the possibility that the fallout issue won't be an introspective look on whatever silly decision Cyke makes but more-everyone else whinging about the aforementioned decision?
    If I had to bet, it would be exactly what you said. The most likeley scenario is the team coming out of the Vault, and the repercutions of it, maybe a page of Cyclops guilty tripping, and a lot of insight on the form of data pages.

Quote Originally Posted by BESTXMAN View Post
    I think it represents that Scott is going to make a unilateral risky decision without consulting the Council.

For example, deciding to rescue the team sent to investigate the Children of the Vault. It is obvious that he regrets having sent them there and it fits that he wants to rescue them, no matter how risky it is.

Default A BIG question for Cyclops fans...

If you all had the opportunity to give Cyclops the story and development you feel he deserves, what would it entail?

What do you like/love about the character?

Have you seen what you wanted represented well, in any media?

What do you NOT like/love about the character?

If there's a complaint about the character, or his development in Marvel media, what would it be?

If you could enhance Cyclops' in some way, what would that be, and or entail?

If you could have one wish granted, that insane fanboy/fangirl carte blanche done with Cyclops' character that you'd love so much, what would it be?