Page 11 of 149 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Todays xmen was too light. I need some meat happening here and now.
    /sigh

All that waiting for what reads like another filler. Now, with reused art, to boot.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

BANNED

I wish Scott had a good moment with X-23.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    I liked their friendship. It will be cool if they keep being friends but who knows how would that work with Logan's own relationship with both characters.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Haven't been here in a while. Hope everyone's been good. Any interesting discussions? Not that there really seems to be anything to discuss to be honest.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Fantastic Member

It's funny, because I'm really enjoying this new era, but I do feel a bit jealous of other characters, since yea Scott is the Center of X-men (is he really though? just feels like he's there sometimes) yet there are other books
    (Mainly X-force) that feel more like a legit team book, while X-men totally is world buildy. I have other favorites so there's that to enjoy,but at the end of the day Cyclops is number one for me and I'd like to see him at least in another book where he does more than just giving mission briefings and worrying.

Since he's in a happy mood, what would you guys like to see him do for fun? ie vacations movie nights etc...

other than the space trip with rachel, I could see him doing some shooting type of challenge games with nathan and some others. Knowing Scott though,I wouldn't put it past him to wash dishes as a way of "winding down"

Quote Originally Posted by Neocide View Post
    It's funny, because I'm really enjoying this new era, but I do feel a bit jealous of other characters, since yea Scott is the Center of X-men (is he really though? just feels like he's there sometimes) yet there are other books
    (Mainly X-force) that feel more like a legit team book, while X-men totally is world buildy. I have other favorites so there's that to enjoy,but at the end of the day Cyclops is number one for me and I'd like to see him at least in another book where he does more than just giving mission briefings and worrying.

Since he's in a happy mood, what would you guys like to see him do for fun? ie vacations movie nights etc...

other than the space trip with rachel, I could see him doing some shooting type of challenge games with nathan and some others. Knowing Scott though,I wouldn't put it past him to wash dishes as a way of "winding down"
    I would agree that there doesn't seem to be much happening with him at the moment. It's nice to see him in every issue but that's about it. I would like him to have some arc eventually.

As for fun activities, not too sure honestly. I would actually hope that his family side be slightly explored more while the opportunity exists.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Neocide View Post

I'd say Cyke's the reader's stand-in. Sort of like in RPGs, where you view the story through the main character's perspective. Scott's that character--- the book might not revolve around him / his character growth, but we see him react to different plot points.

Not my cup of tea, really, since I prefer character-focused stories, but whatever. I'm just waiting for either another writer to pick-up Scott (in a new book, hopefully), or for Hickman to actually write a story instead of setting up his Dawn of X 'verse with each issue.

Take this latest one, for example. Isn't this Laura's first interaction (on-panel) with post-Tyke!Scott? Assuming the past several years of X-Men stories are still canon (because I'm still not convinced every single story is, to be frank), I was expecting a more-emotional reunion. Or a call-back of some sort.

Instead, I got more of what, to me, feels like filler.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    They did. She utterly hates the fact that he's her sort-of-step-dad, lol. Off-limits and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    They did. She utterly hates the fact that he's her sort-of-step-dad, lol. Off-limits and all that.
    Ah, the forbidden fruit.

Now Scott's words of regret make more sense, lol.

I know it's a terrible joke, but I can't help it sometimes...
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Ah, the forbidden fruit.

Now Scott's words of regret make more sense, lol.

I know it's a terrible joke, but I can't help it sometimes...
    Doesn't work there, though. Scott clearly didn't get what her 'I AM WOLVERINE' tantrum was all about. He's probably just annoyed he has to babysit Gabby more often now that Laura's gone.

Doesn't work there, though. Scott clearly didn't get what her 'I AM WOLVERINE' tantrum was all about. He's probably just annoyed he has to babysit Gabby more often now that Laura's gone.
    The Summers family is really confusing now. I'd really like to know what this is about and what Scott thinks. Especially if he has to babysit Gabby.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

Mighty Member

Was that what the "I AM WOLVERINE" bit was about? Laura asserting dominance over Scott's ass? XD
    Let your wallet talk.

The Summers family is really confusing now. I'd really like to know what this is about and what Scott thinks. Especially if he has to babysit Gabby.
    Cyclops: "It's really not that complicated, kiddo. I'm the genuine jerk. Jean and Logan get the 90s Hybrid CloneClops. Emma gets the 00s Hybrid CloneClops. Meaning I'm basically your step-dad's twin brother. Or something."
    Gabby: ".........................."

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    Was that what the "I AM WOLVERINE" bit was about? Laura asserting dominance over Scott's ass? XD
    More like passive-aggressively lamenting the lack of anything-to-do-with-Scott's-literal-anything.
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 01-29-2020 at 08:34 PM.

Cyclops: "It's really not that complicated, kiddo. I'm the genuine jerk. Jean and Logan get the 90s Hybrid CloneClops. Emma gets the 00s Hybrid CloneClops. Meaning I'm basically your step-dad's twin brother. Or something."
    Gabby: ".........................."
    Scott gave a bit too information there, lol.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

Scott gave a bit too information there, lol.
    And to think we haven't even gotten into the 80s Hybrid CloneClops and Maddie drama.