Page 111 of 149 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 2233

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    In X-Factor 4 they talked that Krakoa was on war a couple times, so when will Cyclops start running that shit?
    Well, that would be cool, but I'm not gonna hold my breath.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Astonishing Member

In X-Factor 4 they talked that Krakoa was on war a couple times, so when will Cyclops start running that shit?
    A friendly reminder that being the CC doesn't mean Cyclops gains total control I think there's a bit of a misconception there for some people. Much of the authority still rest with the QC even in times of war Cyclops's and the other captains responsibility lies in defending the state and with the External gate closed via magic there's really not much he can do besides posting sentries around the Avalon gate.

Still its not a coincidence that Scott reactivated S.W.O.R.D. in a event caller X of Swords where there are 10 sword wielders 9 of which have already been revealed.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

So, same old same old, I guess. Rereading older issues has been fun, though.

What is everyone's favorite era for Scott out of curiousity? Though, this might have been asked already.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post

What is everyone's favorite era for Scott out of curiousity? Though, this might have been asked already.
    Astonishing or Utopia era, now because I have a newfound appreciation for both.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Astonishing or Utopia era, now because I have a newfound appreciation for both.
    Same, Astonishing was, imo, the first time Cyclops took center stage on the X-Men as a hero, before that he only took center stage when it came to relationship drama and soapy stuff.

About my question, I think I have the answer. Cyclops will start calling the shots, at the end, just in time for him to take the blame of whatever shit show this will turn into.

Fantastic Member

I really liked the period from Whedon's Astonishing through Utopia. I really liked Scott's role in it all.

Same, Astonishing was, imo, the first time Cyclops took center stage on the X-Men as a hero, before that he only took center stage when it came to relationship drama and soapy stuff.

About my question, I think I have the answer. Cyclops will start calling the shots, at the end, just in time for him to take the blame of whatever shit show this will turn into.
    I think you’re probably right.

There should absolutely be a book with the X-Men as straight-up heroes as the hook.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Cause of what happened?

spoilers:
    -No plans for the ressurection protocols if damaged or if there was a war
    -The Death of a Young mutant who's been changed, possibly forever
    -Literal BttD comin and if they die over there, they be screwed
    end of spoilers

So yeah. Happy party times over.
    HAHAHAHA

spoilers:
    Gotta love retroactively inserting flaws into the cloning protocol just to bring back the element of danger in the X-Books HAHAHAHA
    end of spoilers

For Scott? Utopia. Survivalist / bunker mentality was done well, with actual stakes.

For the X-Men as a whole? San Francisco era, in recent memory, I guess. I liked seeing the X-Men-- especially the kids-- outside the school and interacting with the non-superpowered folk.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

I think they have explicitly said that they have not been before and that is why they do not have resurrection protocols prepared for war.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    HAHAHAHA

spoilers:
    Gotta love retroactively inserting flaws into the cloning protocol just to bring back the element of danger in the X-Books HAHAHAHA
    end of spoilers
    There's nothing retroactive. Is simply a very specific case no one had considered before.

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    This is the first event. I find it almost completely impossible that this disruption of the new status quo wasn't planned from the start.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Interesting responses to my question. I'd have to agree with the general consensus. Although for me, Claremont's early work is a close second. Once his work reached a certain point, his Cyclops seemed to went down a steep decline.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

As of now: Astonishing to Utopia era. I'd also nominate Claremont up till the duel.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

HAHAHAHA

spoilers:
    end of spoilers.
    Its not retroactive and the story isnt done. We dont know exactly what is going on here

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Why must you inflict Shadowcat on our Boy?
    I genuinely believe it would be a step up from Scott/Logan and Kitty/Emma arbitrarily sucking each other off because KRAKOA!

Le sigh. The more I reread this relaunch, the more I get annoyed by the picking/choosing and arbitrary repositioning. Oh well.